ADVERTISEMENT

New Recruit - TE

Not great offers but he's 6-5 250 so he has tools to work with. Pitt should've taken a reach each of the past three years to keep that room properly stocked. Beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully, this kid pans out and is a nice addition.

Lmao.. Taking a a recruit from Buffalo. Hahaha.

I would cry if it wasn’t so funny.
I'm getting crucified by some on the pay board for not being excited. The guy decommitted from freaking Univ of Buffalo, only had MAC and FCS schools smh. yeah just what we need in year 7 upcoming of Pat Narduzzi.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
I'm getting crucified by some on the pay board for not being excited. The guy decommitted from freaking Univ of Buffalo, only had MAC and FCS schools smh. yeah just what we need in year 7 upcoming of Pat Narduzzi.

People just don’t want to see it for what it is. More of the same. Just like the entire class. A bunch of people said we can’t get rid of Narduzzi because of the next class. And we probably can’t get rid of him but that’s not the reason. Average stars are the same so it’s wash, rinse repeat.

And the OL who is now crystal balled to Pitt - he’s in the same ballpark.

Reactions: PittPoker
The thing about Buffalo is that they have a great coach and they have offensive talent They have a running back that will go high in the draft. He is better than any running back we currently have. My guess is this tight end will be a good contributor to our program.

Reactions: FireballZ
I have no idea how he will turn out, but you act as though he was a no star recruit. He is rated as a 5.5 - 3 star. He has good size and is a good athlete. Time will tell the story.

Have you seen the kid play? You do realize that many times kids commit to smaller schools and their recruiting blows up their senior year, but hey you know better than the coaches.
No I don’t. Can you please list all these players who went on to Start at a P5 school

Travis Kelce was from cincy, Kittle went to Iowa
Henry went to Arkansas. Most of the All star Tight ends are about the toughest to predict

Travis Kelce was from cincy, Kittle went to Iowa
Henry went to Arkansas. Most of the All star Tight ends are about the toughest to predict

Fair point. I would guess because of size/kids still growing and athleticism required it’s a tough position to project. But the history under Narduzzi at this position has been absolutely nothing short of abysmal. By dumb luck alone that’s due to change.

No one thought much of Sirvocea Dennis and he is going to be an all ACC player when he's done. The 2021 class is pretty good by the so called experts so if Pitt thinks this kid has college potential why not give him a chance. The high school coach didn't help the kid out by moving him around so much. Pitt is talking to a TE 6'6" 220lbs Jr in Butler who I know is a very good athlete but is raw came out for varsity in tenth grade.

He played QB freshman and sophomore years. He played TE junior year and put up some really good numbers. They switched him back to QB senior year because their QB sucked.

You never know with recruits, but the comparison to Dennis is not comparable. Dennis was an undiscovered gem that as soon as Pitt saw the tape, they offered him. Pitt has been on this new TE commit for a long time, talking to him and very familiar with him, and just finally offered now. That would seem to indicate he was viewed as a backup plan and they didn't love his film they way they loved Dennis', or they would have offered a long time ago. All the same, good for the kid and hopefully he can help!

Reactions: BFo8
He is able to enroll in January because a spot opened up, so it will not count against this recruiting class.

I am not going to hype him up, but jeez people. We have nothing at TE. Its not like MAC level talent TE can't play at all. I can honestly say I do not know his story, but willing to see what he can do. At his size, he is worth a shot. Honestly don't think he can be worse than what we have.
Buffalo needed the ship, they pulled his.

I am not going to hype him up, but jeez people. We have nothing at TE. Its not like MAC level talent TE can't play at all. I can honestly say I do not know his story, but willing to see what he can do. At his size, he is worth a shot. Honestly don't think he can be worse than what we have.

He seemed like a reach though for a MAC school so I wouldn't say that on paper, he is "MAC talent."

good post. you guys who are already dismissing this one because of offers are insanely premature. Especially with someone at a position of TE.. Guy could be great, good, or average, or nothing and we have no clue. 17 year old cant be good in 2023 and 2024 because of his offer list in 2020?? that's idiotic..

TE development and production is soo much reliant on coaching and offensive systems.. We know that he wont see a day under Whipple and probably not even salem so who knows. Quit this dismissive nonsense. You dont want to be excited over a three star then fine, that's your choice but saying someone wont do anything because they got offered by buffalo is just stupid.

you guys are the same people that were saying Reeves was going to be the next Eric Greene.. How did that turn out..

good post. you guys who are already dismissing this one because of offers are insanely premature. Especially with someone at a position of TE.. Guy could be great, good, or average, or nothing and we have no clue. 17 year old cant be good in 2023 and 2024 because of his offer list in 2020?? that's idiotic..

TE development and production is soo much reliant on coaching and offensive systems.. We know that he wont see a day under Whipple and probably not even salem so who knows. Quit this dismissive nonsense. You dont want to be excited over a three star then fine, that's your choice but saying someone wont do anything because they got offered by buffalo is just stupid.

you guys are the same people that were saying Reeves was going to be the next Eric Greene.. How did that turn out..
When you see the sun come up everyday for 2.1 million years. It’s a good bet to say the Sun will come up tomorrow, now there’s always a chance the Sun will explode and NOT come up, but I would not take that bet

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT