ADVERTISEMENT

New Head Softball Coach hired...

Not sure about this one. MAC coach. Has she been passed up for other jobs or not interested? It doesn't follow the typical top assistant pattern.

Do you think there was some hesitation from possible candidates to coach under Heather, with her softball background.

Not sure about this one. MAC coach. Has she been passed up for other jobs or not interested? It doesn't follow the typical top assistant pattern.

Do you think there was some hesitation from possible candidates to coach under Heather, with her softball background.
I don't believe there is any hesitation to coach under Heather. This is more of a geography thing IMO. You just aren't going to be able to pull a coach from the South or West. We ended up getting a very good coach from a lower conference in the same geographical area. Upgrade for her and hopefully for us.

I don't believe there is any hesitation to coach under Heather. This is more of a geography thing IMO. You just aren't going to be able to pull a coach from the South or West. We ended up getting a very good coach from a lower conference in the same geographical area. Upgrade for her and hopefully for us.

I see that she had success the last 2 years, out of her 10. And she is from the west. I'm hoping that she hires a couple assistants with ties to Pittsburgh or ACC territory.

Her team this past season was good enough that they clobbered us.

In the end that might have been the difference between us getting in the NCAA tournament and us sitting at home.

with Heather's background, wouldn't this be the hire that would cause the LEAST bit of concern?

Havent we seen......particularly with Capel and Bell, that she means business?

The coach may not have the brand recognition of the top asst at Duke basketball or FSU baseball

But if Heather picked her, she must be a helluva coach.

Reactions: pitt90seven
And....this coach will have resources to recruit and build that were nowhere near equal at Ohio U

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT