ADVERTISEMENT

New alternate uniform on the way

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
First, a tweet from TheLoyalSons Twitter account referencing a quote from Coach Narduzzi in an interview:

And then Twitter user Sta7ic (might be on here) allegedly confirms that a new alternate uniform will be debuted at some point in 2023:

Let the speculation begin! Any particular combinations you’d like to see? From the quotes above, it doesn’t appear to be a throwback. Sounds like a black/grey/yellow uniform judging by the new color option comments? Perhaps it’s not even a jersey, but rather a blue helmet?

I was going to say, I will guess that white pants will be added to the mix. Totally not necessary, the yellow pants are great.
I didn't wait two decades to get the best uniforms in college football (numbers aside) back to constantly mess with different combinations.

White uniforms (and I assume that means we would also get white helmets to go with them, but the same logic applies even if we just wear the yellow) are one of those things that looks sharp if you're literally down on the field and right next to them, but they are bland and boring to pretty much everyone else in the stadium.

I personally like switching it up and playing around with combinations. White pants, blue matte helmets, maybe even gold jerseys... I'm all for it. I'm just not going to go bonkers for all white uniforms - something teams have been doing for like more than half a century now - as if they're some amazing concept.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The only team that needs new uniforms is the basketball team, especially the white home ones.
Who needs white when you can have gold:
usa_today_12333710.0.jpg

Who needs white when you can have gold:
usa_today_12333710.0.jpg
Those are Nike high school uniform templates that Nike put Pitt logos on during the color transition. They aren’t actually college-quality uniforms.

The current yellow uniforms need to be changed (I prefer one that has the “Panthers” script), but there’s a reason why these aren’t ever coming back.

Those are Nike high school uniform templates that Nike put Pitt logos on during the color transition. They aren’t actually college-quality uniforms.

The current yellow uniforms need to be changed (I prefer one that has the “Panthers” script), but there’s a reason why these aren’t ever coming back.
Oh yeah, I get it. I know we’re supposed to have our unique Nike fonts and designs, I’m just a sucker for traditional uniforms. There was something I really liked about the shoulder stripes and Celtics-esque shorts.

Oh yeah, I get it. I know we’re supposed to have our unique Nike fonts and designs, I’m just a sucker for traditional uniforms. There was something I really liked about the shoulder stripes and Celtics-esque shorts.
No, for sure, they were a great template and a real breath of fresh air pre-color switch. I think they’re a more aesthetically-pleasing template than our white/blue/yellow ones now. I’d prefer if they just took the template of the black uniforms, and just made blue, white and yellow ones based on that, with the Pitt script instead of the P that they have on the blacks. But they’re not asking me lol

I don’t know why Nike decided to not include that shoulder stripe template in their college selection, with the college-quality fabrics and technology. But I know North Hills and a few other schools have been wearing them for a few years now.

They were probably the nicest basketball uniforms we've ever worn. But Nike has the deck them out in the same way a three-year-old with fingerprints leaves his or her mark on a wall.

There's a reason why so many of the more simple NFL designs have been around for decades now. Sure, the Steelers could go Seattle Seahawks mode and make their players look like PennDot workers from the year 3090, before inevitably returning to what is simple and effective anyway. But, why?

Can’t be worse that the alternative Pirates uniforms this season. Well, I take it back, I’m sure it could be worse, as bad as those are.

White uniforms (and I assume that means we would also get white helmets to go with them, but the same logic applies even if we just wear the yellow) are one of those things that looks sharp if you're literally down on the field and right next to them, but they are bland and boring to pretty much everyone else in the stadium.

I personally like switching it up and playing around with combinations. White pants, blue matte helmets, maybe even gold jerseys... I'm all for it. I'm just not going to go bonkers for all white uniforms - something teams have been doing for like more than half a century now - as if they're some amazing concept.
Personally, I’m not a fan of white pants or helmets because we’d look a little too much like a certain school to the east. However, if we’re going to do another uniform variation, I think we should get really crazy and get yellow jerseys. Monochrome gold would be such an atrocity that it might just work, at least a little than when they last did it in 2005.

One of my FAVORITE unis was the one's we wore at ND in 2018!! I know we had white shirts but can't remember if pants were white. They might have been yellow 🟡!

Reactions: FireballZ
I wasn't a fan of the Pirates City Connect uniforms, then after looking at the others I realized the Pirates actually have one of the best.
The thing I like about them is the potential to finally establish PGH in the national consciousness as the abbreviation for Pittsburgh. (Pitt is the University, but Pgh. is the city.)

Ok, if they throw away the blue pants, they can wear the white ones once a year but it has to have the blue and gold stripe .

Ok, if they throw away the blue pants, they can wear the white ones once a year but it has to have the blue and gold stripe .
When Pitt wore the navy and gold uniforms, everyone wanted to burn the white pants and never wear them again. Nothing has changed about white football pants, it's still a bad look.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT