ADVERTISEMENT

New $20 Million USA Basketball Foundation Facility in Leetsdale

Exactly as I said - indulging his kid. Wonder if it will get thru.

He must need attention. Other than trolling it’s the only other explanation.

Even more amazing is that he did answer his own question a few posts ago.

If he is going to buy a National Championship for his son, I am all for putting him on scholarship. I am saying its just illogical that he will "need" to have his son on scholarship for a team he will never see the floor for because he is paying dudes millions of dollars.

If he is going to buy a National Championship for his son, I am all for putting him on scholarship. I am saying its just illogical that he will "need" to have his son on scholarship for a team he will never see the floor for because he is paying dudes millions of dollars.
Dude, he’s a multi billionaire. Logic has no place among the peanuts we’re talking about. Rich people do crazy things. Some are quite eccentric. If I were ever lucky enough to win a billion dollar lottery I wouldn’t piss money away (I don’t think) but some don’t care. It’s really not that hard in this scenario that he insists on his son being on scholarship. Shit some parents live vicariously thru their kids so this kind of thing could be as much about the parent. Even tho everyone knows it was bought he could brag about his scholarship son at the high society events and he’d never be challenged. At least not to his face.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Dude, he’s a multi billionaire. Logic has no place among the peanuts we’re talking about. Rich people do crazy things. Some are quite eccentric. If I were ever lucky enough to win a billion dollar lottery I wouldn’t piss money away (I don’t think) but some don’t care. It’s really not that hard in this scenario that he insists on his son being on scholarship. Shit some parents live vicariously thru their kids so this kind of thing could be as much about the parent. Even tho everyone knows it was bought he could brag about his scholarship son at the high society events and he’d never be challenged. At least not to his face.

I get that. But everyone seems to be saying that he wants his son on scholarship AND will buy a team.....ie so his son will never play. It just doesnt make sense. Why buy a team, which ensures your kid never gets off the bench?

I get that. But everyone seems to be saying that he wants his son on scholarship AND will buy a team.....ie so his son will never play. It just doesnt make sense. Why buy a team, which ensures your kid never gets off the bench?
If it were me I’d prefer to play too. Even if it meant I was a d3/naia/whatever guy. But here’s the difference. I realize not everyone thinks like me or has the same priorities. You frequently (seems always) think that what you’d do or what you’d want is best for everyone.

And lots of times the kids of rich people need to heed the parents’ wishes to continue to have access. I have no idea about their family but that kind of stuff goes on too. Like I said sometimes it’s about the parents more than the kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
No, no guys, I think we have to admit that no rich parent has ever indulged their child in something relatively frivolous at the expense of some extremely small portion of their riches.

Never happened, not once in the whole history of the world.

Reactions: cabe23
No, no guys, I think we have to admit that no rich parent has ever indulged their child in something relatively frivolous at the expense of some extremely small portion of their riches.

Never happened, not once in the whole history of the world.

And I am saying it doesn't make sense to buy your kid a national championship if that means he'll never play. The logic makes no sense

And I am saying it doesn't make sense to buy your kid a national championship if that means he'll never play. The logic makes no sense

So if someone offered you the chance to be a bit player on a national championship basketball team, something you could brag about for the rest of your life, you'd say, nah, I'm fine, I'd rather be a nobody at Westminster?

So if someone offered you the chance to be a bit player on a national championship basketball team, something you could brag about for the rest of your life, you'd say, nah, I'm fine, I'd rather be a nobody at Westminster?

I'd play for Pitt because I'm a Pitt fan. However, if I wasnt a Pitt fan and you could guarantee me a NC even though I'd never get off the bench, I'd take the NC. But if you couldn't guarantee me a NC, I'd choose starting at Westminster rather than riding the pine for Ohio State or Indiana or whoever. I want to play. Playing is better than not playing.

I'd play for Pitt because I'm a Pitt fan. However, if I wasnt a Pitt fan and you could guarantee me a NC even though I'd never get off the bench, I'd take the NC. But if you couldn't guarantee me a NC, I'd choose starting at Westminster rather than riding the pine for Ohio State or Indiana or whoever. I want to play. Playing is better than not playing.

But this is just another one of those (many) examples where you simply cannot fathom anyone not making the same decision as you. Even though there are literally hundreds of people playing D1 basketball every year that did, in fact, make a different decision than what you say you would have.

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT