ADVERTISEMENT

Next year

PittFanDan17

Freshman
Jun 6, 2018
I’m tired of all of these fair weather fans. Yes, today’s game sucked, but these games happen. The same people that are saying fire HCPN right now were the same ones claiming we’d go 4-8 before the season. Our whole team consists of underclassmen and the guys behind them are even younger. We’re going to win next week and get a favorable matchup in the bowl game to close out at 9-4 and we have a very favorable schedule next year. 2020 was always the year for HCPN and when we’re dominating next year, I will remember every one of you pricks that didn’t have this teams back this year. HAIL FOREVER.

I’m tired of all of these fair weather fans. Yes, today’s game sucked, but these games happen. The same people that are saying fire HCPN right now were the same ones claiming we’d go 4-8 before the season. Our whole team consists of underclassmen and the guys behind them are even younger. We’re going to win next week and get a favorable matchup in the bowl game to close out at 9-4 and we have a very favorable schedule next year. 2020 was always the year for HCPN and when we’re dominating next year, I will remember every one of you pricks that didn’t have this teams back this year. HAIL FOREVER.

Hey guys, a coach needs 6 years! Underperform against a weak schedule next year, and all we will hear is 2021 is the year!

Is there any evidence that the O Line will be better next year. Same question for the tight ends.

given that Narduzzi has not recruited incoming freshman that has turned into an impact offensive player, I would not put much faith in them being much better.

experience is good, but if the players aren’t good enough in the first place it doesn’t really do much

given that Narduzzi has not recruited incoming freshman that has turned into an impact offensive player, I would not put much faith in them being much better.

experience is good, but if the players aren’t good enough in the first place it doesn’t really do much

EXACTLY! These are not RS or true freshmen.

Twyman, Ford leave early. Still got Pinncok back there to get beat. Defense reverts to norm. Narduzzi one step closer to being shown the door.

Is there any evidence that the O Line will be better next year. Same question for the tight ends.

Good question. I think the problem there is with the O line coach. They need someone younger who can coach and recruit. The O-line is like recruiting a separate team entirely that needs to be developed. I see no reason why the current players couldn’t be better with the right coaching.

It’s not that easy. How do you sell an high school impact player on offense to come to Pitt when you have had 4 OCs in 6 years? He is doing fine recruiting defensive players. With Whipple, they have the potential to attract some offensive weapons that fit his gameplan. The next 2 recruiting classes will be telling. If they land Parrish this year that will be 1. If they win 8 or 9 this year and follow with a 10 win season next year I think more recruits will come.

it’s the same unit that will have a year of experience and physical growth. Sounds like a recipe for improved play

not enough so to make them decent. If Kevin stallings was still around just because the team had experience doesn’t mean they would have been a tourney team.

not enough so to make them decent. If Kevin stallings was still around just because the team had experience doesn’t mean they would have been a tourney team.

I don't agree with this comparison. Stallings didn't have any talented players returning or coming in as recruits. This line has some talent.

We all know the drill. This roster looks good right now. BUT.......Ford and Twyman are gone, plus we know that there will be another head scratcher that leaves like Weaver, Camp or even Mack, that won't get drafted and will get cut by Sept. Next, we have the obligatory season ending camp injury and disappearing act for Narduzzi's most heralded and anticipayed recruit. Thus, next year's roster will be like every other roster these past 40 years.

Next, the games themselves. We will squeak past Ohio U in OT, and look uninspired in beating a 1aa team. Then we will shock a ranked NC on the road with a last second FG and everyone will be talking playoffs. Next we will of course lose at Marshall by having a blocked gw fg returned for a game losing TD with 00's on the clock, followed by a gut- wrenching, last second loss to ND at home due to a bad call by an official. We will be 3-2 with a couple games coming up against middling coastal teams Duke, GT and a down VA. We squeak past VA to get to 4-2 and get everyone excited once again and then lose to a much improved GT which just pisses us all off because "how the hell did G friggin' T reduild faster than we could get good again?!!" We then beat Dook in multiple OT's. 5-3 within reach of a Coastal Championship with only 1 conference loss and the top teams ahead of us! We then get beat at FSU in a good game and lose another heart breaker at H to VT. Once again, we're at .500 and trying to find a 6th win for bowl eligibility with Cuse and Miami coming up and being in similar situations. We beat Cuse in a huge comeback after a horrendous 1st half that saw half the 35K crowd leave as the band took the field at halftime. We then beat a fellow 6-5 team, Miami in a game so boring that it is still in doubt with 2 minutes left but still there are only 30K in the stands and only a few more watching on some 7th tier streaming service. Finally, it mercifully comes to an end in some nondescript bowl in some nondescipt city against some nondescript opponent in a bowl game that will never be singularly referred to ever again by anyone except as a footnote into our college football leading record for consecutive bowl game losses.

100% Next year, believe...
I’ve been saying that since age 8, 38 years ago!

source.gif

Reactions: California Gold
I’m much more hesitant to play this 2020 schedule game than I was earlier this year - was the schedule *really* that bad this year? PSU aside, they got an FCS team, a mediocre MAC school and a good but much regressed G5 school. They got the 2 ACC schools they’ve struggled the most against (Miami/UNC) at home, and it sure does seem most of their ACC opponents next year will improve from this year.

People can bitch and moan all they want, but one question.
This season how many balls were dropped by the WR's and TE's?

Look yesterdays game was not fun, but Narduzzi has built the defense up and it is really good. Let's not forget their 2 best d-linemen missed most of the season.

I think the biggest hole in the offense is the lack of a true running game. Yes there have been breakthroughs here and there, but last year we have 2 legit running backs who took over games. If Whipple had that to work with, then maybe the o-line and passing game wouldn't suffer.

I don't know, but to me this program is being built the way Narduzzi wants it.

We can agree to disagree, but as frustrating as it may be at times I like to think the arrow is pointing up

Reactions: caleco's
People can bitch and moan all they want, but one question.
This season how many balls were dropped by the WR's and TE's?

Look yesterdays game was not fun, but Narduzzi has built the defense up and it is really good. Let's not forget their 2 best d-linemen missed most of the season.

I think the biggest hole in the offense is the lack of a true running game. Yes there have been breakthroughs here and there, but last year we have 2 legit running backs who took over games. If Whipple had that to work with, then maybe the o-line and passing game wouldn't suffer.

I don't know, but to me this program is being built the way Narduzzi wants it.

We can agree to disagree, but as frustrating as it may be at times I like to think the arrow is pointing up

I don’t get this? If you are going to give Narduzzi credit for the defense and it’s players, don’t you also have to hold him accountable for The offense? I keep seeing people say players drop balls not coaches, but at some point when it happens all the time you have to criticize the coaches who recruited those players

The O line should be better. It’s a very young group.

we don’t have a legit TE on the roster.

not sure the QB, RBs or WRs will be any better. The QB is a major problem. So is the lack of a legitimate every down tailback, but better O line play will make the backs look a whole lot better.

I just heard from the Weather Bureau that all 3 rivers are going to flash flood to the unending crying from all the couch potatoes in the greater Pittsburgh area.

Reactions: pitt-girl
We all know the drill. This roster looks good right now. BUT.......Ford and Twyman are gone, plus we know that there will be another head scratcher that leaves like Weaver, Camp or even Mack, that won't get drafted and will get cut by Sept. Next, we have the obligatory season ending camp injury and disappearing act for Narduzzi's most heralded and anticipayed recruit. Thus, next year's roster will be like every other roster these past 40 years.

Next, the games themselves. We will squeak past Ohio U in OT, and look uninspired in beating a 1aa team. Then we will shock a ranked NC on the road with a last second FG and everyone will be talking playoffs. Next we will of course lose at Marshall by having a blocked gw fg returned for a game losing TD with 00's on the clock, followed by a gut- wrenching, last second loss to ND at home due to a bad call by an official. We will be 3-2 with a couple games coming up against middling coastal teams Duke, GT and a down VA. We squeak past VA to get to 4-2 and get everyone excited once again and then lose to a much improved GT which just pisses us all off because "how the hell did G friggin' T reduild faster than we could get good again?!!" We then beat Dook in multiple OT's. 5-3 within reach of a Coastal Championship with only 1 conference loss and the top teams ahead of us! We then get beat at FSU in a good game and lose another heart breaker at H to VT. Once again, we're at .500 and trying to find a 6th win for bowl eligibility with Cuse and Miami coming up and being in similar situations. We beat Cuse in a huge comeback after a horrendous 1st half that saw half the 35K crowd leave as the band took the field at halftime. We then beat a fellow 6-5 team, Miami in a game so boring that it is still in doubt with 2 minutes left but still there are only 30K in the stands and only a few more watching on some 7th tier streaming service. Finally, it mercifully comes to an end in some nondescript bowl in some nondescipt city against some nondescript opponent in a bowl game that will never be singularly referred to ever again by anyone except as a footnote into our college football leading record for consecutive bowl game losses.
Thanks for the summary of the post 2020 season, that is one check for Pitt football I won’t have to write next year. Unfortunately I agree with you, this is PItt football at it’s finest. H2P!

Thanks, LOL! The issue is expectations in my opinion. This hasn't been a bad season and it's doubtful next season will be either. 7-8 wins per year is ok. What is insane is that we never have a good season, tossed in to get folks excited. Even our only 10- win season was mildly disappointing due to being Cincy's little brother and how that happened.

The crazy thing is that the only time I remember a positive buzz after a Pitt season was after 13-9 and after Pickett beat Miami. Both were non bowl seasons. What a messed up program and fan base we have.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The Pitt offense will come on next season to match the great defense. The OL are young guys they will get stronger and have more experience. H2P

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The Pitt offense will come on next season to match the great defense. The OL are young guys they will get stronger and have more experience. H2P
Maybe. Maybe not. They will have to show me first before I can accept any predictions of their performance in 2020.

I’m tired of all of these fair weather fans. Yes, today’s game sucked, but these games happen. The same people that are saying fire HCPN right now were the same ones claiming we’d go 4-8 before the season. We’re going to win next week and get a favorable matchup in the bowl game to close out at 9-4 and we have a very favorable schedule next year. I will remember every one of you pricks on offense that didn’t have this teams back this year. HAIL FOREVER.

Fixed it for you.

If only those pricks had the defense’s back the way the defense has had the offense’s back.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT