ADVERTISEMENT

Next Year's Starting Offense....

Oct 25, 2021
Agree or disagree with these?

QB - Jurkovec
RB1 - Transfer who isn't on the roster, yet
WR - Wayne
WR - Mumpfield
WR - Transfer who isn't on the roster, yet (maybe Cephas)
TE - Transfer who isn't on the roster, yet
LT - Taylor
LG - Goncalves (though he may be more valuable at LT)
C - Moore
RG - Zubovic
RT - Baer

Hammond will be the starting RB.
I'll assume Bartholomew is back until he says otherwise, although it wouldn't surprise me if he did transfer.

I'd add center as a possible transfer starter.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

QB - Jurkovec
WR - Wayne
WR - Mumpfield
LT - Taylor
C - Moore
RG - Zubovic
RT - Baer
Cephas is a nice player, I'd be happy if we landed him. Although it seems like every school in the country has offered at this point -- not sure why he didn't get P5 looks initially.

I bet Bartholomew stays, doesn't seem like a diva.
Phil can get him the ball.
Hammond and Flemister, with a new transfer.

Hammond will be the starting RB.
I'll assume Bartholomew is back until he says otherwise, although it wouldn't surprise me if he did transfer.

I'd add center as a possible transfer starter.
To add to this, Bartholomew retweeted something hyping up a Jurkovec-Bartholomew connection for next year. It’s looking like he’s staying… unless USC offers him a bag. :oops:

To add to this, Bartholomew retweeted something hyping up a Jurkovec-Bartholomew connection for next year. It’s looking like he’s staying… unless USC offers him a bag. :oops:

Heard Notre Dame is a school to watch on this one. He very well may be back, but I wonder if that would have been the case if Slovis had come back. He had to be pretty dissatisfied with his usage last season.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Also, what about the Jacoby transfer from Ohio State? Any chance he competes for a starting OL position?

If Bartholomew stays, we have to get him back into the H back role 100% of the time. He is not an "in-line" tight end or if he is, he's not a good one..

If Bartholomew stays, we have to get him back into the H back role 100% of the time. He is not an "in-line" tight end or if he is, he's not a good one..

That's quite possible. TE isn't exactly an easy position for fans to evaluate, because it comes down to catches. I did see we are trying to land Dippre from Maryland. I remember recruiting him out of high school, and I caught the Ohio State game this season where he caught a touchdown. Looks like he didn't do much overall, though. Still, you'd have to love a tight end room with him, Bartholomew, and Johnson. Not sure if we can swing that. Also.... would Dippre want to come here if Batholomew is returning? I try to look into they why's with some of these offers. Like, maybe the coaches know something.

I love Barth. But he would have had more catches, if he had caught more of the balls that were put right on him this past year. He had some Krull like inconsistency going on this past year.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
I don't think Bart would leave for ND anyway they are usually loaded with 4 star TE prospects. It was really his first year playing in line at TE. The kid from Maryland Dippre looks like a good one hope Pitt can land him in the transfer portal. Cignett's offense is TE friendly.

I don't think Bart would leave for ND anyway they are usually loaded with 4 star TE prospects. It was really his first year playing in line at TE. The kid from Maryland Dippre looks like a good one hope Pitt can land him in the transfer portal. Cignett's offense is TE friendly.

Bart or Dippre is probably about six in one and a half dozen in the other. Don't think there'd be much of a difference either way. But I'm not sure what the list of suitors for Dippre looks like.

QB - Jurkovec
WR - Wayne
WR - Mumpfield
LT - Taylor
C - Moore
RG - Zubovic
RT - Baer
You all need toremember where Bartholamew was (Buffalo commit from little Blue Mtn high school). Pitt took a chance on the kid,and I think that he knows that he owes the staff for getting him into a spotlight that he never thought was possible 2 years ago.

Are you comfortable with him getting the load Izzy had? I think he's a great 10-15 carry back, but imagine how badly this offense would have sputtered without Izzy's home run ability. There are going to be plenty of SEC talents in the portal.
Yes. I am. He literally did just this v. Syracuse when Izzy was out. 20+ carries, 100+ yards. Pitt has Flemister to spell him as needed too.

Yes. I am. He literally did just this v. Syracuse when Izzy was out. 20+ carries, 100+ yards. Pitt has Flemister to spell him as needed too.
we will question any RB's durability here. We questioned Izzy's, we question Hammond's. anyone who's been hurt, we question it and honestly, it's pretty justified.. not calling them soft but it's a tough position to get 200+ carries and not get hurt and miss some time, especially with Hammond's running style..

but yeah, i see no reason why he cant be "The guy" next yer. That said, we are gonna need a good back up (Flemister hopefully) and at least 2 more options. whether thats Davis, or if this staff actually EVER gives Carter a carry or they find one or two in the portal.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
You all need toremember where Bartholamew was (Buffalo commit from little Blue Mtn high school). Pitt took a chance on the kid,and I think that he knows that he owes the staff for getting him into a spotlight that he never thought was possible 2 years ago.
Well this is true for every star MAC and Sun Belt kid, too -- but if an opportunity exists for a more favorable situation, that loyalty is only going to go so far. The spotlight could be even bigger and brighter somewhere else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT