ADVERTISEMENT

Next 3 games

Slick Manager of Champs

Heisman Candidate
Apr 22, 2007
I know a losing record is still a losing record, but 5-7 is a lot better than 2-10. 5-7 is kind of in the normal range for the program and would save something of this lost season with a 3-game win streak

2-10 is Hackett/Foge/Majors 2 levels and somewhere the program hasn't been in a very long time and not a good place to be.

I know the concern is a 3 game win streak may prompt Narduzzi to think all is well with the staff and no changes will be made. This is a legitimate concern. But I can never hope for a loss, so you would have to think rational thought will prevail and staff changes are made regardless.

Syracuse best chance for a win. For whatever reason Narduzzi seems to have Duke's number, and BC is a home game. Play some younger talent, avoid the total collapse, make staff changes at the end of the year and that's how Narduzzi will save some face on this crap season.

Yeah I think 4-8 can happen. Maybe 5-7. The Wake game should have been a win. I don’t think we are truly 2-10 bad regardless of what final record may be, but your record is your record. I don’t think FCJ stays even if they win out.

Yeah I think 4-8 can happen. Maybe 5-7. The Wake game should have been a win. I don’t think we are truly 2-10 bad regardless of what final record may be, but your record is your record. I don’t think FCJ stays even if they win out.
Cignetti will be G-O-N-E..... Nm

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Bc is going to run it down our throat and we’ll be banging our heads against the wall trying to figure out how we lost to those chumps AGAIN

yeah that will be the hardest of the three, as they seem to have Narduzzi's number. The 2019 & 2020 losses to them were very bad (2019 they fired their coach after the game) so I don't have a good feeling about this one. 4-8 is very bad and ends the streak of no season under 5 wins for the past 25 years.

We absolutely CAN go 5-7, but I don't think we will. It's gonna be tough to come out as inspired as we were yesterday again.

I'm not concerned about retaining Cignetti... he sucks and everyone knows it. I'm way more concerned with losing our better players, so we need every ounce of goodwill we can muster. But I fear some minds have already been made up (at least to a point of fielding offers).

I agree about 2-10. It's actually difficult to be that bad. I definitely think it's the OC and not the talent. We're not loaded by any means, but we're not worse than a 6-6/7-5 type of team with a semi-functioning offense/QB.

Just a guess, they'll win one of the remaining three games.

If I had to guess which one I would think it would be over a struggling Syracuse who has lost five straight games and may actually have a weaker offense than that of the Panthers. .

I know a losing record is still a losing record, but 5-7 is a lot better than 2-10. 5-7 is kind of in the normal range for the program and would save something of this lost season with a 3-game win streak

2-10 is Hackett/Foge/Majors 2 levels and somewhere the program hasn't been in a very long time and not a good place to be.

I know the concern is a 3 game win streak may prompt Narduzzi to think all is well with the staff and no changes will be made. This is a legitimate concern. But I can never hope for a loss, so you would have to think rational thought will prevail and staff changes are made regardless.

Syracuse best chance for a win. For whatever reason Narduzzi seems to have Duke's number, and BC is a home game. Play some younger talent, avoid the total collapse, make staff changes at the end of the year and that's how Narduzzi will save some face on this crap season.
“I know the concern is a 3 game win streak may prompt Narduzzi to think all is well with the staff and no changes will be made. This is a legitimate concern.

You bet it is!

As I said previously, Narduzzi will not be fired, but someone will be sacrificed. They need to get rid of Cignetti and Borbley. Unless Heather intervenes on his next hire, He will hire a OC with a Big Ten background that he is familiar with. Here are two:

Brad Salem (former OC at MSU and brother of Tim Salem):

Jay Johnson (Current MSU OC):

As I said previously, Narduzzi will not be fired, but someone will be sacrificed. They need to get rid of Cignetti and Borbley. Unless Heather intervenes on his next hire, He will hire a OC with a Big Ten background that he is familiar with. Here are two:

Brad Salem (former OC at MSU and brother of Tim Salem):

Jay Johnson (Current MSU OC):

watch for Enos the recently fired OC from Arkansas

Yeah I mean . It's a shitty situation moving forward for the entire football org.
Win out and it's business as usual . Go winless then shake it up and we are taking 2 steps back imo . Like I said . Pretty shitty ...

Did Hackett, Foge, or Majors 2 ever actually have a season where they won only 2 games?

I think Walt had a 2-9 year back in 98. Before that, I think you have to go back to 1972.

Did Hackett, Foge, or Majors 2 ever actually have a season where they won only 2 games?

I think Walt had a 2-9 year back in 98. Before that, I think you have to go back to 1972.

Majors in 1995. I remember that season. Thought that was the year things might be starting to click. Started 2-0, and played Texas pretty tough on the road in a loss the 3rd game. Then came a home game against Ohio State and got crushed (some things never change in regards to scheduling). So I was starting to get a little less optimistic but I thought the Big East season is starting with a home game game against VaTech, still a chance for a decent season. Close game, then Billy West breaks his leg in the 2nd half, Tech goes on to win, and the wheels totally fell off and lost the rest of them.

I was thinking the same thing. He was fired from Arkansas because their offense was awful, but he’s in his mid 50’s and coached at MSU, so he automatically is appealing to HCPN.
If Lyke lets him pull that, fans simply have to punish the program…withhold ticket renewals and donations.

Reactions: pierre93
I’m thinking 3-9 is how we finish, maybe 4-8. I’ve already chalked Boston College up as a loss and I think we take down Syracuse next Saturday.

Duke, in my opinion, can go either way. As mentioned, we seem to have their number and there’s uncertainty surrounding Reilly (sp) Leonard’s status the rest of the season.

I’m thinking 3-9 is how we finish, maybe 4-8. I’ve already chalked Boston College up as a loss and I think we take down Syracuse next Saturday.

Duke, in my opinion, can go either way. As mentioned, we seem to have their number and there’s uncertainty surrounding Reilly (sp) Leonard’s status the rest of the season.
Boston College is not good, in fact they are for sure the worst 6-3 team in the country. Their game against Syracuse was painful to watch. They barely beat Cuse who played a QB that would make Phil look like Joe Montana. Dude had 37 yards passing and threw 4 INTs.

I think they win 2 of the 3 and finish 4-8. They're not as bad as their record and BC isn't nearly as good as their record.

Scott Frost will be an OC somewhere next year. I would guess Narduzzis ego would suggest no chance

But while he stunk at Nebraska he ran the offense at UCF where they did nothing but win
I thought Josh Heupel ran that offense???

I thought Josh Heupel ran that offense???
No. Josh Huepel was the OC at Missouri the the whole time Scott Frost was at UCF. Troy Walters was Frost's OC at UCF & followed Frost to Nebraska. He was let go after 2020. Nebraska brought in Matt Lubick, who worked with Frost at Oregon, for one year before hiring Whipple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT