ADVERTISEMENT

New Pitt.edu website, color scheme, university logo

CrazyPaco

Athletic Director
Jul 5, 2001
www.pitt.edu

2019%20Univ%20Pitt%20logo_zpslccu3hw8.jpeg

I like it. They did a good job and I look forward to seeing it applied across the broader university - which I’m sure will take some time logistically.

I’ve always been a fan of the formal seal and the Times-ish font, but I recognize that the seal could get a little busy applied to online uses on small screens. I think this does a good job of both upgrading to the new color scheme and preserving the noteworthy, unique parts of the seal while also being a little more modern and applicable to the places where it’s going to be used in 2019 and beyond.

I really like the picture of two goats with the cathedral in the background. they should have had them unleashed though. goats without leashes exemplifies freedom

pitt-newsevents-2goats.jpg

Reactions: pittdan77
I really like the picture of two goats with the cathedral in the background. they should have had them unleashed though. goats without leashes exemplifies freedom

pitt-newsevents-2goats.jpg
Those goats should (I agree with the unleashed idea) be dressed in Notre Dame and PSU colors - with a live Panther flying through the air ready to pounce on them.

Now that would be an image.

I think that this is old and looks really simple. it is a High education institute, it should have something really beautiful with a lot of features, it should look color full and awesome. I suggest them to change the theme to something form https://stylemixthemes.com/masterstudy/. I think that these themes are the best ones for a school like this one. It is specially made for them, they should use it. I have talked with a lot of people and a lot of them said that they should use it. I want to make it in a way so the people from the university will see my post.

Last edited:
Those goats should (I agree with the unleashed idea) be dressed in Notre Dame and PSU colors - with a live Panther flying through the air ready to pounce on them.

Now that would be an image.
You would need to replace the goat with two horse’s asses (WV and PSU) on each, and then the image would be good to go.

Reactions: pierre93
I like it. They did a good job and I look forward to seeing it applied across the broader university - which I’m sure will take some time logistically.

I’ve always been a fan of the formal seal and the Times-ish font, but I recognize that the seal could get a little busy applied to online uses on small screens. I think this does a good job of both upgrading to the new color scheme and preserving the noteworthy, unique parts of the seal while also being a little more modern and applicable to the places where it’s going to be used in 2019 and beyond.
I can remember back in the 80s I believe they used a very stripped down shield design and my Dad who was a professor then hated the thing saying it looked like a gas mask ... lol. Adding the turrets back in was a good move

I like the new crest. Pitt has a unique look with the Billy Pitt checkers and the fortress. Much better than a garden variety book/quill/laurels/Latin cookie cutter..... This debate reminds me of when Carnegie Mellon dropped the hyphen between the names and the thistle crest was replaced by a stupid square angled on one corner. Caused quite a stir among us Tartans.

I like the new crest. Pitt has a unique look with the Billy Pitt checkers and the fortress. Much better than a garden variety book/quill/laurels/Latin cookie cutter..... This debate reminds me of when Carnegie Mellon dropped the hyphen between the names and the thistle crest was replaced by a stupid square angled on one corner. Caused quite a stir among us Tartans.

I wish it caused more of a stir among us Panthers, but I've accepted I'm in the minority. I hate the rebrand.

This is odd...I first posted this in August of 2019. This change is over a year old.

This is odd...I first posted this in August of 2019. This change is over a year old.
I think your old post got caught up in a spambot. The poster who brought it back from the dead only has one total post, and reads spammy.

I new poster pulled it up and asked a question about the creators of the website.

• harpreetslater
  • Yesterday at 7:48 PM
  • New Pitt.edu website, color scheme, university logo

Remove

Where I can find more information about the team that modified the website?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT