ADVERTISEMENT

New WLAX Coach Announced - Emily Boissonneault

I would guess that means we are going to see a high Canadian presence on the roster.

I would guess that means we are going to see a high Canadian presence on the roster.
She’s certainly going to encounter the challenge of recruiting a whole roster to a new program, and connections with a national team would definitely seem to be one strategy to go about doing that.

Also interesting that her hiring continues what appears to be Heather Lyke’s MO in hiring the top assistant at a successful program to be the head coach here. Absent softball and maybe swimming and diving (not sure), I think that’s been the case with every hire she’s made here. Narduzzi would also fit this mold.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Is this team's first game in February 2021 (20-21 school year)? If so, wouldn't we have brought in a bunch of recruits for this school year to just practice and redshirt? That's how football start-ups do it.

She’s certainly going to encounter the challenge of recruiting a whole roster to a new program, and connections with a national team would definitely seem to be one strategy to go about doing that.

Also interesting that her hiring continues what appears to be Heather Lyke’s MO in hiring the top assistant at a successful program to be the head coach here. Absent softball and maybe swimming and diving (not sure), I think that’s been the case with every hire she’s made here. Narduzzi would also fit this mold.

She didn't hire the swimming coach. Scott Barnes did. She did hire the diving coach, but I don't know how much that was done independent of Hargis.

Will have 12 ships to give. Likely won't want all 12 to be in one recruit class. Given that, it will be interesting to see how she goes about assembling a roster for first year of competition.

In addition to freshman recruits--

Maybe a few Pitt club team LAX players?
A few grad transfers?
A few regular transfers?

Are there any JUCO WLAX teams to tap for recruits?

Joe,

Did you really see anything of that detail in the linked presser? Lots of stuff about her coaching and playing experience and she seems like a good hire but no mention of recruiting strategy for starting a team from scratch. I assume you don't bring in 12 freshmen or you will have terrible class balance that would be extremely hard to fix. Well, it is really early for this question to be addressed anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT