ADVERTISEMENT

New Pat Signal (7/31) - edit/update - Matt Goncalves

This should be a fun one...Have no idea? Surprise commitment? The big 4 star tackle from up north?

That OT is committing till his birthday in September if I’m not mistaken,I’m guessing it’s tomlin

I'll guess a yet to be rated off the radar guy.
I just hope the coaches didn't need Sonar to detect the guy thats to far off the radar??
Type+094+Jin+Class+Nuclear-Powered+Ballistic+Missile+Submarines+%28SSBN%29launched+test+fired+fully+operational+next+year+with+their+JL-2+submarine-launched+ballistic+missiles+%28SLBMs%29096097095092a+%282%29.jpg

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: Las Panteras
He has P5 OL size and he looks very athletic and agile in his HUDL video. No doubt the staff saw his film and really liked what they saw. (Maybe he even camped at Pitt--does anyone know if coaches saw him live?)

Unlike with hoops recruits, there are so many more kids playing HS FB that not all can be seen and rated. Eespecially from a State (e.g, NY) not known for turning out many P5 football recruits a lineman could easily be overlooked. This kid simply hasn't been even seen by the star assigners so he wasn't rated zero stars because he is no good; he just wasn't even seen to be rated.

He will probably default to a 2-star simply because he is now a Pitt commit. Then, he will either stay at a 2 star or go up to a 3 based on a Rivals rater's review of his film once that has actually happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilspainishflea
He looks very athletic for a guy his size in his HUDL video. Unlike with hoops recruits,there are so many more kids playing HS FB that not all can be seen and rated--especially when not from a State (i.e., NY) not known for turning out many P5 football recruits.

This is correct

He looks very athletic for a guy his size in his HUDL video. Unlike with hoops recruits,there are so many more kids playing HS FB that not all can be seen and rated--especially when not from a State (i.e., NY) not known for turning out many P5 football recruits.

His level of competition looks poor, though. Hard to assess anything given what he's playing against.

I assume he must have camped here?

Reactions: Jpripper88
His level of competition looks poor, though. Hard to assess anything given what he's playing against.

I assume he must have camped here?

Yeah, those players are whiter than a country club. And size wise they look like the junior varsity at the country club.

Or maybe they're not down to "Plan B" or C or whatever you get to when you look at the thirty plus offers you have out there for lineman and just about all of them are committed or are leaning far away from you. Hopefully I'm dead wrong but everything is pointing the other way.

No one takes a player whom they consider a real gamble especially before the end of the season. Real gambles are left until closer to LOI day in December and February. You are too paranoid.

Reactions: JoseLind13
Pretty sad really. Recuiting seems to be declining with each year the Duzz is here. Narduzzi is a coach that comes from the defensive side of the ball, but, you still need an O-line to win. In the past, the Duzz has gotten some O-lineman with good offers. He can't seem to get over the Hump. I really liked him when we signed him, but I fear for Pitt in a few years. There is talent on this team right now. We must have a good season this year or next, or we can get used to more recruits that have zero P5 offers. The kid may turn out fine, but, we all know the odds of that happening are not great.

Borbely was demoted to an off field role at Maryland because he wasnt cutting it. Sorry for not trusting him blindly. We went cheap on hiring an O line coach. I hope I'm wrong, but I think this will be Narduzzis downfall. Watson and Borbely will get him fired in 2-3 years.

Reactions: AJSH2P
ADVERTISEMENT