ADVERTISEMENT

Next Question on Horton

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Given that Horton needs to sit a year, but can practice with the team, can he travel and play in Italy since it isn't the actual college basketball season? Anyone know the applicable NCAA rule?

I’m not sure why you’d want him to take PT away from guys who would actually be playing next season . I’m sure as a member of team he’d be on the trip as would the new walk on . Great life experience for the team .

He said that he will not be going to Italy because he's coming in late and he didn't get a chance to take any summer classes here so he won't start until the fall

He's now listed on PittsburghPanthers.com roster, no number as of yet. His number at Delaware was 12, but that's taken by incoming Freshman Karim Coulibaly. Time will tell.

Press release on official site:

https://pittsburghpanthers.com/news...-pitt-lands-transfer-guard-ithiel-horton.aspx

During discussion on here before he committed I believe it was said he was from Arkansas and that was a reason that he might have chosen them over Pitt.

Horton's bio says he is from Vauxhall, New Jersey and Roselle Catholic HS. It was reported elsewhere that he had played at St. Anthony, Jersey City before finishing HS at Roselle Catholic. Just out of curiosity--was the "Arkansas native" claim untrue? Or, did his family move from Arkansas to NJ?

Last edited:
Press release on official site:

https://pittsburghpanthers.com/news...-pitt-lands-transfer-guard-ithiel-horton.aspx

During discussion on here before he committed I believe it was said he was from Arkansas and that was a reason that he might have chosen them over Pitt.

Horton's bio says he is from Vauxhall, New Jersey and Roselle Catholic HS. It was reported elsewhere that he had played at St. Anthony, Jersey City before finishing HS at Roselle Catholic. Just out of curiosity--was the "Arkansas native" claim untrue? Or, did his family move from Arkansas to NJ?

I don’t think I ever read that. The Cleveland State transfer is an Arkansas native.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT