ADVERTISEMENT

New soccer uniforms

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Disappponted. Was hoping for something that would mirror some of the famous pro uniforms such as horizontal or vertical stripes or a checkerboard like Croatia, just something other than plain.

Reactions: persp and Pitt79
I like simple designs, so I was happy. Each their own though.
You can tell by soccer uniforms how Americans like really boring sports uniforms. Almost none of the American soccer teams have really cool unis with horizontal or vertical stripes, usually boring solid colors, MLS teams have brutally ugly all white uniforms this year too, horrible. A cool soccer uni for Pitt would have been vertical blue and yellow stripes.

Disappponted. Was hoping for something that would mirror some of the famous pro uniforms such as horizontal or vertical stripes or a checkerboard like Croatia, just something other than plain.
When I served on my youth soccer board, I moved the organization to vertical stripes. 17 years later the kids still wear them. Guess I did something right. Lol.

I’m an assistant varsity coach currently and we ordered new uniforms this off season. Adidas has a site where you build and customize uniforms. There is literally 100,000,000 different combos you can do. I put together some cool kits but my head coach is the final decision. He’s much older than I am and my guess is he went with his own design and I’m sure the players aren’t going to like them. Lol. He’s in his 60’s. He may be a bit out of touch with what the young players these days like.

Btw...I’ve always hated the checkered style uniforms.

I like that Pitt went with a crest though for soccer.

If you are going to go with a silly style, instead of checkerboards go with the goofy Charlie Brown zig-zag stripe that Slovenia wears, or at least used to wear.

Could always be worse
6a00e5521030508834016768a98ca3970b.jpg

ovvurf4ibgcqobc1x4pc.jpg

This is supposed to be a new MLS Nashville jersey, something like this would be what Pitt's jersey should look like. I'd definitely buy one of these...

You have to also consider what Nike is offering in jersey styles.
Why do Americans like boring things though? European, Mexican, South American jerseys are loud and pop, US jerseys are often a white shirt and a number with a bland logo on the chest.

This is supposed to be a new MLS Nashville jersey, something like this would be what Pitt's jersey should look like. I'd definitely buy one of these...

Damn. That’s a UA Jersey? Looks like adidas. I guess there are more than three stripes on the sleeves.

MLS no longer adidas?

Damn. That’s a UA Jersey? Looks like adidas. I guess there are more than three stripes on the sleeves.

MLS no longer adidas?
I don't know if this is an official thing or just some fan did it, I was just googling for a blue and yellow striped jersey that would be a fit for Pitt and found this.

Even the top clubs in the world who are outfitted by Nike, wear essentially the same uniform.

If Vidovich wanted vertical or horizontal stripes, Nike wouldn't have said no. There are many D1 teams who wear Nike who have "traditional" soccer uniforms such as the striping.

Have you seen these MLS unis this year, Penn State level fugly! Horrible! Like DC United away unis, just basically white t shirts with the logo on the front and a number on the back, perfect for a Hanes underwear ad. Yesterday I saw Sporting KC on TV, same except just black, with a logo and number.

ADVERTISEMENT