ADVERTISEMENT

New Years/NY Day Menus

Dan1911

Sophomore
Jan 17, 2016
Anyone going all out? I'm doing porterhouse and crab legs tonight, nothing major tomorrow. Sparkling wine, no hard booze tonight. Wine and cheese tomorrow.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Smoked meatloaf sounds fabulous. Any recipe you have worth sharing?

I always cook a standing rib roast on New Year. The wife peels the potatoes for the mashed potatoes.

Tomorrow pork tenderloin, St. Louis ribs, local smoked kielbasa, sauerkraut and taters in a apple cider beer broth.
Grill the meat first, then bake. Same recipe for 20+ years. Tasty. Kraut turns dark brown….

Reactions: USN_Panther
Smoked meatloaf sounds fabulous. Any recipe you have worth sharing?
I like the simple recipe from meat church. But my recipe is fairly common with meatloaf but I use a homemade bbq sauce instead of ketchup or tomato paste. The sauce is mostly ketchup based with garlic, brown sugar, onions, seasonings, coconut aminos, and vinegar.
My meat seasoning includes salt, pepper, Cayenne pepper, other peppers, cumin, paprika, bread crumbs, and coconut aminos.
I freeze the meatloaf wrapped in a loaf pan. Helps it keep shape. When I take out of freezer I brush with bbq sauce, top off with bbq seasoning blend. Directly on grates with drip pan. Smoked at 250 for 3.5 -4 hours and turn up heat to 375 to finish off. Add more sauce around 3.5 hours. 160 degrees internal.

It's New Years Day here, 4 pm.
Had friends down and went fishing after the game yesterday. Caught a nice trout out of the Aparima River and smoked it with manuka wood chips.
Made baked new potatoes dug from the garden and corn on the cob.
Drank a Central Otago sparkling under the stars, after a good beer battering of the chef.
That was a great day.

It's New Years Day here, 4 pm.
Had friends down and went fishing after the game yesterday. Caught a nice trout out of the Aparima River and smoked it with manuka wood chips.
Made baked new potatoes dug from the garden and corn on the cob.
Drank a Central Otago sparkling under the stars, after a good beer battering of the chef.
That was a great day.
That beats the hell out of my pork and sauerkraut. Fortunately for those of us in western PA, the rain today did wash some of the road salt off of our vehicles. Not quite trout fishing, but better than a week ago!

That beats the hell out of my pork and sauerkraut. Fortunately for those of us in western PA, the rain today did wash some of the road salt off of our vehicles. Not quite trout fishing, but better than a week ago!
Summer holidays are the best. In the last four days I have fished three of the best fly fishing rivers in the world. (Oreti, Mataura and Aparima). Heavy overnight rain made the rivers run high and fast so unsafe to wade in many places and difficult to spot trout. We went to a braided section yesterday and saw some good fish, many taking dry under the willows. Difficult casting for sure. We laid a number of different sizes and patterns right on them without joy. I got my fish to come out from under the tree with a size 16 hare and copper nymph. 4 pound brown. Was a nice fish.

Wasn't gonna share but what the hell ..
Spent Christmas eve at Moms at the home front . Both her and I woke up Christmas morning with a nasty case of Covid . Had about 20 people here that night . Turns out 5 or 6 ended up with it . All doing ok with there families .
Spent the last week since Christmas eve here with my mom and I must say it's truly been one of the most heart felt Christmas holidays i've probably had in decades .. Both looking after one another .. What I think this time of year is really honestly all about .. Anyway . We're hogging down Isaly's chipped ham and barbecue .. N At .. Happy New Year and Hail To Pitt !!

Does my Swaggerty's breakfast sausage with eggs count towards fulfilling the NYD pork requirement?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT