ADVERTISEMENT

New Walk-On? KJ Marshall

yeah for sure if nothing else - practice player and some insurance against injuries to the guards in the future.

Ok, he's a decent walk on. If I'm correct, we now have four walk on guards.
They are Marshall, Aiken, Ezeakudo, and Starzynski. Three of them can
probably play the point. They're all there for practice purposes IMO,
I doubt any of them see the floor.
I've never seen Aiken play. I did see Ezeakudo a few times last year and
was impressed with him as a walk on. He actually could get a minute
or two of floor time IMO. Starzynski is a typical walk on, garbage time
only.
Marshall?..... seriously, is he even marginally any better than the others?
This isn't being negative, I'm glad we have him, but he's not going to make
a real impact other than practice and maybe in the locker room.

Ok, he's a decent walk on. If I'm correct, we now have four walk on guards.
They are Marshall, Aiken, Ezeakudo, and Starzynski. Three of them can
probably play the point. They're all there for practice purposes IMO,
I doubt any of them see the floor.
I've never seen Aiken play. I did see Ezeakudo a few times last year and
was impressed with him as a walk on. He actually could get a minute
or two of floor time IMO. Starzynski is a typical walk on, garbage time
only.
Marshall?..... seriously, is he even marginally any better than the others?
This isn't being negative, I'm glad we have him, but he's not going to make
a real impact other than practice and maybe in the locker room.

Well, Aiken before he got injured in HS was a Rivals 3-star. Redshirted last year to continue rehabbing. Can he become fully recovered or was injury too severe? How much can he offer if he is fully healthy?

Aiken, like the other walk on point size guards, isn't very tall although his 6-1 beats the other two who are 5-11. The mystery remains as to what the ultimate outcome of his injury will be.

Last edited:
Well, Aiken before he got injured in HS was a Rivals 3-star. Redshirted last year to continue rehabbing. Can he become fully recovered or was injury too severe? How much can he offer if he is fully healthy?

Aiken, like the other walk on point size guards, isn't very tall although his 6-1 beats the other two who are 5-11. The mystery remains as to what the ultimate outcome of his injury will be.

OK good point. he was a three star out of h.s and is a few inches taller. That makes
him better at least "on paper." You mentioned his injury, and that's important. I hope
he heals 100%. If that happens, he'd probably be the best of the four guard walk ons.
Maybe he could offer a few minutes of playing time, but if Murphy and Drumgoole
play as expected, available minutes are going to be few and far between.
Is he a pg? Marshall and Ezeakudo both are pg's. I'd be happy if Aiken comes back
and shows us why he was a three star.

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary or disrespectful.
Not a big deal. Seems like he talks a bit. ( He does talk to teammates in directing The offense and tha is good.) just saying he seems more like Ryan Clark than JC or Larry Fitzgerald.

OK good point. he was a three star out of h.s and is a few inches taller. That makes
him better at least "on paper." You mentioned his injury, and that's important. I hope
he heals 100%. If that happens, he'd probably be the best of the four guard walk ons.
Maybe he could offer a few minutes of playing time, but if Murphy and Drumgoole
play as expected, available minutes are going to be few and far between.
Is he a pg? Marshall and Ezeakudo both are pg's. I'd be happy if Aiken comes back
and shows us why he was a three star.
I’ve seen Aiken play live in person. He’s a floater. Not overly quick or powerful. Shoots it ok.

I’ve seen Aiken play live in person. He’s a floater. Not overly quick or powerful. Shoots it ok.
At this stage of his career can he play ACC ball? If not why sit the bench when he could go to a schools like Duquesne and Robert Morris where he could see playing time!

At this stage of his career can he play ACC ball? If not why sit the bench when he could go to a schools like Duquesne and Robert Morris where he could see playing time!

As a freshman/sophomore, Aiken really did seem like he'd develop into a high major prospect. Injuries and a lack of physical development saw fit to torpedo those chances. I'm not sure how far he is in terms of his rehab, but even if he fully recovers, I don't see him ever being an ACC level player. With that said, I understand his mindset in terms of wanting to make it at Pitt. Aside from being a legacy, this is the level that he spent years thinking he'd play at. That's a difficult dream for a 19 year old to let go of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT