ADVERTISEMENT

New offer

Another offer.

@Vader_Storm Any thoughts on these two?

Oweh has ties to Penn State with family members previously attending there. Good player, good driver and finisher, cant shoot well from the outside Plays defense, creates steals, great athletic ability, decent size at 6'4ish, and well coached being a Blair kid. We are 0-2 with Blair kids, one going to Kansas, the other, Duke. Offer sheet expanding, stock rising, I like him as a basketball player, but not sure how I see the fit with Mintz. Need more outside firepower and he doesn't provide it, yet. Should find himself in the National Top 100-150 maybe higher but limited until he fixes his shooting at the next level. Overall really solid basketball player in a lot of areas. He isn't better than Dunn.

Reed is underrated. Had a big time eybl tournament performance at 12 / 8 / 1.5 / 1.5 / 1 on an undefeated team in the last session of the eybl and first session of the peach jam. Shot 48% from the floor. Grew, looks to be 6'9 or 6'10. Has a little hook shot, has shown the ability to knock down shots from the midrange and from 3, although limited. Great potential, good frame, athletic. Attends Oak Hill and will team up with Judah Mintz. Not sure which way he is leaning and probably isnt yet, but recent offers from Florida and Houston. Easily Top 150 kid, should be inside the Top 100 or right near it. Stats back it up on one of the best teams in the country. Legit and really improved in the last 6 months as he wasn't anywhere near as good at Oak Hill last season. Would take him immediately.

Top 2 targets should be Dunn and Barlow at the very top of the board for 2022 in terms of targets we can actually get. Although I like Reed too.

Last edited:
Oweh has ties to Penn State with family members previously attending there. Good player, good driver and finisher, cant shoot well from the outside Plays defense, creates steals, great athletic ability, decent size at 6'4ish, and well coached being a Blair kid. We are 0-2 with Blair kids, one going to Kansas, the other, Duke. Offer sheet expanding, stock rising, I like him as a basketball player, but not sure how I see the fit with Mintz. Need more outside firepower and he doesn't provide it, yet. Should find himself in the National Top 100-150 maybe higher but limited until he fixes his shooting at the next level. Overall really solid basketball player in a lot of areas. He isn't better than Dunn.

Reed is underrated. Had a big time eybl tournament performance at 12 / 8 / 1.5 / 1.5 / 1 on an undefeated team in the last session of the eybl and first session of the peach jam. Shot 48% from the floor. Grew, looks to be 6'9 or 6'10. Has a little hook shot, has shown the ability to knock down shots from the midrange and from 3, although limited. Great potential, good frame, athletic. Attends Oak Hill and will team up with Judah Mintz. Not sure which way he is leaning and probably isnt yet, but recent offers from Florida and Houston. Easily Top 150 kid, should be inside the Top 100 or right near it. Stats back it up on one of the best teams in the country. Legit and really improved in the last 6 months as he wasn't anywhere near as good at Oak Hill last season. Would take him immediately.

Top 2 targets should be Dunn and Barlow at the very top of the board for 2022 in terms of targets we can actually get. Although I like Reed too.
I love Jalen Reed’s game, have for a long time: he will not be at OakHill this year though.

Reactions: cabe23
Otega Oweh will officially visit Pitt September 3rd and will be making a decision in September or maybe October as his recruitment is winding down.

We are on the very short list for him. He is going to be close to a "legit" 4 star Top 100 recruit at summers end.
Can you be from NJ and still have NY toughness?

First update of ranked players

Barlow, Oweh, Sanders, Allen Lubin, Sunday, Crawley updated to 4 stars on espn. Only surprises here were Sunday who is borderline and Crawley who should be a 3 star. The other 4 here are easily 4 star players. The updated Top 100 should come out within a few weeks.

Dunn, Reed, Ayo, Billups, Essandoko not in the espn database yet. The former 2 are easily 4 star players. Ayo and Billups should be between a 3 / 4 star or back end of Top 125-150.

Dunn and Barlow are pushing 20 power 6 offers in the last 6 weeks or so. Both should fly up in the rankings.

Oweh has 2 more OV's to potentially setup outside Penn State, Miami, and Pitt. He's picked up offers from Illinois, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, and Providence recently. Oweh is going to get bumped up in the rankings too along with Barlow and Dunn.

First update of ranked players

Barlow, Oweh, Sanders, Allen Lubin, Sunday, Crawley updated to 4 stars on espn. Only surprises here were Sunday who is borderline and Crawley who should be a 3 star. The other 4 here are easily 4 star players. The updated Top 100 should come out within a few weeks.

Dunn, Reed, Ayo, Billups, Essandoko not in the espn database yet. The former 2 are easily 4 star players. Ayo and Billups should be between a 3 / 4 star or back end of Top 125-150.

Dunn and Barlow are pushing 20 power 6 offers in the last 6 weeks or so. Both should fly up in the rankings.

Oweh has 2 more OV's to potentially setup outside Penn State, Miami, and Pitt. He's picked up offers from Illinois, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, and Providence recently. Oweh is going to get bumped up in the rankings too along with Barlow and Dunn.
Which ones will end up at Pitt?

We have 1 recruit so far and a good one but good portion of the Top 150 are already committed. 80% will sign in early November so we only 3 months left to land a difference-making class. Then again, most will transfer anyway so not even sure recruiting classes matter that much anymore. The best teams will have to do well in the transfer market.

We have 1 recruit so far and a good one but good portion of the Top 150 are already committed. 80% will sign in early November so we only 3 months left to land a difference-making class. Then again, most will transfer anyway so not even sure recruiting classes matter that much anymore. The best teams will have to do well in the transfer market.
🥱 not the case at all. 50 percent won’t sign til April and November signing period means nothing. It’s why coaches are trying to do away with it for 22-23

Do you think Pitt stops recruiting Judah Mintz when he signs and we may suffer through a 17 loss ACC season? They better not.

Which ones will end up at Pitt?

We are on the short list for most of them but I don't think an actual leader for any of them although most of them don't have an actual leader yet. Oweh's recruitment is winding down. The decision should come in the next month or so. He is a priority recruit with the OV setup for Sept. 3rd at Pitt. Barlow already took an OV to Pitt. Dunn is in the process of setting up officials. Those are the best 3 imho of this bunch.

We are on the short list for most of them but I don't think an actual leader for any of them although most of them don't have an actual leader yet. Oweh's recruitment is winding down. The decision should come in the next month or so. He is a priority recruit with the OV setup for Sept. 3rd at Pitt. Barlow already took an OV to Pitt. Dunn is in the process of setting up officials. Those are the best 3 imho of this bunch.
BB is so hard to predict recruits … so many teams.

🥱 not the case at all. 50 percent won’t sign til April and November signing period means nothing. It’s why coaches are trying to do away with it for 22-23

Do you think Pitt stops recruiting Judah Mintz when he signs and we may suffer through a 17 loss ACC season? They better not.
What percent of November signees end up enrolling if there's no coaching change? 10%? 20%?

This is the most negative post you've ever written! :)

This isn’t how it’s gonna work anymore. The players have been given 100 percent of the power. Not sure why you don’t get it.
So tell me what percentage of November signees will end up enrolling if there's no coaching change. You know darn well its going to be like 80%-90%

Is Bridgton Academy "Pitt Friendly"?

So tell me what percentage of November signees will end up enrolling if there's no coaching change. You know darn well its going to be like 80%-90%
I see BballinsiderfromPitt from Pitt isn't going on the record. I say 80%-90% of November signees will enroll if there's no HC change. He thinks its much less than that. OK, how much less? Give me a percentage.

I see BballinsiderfromPitt from Pitt isn't going on the record. I say 80%-90% of November signees will enroll if there's no HC change. He thinks its much less than that. OK, how much less? Give me a percentage.
I’ve made it clear the November signing period is irrelevant. The coaches have made it clear the November signing period is irrelevant as there is a strong push to get rid of it. Kids are in full control until on campus. I’m not getting into a silly debate with you again when you’re dead wrong. Remember May Madness that you went on about for months?

I’ve made it clear the November signing period is irrelevant.
I don't think it is completely irrelevant. A signed LOI doesn't limit the player's options as much as it once did, however it does constrain a college coach's behavior to an extent. Tampering is still a serious issue. That signed LOI does, theoretically, put an end to most unwanted contact. And, for that matter, getting a release from a signed LOI has only occasionally been an issue, and denying the release has usually been a horrible PR debacle for the school.

I’ve made it clear the November signing period is irrelevant. The coaches have made it clear the November signing period is irrelevant as there is a strong push to get rid of it. Kids are in full control until on campus. I’m not getting into a silly debate with you again when you’re dead wrong. Remember May Madness that you went on about for months?
Then please tell me how many November signees enroll? If its so irrelevant, then that would mean a very low number actually enroll not 80%-90% like I claim.

Make me a bet. Taking coaching changes out of it or some other drastic effect like a school receiving an NCAAT ban, or a kid turning pro, I say 80% of the Top 100s enroll where they sign in November.

Then please tell me how many November signees enroll? If its so irrelevant, then that would mean a very low number actually enroll not 80%-90% like I claim.

Make me a bet. Taking coaching changes out of it or some other drastic effect like a school receiving an NCAAT ban, or a kid turning pro, I say 80% of the Top 100s enroll where they sign in November.
Lol so you want to take the most common ways people get out of November LOI’s previously out of the equation then bet on the lowest end of your prediction. I’ll make a counter bet, I bet Pitt makes no 2 point baskets this year, excluding jump shots layups dunks floaters and runners. Bet?
I don't think it is completely irrelevant. A signed LOI doesn't limit the player's options as much as it once did, however it does constrain a college coach's behavior to an extent. Tampering is still a serious issue. That signed LOI does, theoretically, put an end to most unwanted contact. And, for that matter, getting a release from a signed LOI has only occasionally been an issue, and denying the release has usually been a horrible PR debacle for the school.
Tampering will never go away and is going to be even worse this year with the new player movement rules. November LOI’s only lock the player in if they decide they wanna go there after the season. They should be printed on toilet paper

Is Bridgton Academy "Pitt Friendly"?

Its a Nepsac league school, and we have done well with Nepsac schools in the past. Odukale and Santos were both Nepsac players. As were other former players like Gilbert Brown.

Billups picked up his first CB to VCU today. No surprise there as I said earlier, VCU and NC State were the leaders as they recruited him harder than anyone this summer and were the 2 schools at his games the most.

Dunn's list cut comes tomorrow.

Skillings picked up a Pitt offer. He plays for Roman Catholic in the PCL league, same as Brad Wanamaker before him. Had a good summer, a lot of offers, will move into the National Top 150 in the next ranking update. Has a visit scheduled to NC State so far.

ADVERTISEMENT