ADVERTISEMENT

New AVCA Poll - Pitt #1 With 60 1st Place Votes

Number 2 team in the country has lost 7 sets this year. That’s a pretty significant difference between them and us. Although I’ll concede that their sweep of Louisville this weekend probably means that they are rounding into good form.

Reactions: Chaos
It would be nice to see Marquette go on a bit of a run and get into the top 25 (currently in the others receiving votes at 29th)

Number 2 team in the country has lost 7 sets this year. That’s a pretty significant difference between them and us. Although I’ll concede that their sweep of Louisville this weekend probably means that they are rounding into good form.
Penn State also swept Louisville and look what we did to PSU.

Reactions: Chaos and Fk_Pitt
Penn State also swept Louisville and look what we did to PSU.
Said it in another thread. Louisville is running a 6-2 and I think it's because they just don't really have a good setter right now and their passing has been terrible in big games. They're really struggling to attack on offense because of it and you don't beat good teams without a strong balanced attack.

You may be right about that....especially when considering that 5 of the 7 sets they lost occurred in the first 4 games of the season. But here's the thing. In Pitt's streak of 27 sets won....they are on average winning each set by about 9 points which translates to a 25 - 16 win every set. Nebraska's 37 sets by comparison results in an average win per set of about 6 points or a 25 - 19 win......and of course they have 1 loss. We're 1/3 through the season....so we'll see if this trend continues for the top 2 teams in the country. It will be fun to follow! As of now I give Pitt the juggernaut crown!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT