ADVERTISEMENT

Nice honor for the Pitt FB program

Dear Lord, we should not need a sarcasm font for every sarcastic post. Are you really that thick?

Reactions: Noah Bonner
Great...now we know why they're not better on the field, they're spending too much time going to class and studying :cool:

Need more slackers....

This is fantastic news. I'd rather emulate Stanford than WVU, but every group has its bottom feeders.
After all, it is a university first and foremost.

I wouldn't want WVU's academic profile but I would take a poor team GPA (as long as they are eligible) if we could win like WVU

Dear Lord, we should not need a sarcasm font for every sarcastic post. Are you really that thick?

Yes he is, if not he never makes that type of comment in his post. He’s not man enough to share a link he found and congratulate the team and move on. He has to attack posters to ensure back and forth childlike behavior in a thread where it doesn’t belong. Next he’ll attack Souf as if he’s a rah rah Pitt athletics poster.

Yes he is, if not he never makes that type of comment in his post. He’s not man enough to share a link he found and congratulate the team and move on. He has to attack posters to ensure back and forth childlike behavior in a thread where it doesn’t belong. Next he’ll attack Souf as if he’s a rah rah Pitt athletics poster.
You have to forgive him- he, like plenty of others, aren’t exactly clear or witty.

You have to forgive him- he, like plenty of others, aren’t exactly clear or witty.

Just stating the facts. Clearly I was right If it want clear that’s your problem. I don’t make lame attempts to be witty like you. Like SMF your trying way to hard

Truth hurts. I see I struck a chord

I would love it if someone came up with minor league football so those who are going to college just for football could play there and turn colleges back into places where academics come first. Everyone seems to like the Army/Navy game and those players won't be in the NFL. Heck, if it went back to the way it used to be, a lot of the kids that play for college could still make the NFL.

Great...now we know why they're not better on the field, they're spending too much time going to class and studying :cool:

Need more slackers....

It says in the article that Pitt is sharing this award with Clemson along with a few other schools.

Congrats to Pitt football for an Outstanding award.

I would love to see the majors and degrees for Pitt players compared to Clemson (hotel management), Kansas St (parks and rec management) and Neveda (only God knows).

Fight the Power
NGF

I take this as a negative. Less time in the classroom. More time on football. Win more games. They don't televise Finals Week
As always, I take you as a negative.... funny thing, for some reason Clemson's lads ended up on the same list...

It's a nice thing, congratulations to them. For many of them at the lower levels of the depth chart, classes are the main thing they are at Pitt for, so may as well be good at them.

Saying it's taking away from the success of the team on the field is always dubious. The top players, in it for shots at the pros, are getting by with the classes, hopefully with sufficient tutor help and relaxed standards. I'm sure Pitt are sticklers more than most on attending classes, because that's a feel-good thing for Pitt leadership since the "evil" 80s, along with shackles on the boosters. But only to a point. The players aren't missing conditioning or practices. Team shortcomings aren't due to excessive focus on academics, i'm sure.

Knowing this, who would honestly feel negatively about it.

I wouldn't want WVU's academic profile but I would take a poor team GPA (as long as they are eligible) if we could win like WVU

So basically you want to enjoy a bunch of players, over half of them African American and many of them from lower income families, go run into each other for sport -- and would be willing to have them be less successful in life in general (which is the end aggregate result of doing poorly in school) so you could watch a couple more football wins per year?

Just checking in with how unethical you are.

So basically you want to enjoy a bunch of players, over half of them African American and many of them from lower income families, go run into each other for sport -- and would be willing to have them be less successful in life in general (which is the end aggregate result of doing poorly in school) so you could watch a couple more football wins per year?

Checkmate

Congrats to Pitt football for an Outstanding award.

I would love to see the majors and degrees for Pitt players compared to Clemson (hotel management), Kansas St (parks and rec management) and Neveda (only God knows).

Fight the Power
NGF

I’m sure there are a lot of bogus majors at Pitt too. Let’s see how many are communications or criminal justice.

I’m very happy to see Pitt athletes succeed in the classroom, but let’s not act like Pitt is a paragon of academic rigor for student athletes.

This is fantastic news. I'd rather emulate Stanford than WVU, but every group has its bottom feeders.
After all, it is a university first and foremost.
what years did you get your participation trophy

I want to see Pitt win games. Period. If they can do that while getting good grades, that would be great but I wouldn't trade any wins for higher GPA's. I would happily take a National Title if it meant the lowest team GPA in the NCAA. Not that the 2 go hand in hand. They dont. Just saying I wins are what matters to 99.9% of fans. We expect they do their part in the classroom.

It's great. Obviously, how can it not be a great thing (okay, we know how). But let's face it, these kids, and I would guess 75% of them would not be at Pitt if it wasn't for football. Maybe even more than that.

Football is brutal. It is also entertainment. It is why we follow it. We aren't watching them and discussing their Chemistry class attendance and exams. We want them to do well in life, hope nothing but the best, but at the end of the day, we really don't care as long as they deliver on the field. Let's be really honest and stop with the high and mighty stuff.

If I would post a poll that says "would you prefer Pitt football to be top 10 in rankings or top 10 in academics" without the option of "both" I would guess 2/3's who would mark "academics" are not being honest, just want that appearance that they are above the hoi polloi and the trivial nature of football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT