ADVERTISEMENT

Nelly Cummings?

Does cummings ride the pine now that Dior is on board?
Or, do they share the 1-2 with McNeilly backing up on the wing?
PG - Dior (Nelly wasnt a true PG anyway
SG - Nelly
SF - Burton
PF - Hinson
C - Hugley

4 guards all playing starter's minutes with Sibande recovering.

Dior 30 Nelly 10
Nelly 20 Sibande 20
Burton 25 Sibande/Jeffress 15

SG - Nelly
SF - Burton
PF - Hinson
C - Hugley

Dior 30 Nelly 10
Nelly 20 Sibande 20
Replace Sibande/Jeffress with Elliott and I think this is probably pretty close, at least in the backcourt.

SG - Nelly
SF - Burton
PF - Hinson
C - Hugley

Dior 30 Nelly 10
Nelly 20 Sibande 20
With who we have (absent injury), Jeffress will see no time at the 3.

With who we have (absent injury), Jeffress will see no time at the 3.

Agreed. Elliot is a career 41% 3 point shooter with high efficiency ratings too at Marquette. Jeffress would need to make major improvement to overtake him.

The 4 position is the position that is far more tricky and far more open imho.

SG - Nelly
SF - Burton
PF - Hinson
C - Hugley

Dior 30 Nelly 10
Nelly 20 Sibande 20
1. Hinson isnt cleared
2. Jeffress will start the year as the starting 4

Agreed. Elliot is a career 41% 3 point shooter with high efficiency ratings too at Marquette. Jeffress would need to make major improvement to overtake him.

The 4 position is the position that is far more tricky and far more open imho.
If we get anywhere near this player, it is not that open (for Jeffress anyway)

If we get anywhere near this player, it is not that open (for Jeffress anyway)

Assuming Hinson is healthy, I’m thinking a split of 20-25 for Hinson, 10-15 for Jeffress, and the rest for Jorge. There’s enough depth there that there isn’t a need to run Hinson into the ground, especially if the medical stuff results in some load management. And 20-25 for Hinson and ~15 for Will would line up with what Hinson played in conference play when he was most effective as a freshman, and what Will played in conference play over his career.

I’m not as down on Wil as most others on here are , but unless he makes that giant leap he’s not seeing much PT unless Hinson isn’t healthy . Tape looks awesome .

Reactions: Protes and bobfree
Assuming Hinson is healthy, I’m thinking a split of 20-25 for Hinson, 10-15 for Jeffress, and the rest for Jorge. There’s enough depth there that there isn’t a need to run Hinson into the ground, especially if the medical stuff results in some load management. And 20-25 for Hinson and ~15 for Will would line up with what Hinson played in conference play when he was most effective as a freshman, and what Will played in conference play over his career.
Not sure what Hinson's health issue was or still is; but, it had been reported in the past as some sort of Blood Disorder and not a physical injury. According to someone on this Board, he is not yet medically cleared to play. So, being realistic, I am not going to count on him being healthy enough to play starters minutes.

Not sure what Hinson's health issue was or still is; but, it had been reported in the past as some sort of Blood Disorder and not a physical injury. According to someone on this Board, he is not yet medically cleared to play. So, being realistic, I am not going to count on him being healthy enough to play starters minutes.
Not medically cleared or cleared to be admitted or cleared to play immediately?

Which cleared are we talking about? Who brought this up, Bbinsider?

It would be hard not to allow the transfer with immediate play?

This is his official website posting

He has yet to be cleared for play medically

Reactions: gary2
He has yet to be cleared for play medically
Has he failed clearance (or is there serious concern that he will fail clearance)? Or is him not being cleared more the nature of him not being in Pittsburgh yet and he won’t be given the rundown by Pitt doctors until he gets here?

The "unspecified blood disorder" was mentioned on a website related to one of his former college stops. Whatever this was initially produced shortness of breath problems according to the same article.

Hopefully Mr. Hinson is cured or can be cured of whatever this disorder was.

However, if Bballinsider's info on Hinson's lack of being medically cleared yet is accurate then we shouldn't assume (until we know more) that Hinson can contribute much in 2022-23. All Pitt fans should be hoping for the best outcome for this player's health.

The "unspecified blood disorder" was mentioned on a website related to one of his former college stops. Whatever this was initially produced shortness of breath problems according to the same article.

Hopefully Mr. Hinson is cured or can be cured of whatever this disorder was.

However, if Bballinsider's info on Hinson's lack of being medically cleared yet is accurate then we shouldn't assume (until we know more) that Hinson can contribute much in 2022-23. All Pitt fans should be hoping for the best outcome for this player's health.
Has he failed clearance (or is there serious concern that he will fail clearance)? Or is him not being cleared more the nature of him not being in Pittsburgh yet and he won’t be given the rundown by Pitt doctors until he gets here?
i should clarify that there’s no reason to believe he WONT be medically cleared. It may just be a formality. But he isn’t as of now. And we have seen Pitt doctors’ take precautions with athletes who were deemed medically cleared other places before. So until he is, I’m not putting him in the lineup over Jeffress at the 4.

i should clarify that there’s no reason to believe he WONT be medically cleared. It may just be a formality. But he isn’t as of now. And we have seen Pitt doctors’ take precautions with athletes who were deemed medically cleared other places before. So until he is, I’m not putting him in the lineup over Jeffress at the 4.

Hope the extra weight is good weight too. Given the time off- tough to imagine that it is.

Hope the extra weight is good weight too. Given the time off- tough to imagine that it is.
20 pounds for someone his size is nothing. A committed athelete can handle that weight gain easily.

The season does not tart tomorrow.

Does cummings ride the pine now that Dior is on board?
Or, do they share the 1-2 with McNeilly backing up on the wing?
Both will likely get at least 25 minutes alone with Nike and Jamarious. We are going to play 3 guards the majority of the time.

ADVERTISEMENT