ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Divisional Round Games

Well, really we knew what you meant.
Brees is a well respected player in the league and deserves the benefit of the doubt, but sooner or later it just isn't gonna be there. I haven't followed him enough to know for certain if its time, but putting yourself, fans, teammates through this has to be rough.

If Ben comes back, which I am convinced he will, he too will get the benefit of the doubt, but if he can only throw the short passes as he did down the stretch, it will be a horrible ending or he will end his career holding a clip board for Mason Rudolph which may not be too bad of a way for it to end if he handles it the right way. (I am not sure he can do that either)
Agreed, and this is why I’m cautiously optimistic about Canada taking over the offense. I’m hoping the incorporation of play-action will open things up a bit through the air and help with the establishment of a ground game.

Reactions: Parkview57
Well, really we knew what you meant.
Brees is a well respected player in the league and deserves the benefit of the doubt, but sooner or later it just isn't gonna be there. I haven't followed him enough to know for certain if its time, but putting yourself, fans, teammates through this has to be rough.

If Ben comes back, which I am convinced he will, he too will get the benefit of the doubt, but if he can only throw the short passes as he did down the stretch, it will be a horrible ending or he will end his career holding a clip board for Mason Rudolph which may not be too bad of a way for it to end if he handles it the right way. (I am not sure he can do that either)
Why would the Steelers pay Ben $20 million to hold a clipboard, particularly because it will mean they cannot afford to sign or replace the guys who are free agents?

Why would the Steelers pay Ben $20 million to hold a clipboard, particularly because it will mean they cannot afford to sign or replace the guys who are free agents?
If he comes back it would actually be over 40 mill unless of course they restructure and create a bigger mess down the road

If at some point during next year the offense is not cutting it with the starter, you make the switch to the younger guy, it literally happens every year in this league.

If he comes back it would actually be over 40 mill unless of course they restructure and create a bigger mess down the road
Right, but if he does not come back, his cap hit is still $20 million. I was referring to the difference.

Right, but if he does not come back, his cap hit is still $20 million. I was referring to the difference.

My problem is that it is hard for me to envision Ben stepping down on his own or the Steelers cutting him, but the more I read and evaluate, the team's financial situation with him coming back (as you have pointed out), I will be less shocked if they approach him about retiring.

My problem is that it is hard for me to envision Ben stepping down on his own or the Steelers cutting him, but the more I read and evaluate, the team's financial situation with him coming back (as you have pointed out), I will be less shocked if they approach him about retiring.

Sounds like they are gearing to bring him back while kicking a portion of the $19M down the road. I found a video of him working out for next season:

d60647fd031cfd00324f55d8a9b1d9f9.gif

Reactions: Parkview57
If the Pats can let Brady go, who is still a top-level performer, then the Steelers should be able to move on from Ben. His contract is hanging over them, and the sooner they get out from under it, the better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT