ADVERTISEMENT

Nice PG article on rise of Pitt soccer as a national power

CrazyPaco

Athletic Director
Jul 5, 2001
Rightfully called it one of the most impressive turn around stories in all of Division 1 athletics history.

Pitt's first game of the NCAA tournament, as the #2 overall seed, is Sunday at 8pm.

They hired arguably the best college coach in the nation so this isnt hard to believe. If DePaul hired Calipari, I'd expect them to be one of the best teams in the country in a few years

They hired arguably the best college coach in the nation so this isnt hard to believe. If DePaul hired Calipari, I'd expect them to be one of the best teams in the country in a few years
DePaul has a lot more basketball history than Pitt soccer had, and better backyard recruiting territory too, and better facilities comparatively. But yes, he's one of the best collegiate soccer coaches for sure.

Are capable of ever seeing something in a positive way?
How was what I posted anything but positive? We hired the Calipari of soccer. I posted here when he was hired he might win a National Championship here. What he is doing is not surprising.

How was what I posted anything but positive? We hired the Calipari of soccer. I posted here when he was hired he might win a National Championship here. What he is doing is not surprising.
Instead of just saying great hire for Pitt you compare it to a small catholic college in Chicago that hasn’t been a basketball power in over 40 years. Pitt is a major division 1 university playing in a top five power conference.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Instead of just saying great hire for Pitt you compare it to a small catholic college in Chicago that hasn’t been a basketball power in over 40 years. Pitt is a major division 1 university playing in a top five power conference.
And Pitt soccer was the worst soccer program from a major conference just as DePaul is the worst basketball program from a major conference. It was a perfect example. Pitt hired a HOF level coach and he's winning. Its no surprise just as nobody would be surprised if Calipari won big at DePaul.

And Pitt soccer was the worst soccer program from a major conference just as DePaul is the worst basketball program from a major conference. It was a perfect example. Pitt hired a HOF level coach and he's winning. Its no surprise just as nobody would be surprised if Calipari won big at DePaul.
Enjoy your evening.

Do you ever think before you post crap like this?

Exactly what about that post do you not agree with?

This is one of the most bizarre threads. I make a 100% accurate point about Pitt hiring a great coach and somehow its gone off the rails.
Come on. You don’t know your reputation here?

You are the king of bizarre

oh shoot Dick Enberg Al McGuire weekend bball on NBC ... Roy Meyer Digger Phelps yep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT