ADVERTISEMENT

Nervous time of the year

Don't be such a neanderthal.

She was a sitting D1 AD responsible for a turn-around getting routinely the worst D1 football program to a bowl with her coaching hire. Also got that school's largest donation ever. She was also an assoc. AD at Ohio State for a decade. She deserves a chance to succeed here.

If Lyke is actively exploring the concept of "Right Sizing" Heinz Field then maybe Pitt finally got the right AD for the job.

AD Barnes. So much damage in so little time.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Or if as some are saying she’s pissing off the HC we can be back in the market come December.

It was a PC hire done on the cheap.

Maybe it works.
Wouldn’t bet that.

Reactions: UPitt '89
It appears that you are another person who doesn't understand how hiring in college athletics works. Mid-level P5(6) schools generally hire head coaches/ADs from lower level programs or assistants from higher level programs. The exceptions to that almost always have something else going on beyond the normal. And that's exactly what Pitt has done. They hired a MAC coach (the one who never coached a down), then a C-USA coach, then a power school assistant, then a lower level sitting AD, then a P6 coach who was on the verge of getting fired, then a sitting MAC AD.

That's the way that college athletics works. Purdue doesn't hire Alabama's football coach. Oregon State doesn't hire Kansas' basketball coach. Baylor doesn't hire Ohio State's AD. Things simply do not work that way in the real world.
I do understand that a Pitt ( or Purdue ) level school isn’t going to hire away OSU ( or any successful programs ) AD or HC . However why can’t Pitt hire the top assistant level guys at large successful universities ? There’s no reason other than not willing to pay up for these guys or gals .
Now your going to counter by saying schools like Pitt don’t have the resources , well they never will have them if they don’t win . There’s a time when you need to decide to either step up or just be content with just being an average program . Pitt has spoken with their hires .
How do they pay for these hires I’d like to see ? Simple by winning and putting behinds in all those empty seats . Pitt self destructs everytime it starts winning in Fb and what has transpired in bb is criminal . The revenue the bb program alone is losing would easily pay for upgrades in the coaching staff for both programs . I’m thinking that Pitt has lost in the neighborhood of 5 million dollars a yr in revenue just from bb ...that pays for a lot salaries .
I’ve accepted the fact that Pitt isn’t interested in competing at highest levels , but it’s because they’ve chosen that path . It’s not because it can’t be done .

Don't be such a neanderthal.

She was a sitting D1 AD responsible for a turn-around getting routinely the worst D1 football program to a bowl with her coaching hire. Also got that school's largest donation ever. She was also an assoc. AD at Ohio State for a decade. She deserves a chance to succeed here.

LMAO LMAO LMAO , giving her credit for anything at OSU shows your agenda.

Reactions: paulbl99
What credit was given other than citing her resume?

We get it, you’re not a fan of women .

Anything OSU, ask those that know, had ZERO to do with her. Like many we hire , men or women , they needed one more upper college success. Pitt shouldn't be training ground , as you see how that has been working out past 30 years. That's all. Had she shown some chops at a better program , being in charge , showing some more , than maybe she would have been a good hire then. She came cheap that was the most important. Her salary compared to others in the ACC is quite humorous. I am done with this subject , I thought stuff like this was a given.

You mailed it , the political correctness I'm this country has gone so far , it's now clouding views and truths.
One was the PC hire , Tress was the non PC never gonna touch.
And btw Scott Barnes’ resume blows The doors off Lyke at the time of each’s hiring here ....
Anything OSU, ask those that know, had ZERO to do with her. Like many we hire , men or women , they needed one more upper college success. Pitt shouldn't be training ground , as you see how that has been working out past 30 years. That's all. Had she shown some chops at a better program , being in charge , showing some more , than maybe she would have been a good hire then. She came cheap that was the most important. Her salary compared to others in the ACC is quite humorous. I am done with this subject , I thought stuff like this was a given.
spot on

And
A predicable Pitt hire by a gubimint guy running this thing downhill both academically and in the ATh Dept.

Reactions: TD_istheman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT