ADVERTISEMENT

Next two opponents ...

Still hard to say where things will stand when we play them--I think we are continuing to improve and may be even better than we are now when we play them on November 27. But it will be out first true road game so they should beat us at home as things stand today.

From what I saw of the second half of their game vs Oregon last night (watched after watching the Pitt game) I tend to believe Iowa may be underrated right now.

However, I also thought Oregon looked like they may be overrated and shouldn't be a top 25 team--at least not based on last night's play. However, it was one game which taken in isolation doesn't mean much.

After last night's games Sagarin's computer has Oregon at #55 (#129 "recent") and Iowa #68 (#24 "recent"). Pitt is #85 and St. Louis #157 with Pitt favored in the range of 3-6 pts neutral site.

Still hard to say where things will stand when we play them--I think we are continuing to improve and may be even better than we are now when we play them on November 27. But it will be out first true road game so they should beat us at home as things stand today.

From what I saw of the second half of their game vs Oregon last night (watched after watching the Pitt game) I tend to believe Iowa may be underrated right now.

However, I also thought Oregon looked like they may be overrated and shouldn't be a top 25 team--at least not based on last night's play. However, it was one game which taken in isolation doesn't mean much.
Exactly Oregon looked way overrated and Iowa improved their D from last year, so they look underrated

All I know is that I'm looking forward to being at the game today and watching these young kids play and have fun. Big difference between that and what we've had to endure for the last 2 years. Take it one game at a time.

Did anyone notice that outside of UNC, Pitt has scored the most points so far this year in the ACC? Not that it means much since most of the opponents are not ACC quality, but I thought it was interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT