ADVERTISEMENT

New wrestling commit??

anyone know who this is?

Reactions: HailToPitt71
I think they got another commit today. Saw a tweet that suggested it.

Other guy is Jack Davis from Wyoming Seminary

#14 at 138 (Matthews is #4 at 138). I've always liked Davis - placed 5th in 2016 at greco cadet worlds. They are really loading up in the 141/149 range unless they think some of these kids are really gonna grow into 157s, or that Davis could be a 133 (he wrestled 58 Kg last year at worlds)

Another great get...have to assume the push for an RTC played a big role in his commitment with his resume. Give me a heavyweight now and this class will be tremendous!

The WPIAL went 1, 2, 3, 4 at AAA states last year at 285. Two are back for their senior years. Cole Rickert from Reynolds will be a freshman this year.

Reactions: Pitt_97 and Ryno53
#14 at 138 (Matthews is #4 at 138). I've always liked Davis - placed 5th in 2016 at greco cadet worlds. They are really loading up in the 141/149 range unless they think some of these kids are really gonna grow into 157s, or that Davis could be a 133 (he wrestled 58 Kg last year at worlds)

I was thinking Davis was smaller than 138. Did he move up this year?

Recruiting seems to be going very well ...... and the team should improve nicely in the near future which should mean larger crowds ..... I'm hoping for the day that the matches draw enough fans that we have to hold them in the Petersen Events Center.

We’re wrestling UVA at the Pete this year.

I was thinking Davis was smaller than 138. Did he move up this year?

That’s just where they ranked him. I bet he’s at 132 at some point, but who knows. I’m pretty sure he wrestled 132 at NE Rgionals last year but can’t recall for sure.

Reactions: bwh05
Crawford was very impressive on video. Has the killer instinct. A pinner. The only issue I have with him is that at least in the videos he only appears to have one takedown move. He will have to be more versatile in college.

In one tourney he beat the same wrestler twice. He beat the kid early and then the kid made it through the wrestle-backs and met him again. In the two matches, he had 11 takedowns against the kid. He initiated 9 of them — all with that one move. The other two came off counters. The other kid had to know what move was coming, but he just couldn’t stop it.

He is not real tall. I doubt he has the frame to wrestle above 165 or 174 in college. Unless he has a growth spurt.

ADVERTISEMENT