ADVERTISEMENT

No 25 ‘Ship Limits Next 2 Years

yeah man, i dont see the story here. i really dont. as long as 85 is still the ceiling, this is a no big deal. basically lets the programs that got decimated by transfers to get caught up in less time, nothing more..
Here’s the problem. The big-time programs can hoard as many guys as they want. Nothing stopping them from bringing in a 50 man class and then give their “walkons” NIL deals to cover their expenses.

I understand why you say that but I don't see it happening. I don't see anyone wanting to be a 4-star walk-on.
Unless they are real fanboys, I can't see this happening. I mean let's face it, these schools aren't going to have NFL payrolls even if they think they are.

But I do see this and the Addison NIL payment as the beginning of the end for at least half, maybe more, of the Big Time football playing schools.

I think there will be a Premiere League of 48 teams.

4 Conferences of 12 teams each.

Maybe less.

Unless they are real fanboys, I can't see this happening. I mean let's face it, these schools aren't going to have NFL payrolls even if they think they are.

But I do see this and the Addison NIL payment as the beginning of the end for at least half, maybe more, of the Big Time football playing schools.

I think there will be a Premiere League of 48 teams.

4 Conferences of 12 teams each.

Maybe less.
I'm a bit cynical that these wild pay schemes are going to last. There are going to be a lot of things that will hold it back. For one, there will be more failures than we'll ever hear about where a kid underperforms so badly, the booster threw their money away. I also think schools will come at boosters because that's money they're not getting. If donations fall, Big Football U ain't gonna have it. I also don't know what TV would think of a much smaller inventory of games for the same money or even more. We really haven't heard from them. But it's just like anything else, money will only buy you so much. You still have to go out and win. I could be dead wrong but I feel like waiting to see what happens when the pendulum starts to swing back the other way.

I'm a bit cynical that these wild pay schemes are going to last. There are going to be a lot of things that will hold it back. For one, there will be more failures than we'll ever hear about where a kid underperforms so badly, the booster threw their money away. I also think schools will come at boosters because that's money they're not getting. If donations fall, Big Football U ain't gonna have it. I also don't know what TV would think of a much smaller inventory of games for the same money or even more. We really haven't heard from them. But it's just like anything else, money will only buy you so much. You still have to go out and win. I could be dead wrong but I feel like waiting to see what happens when the pendulum starts to swing back the other way.
Can't wait until some of these high picks decide to sit out playoff games with their NIL contracts. I think you will see some lawsuits for "breach" and then how can you then defend this is not "pay for play"?

Can't wait until some of these high picks decide to sit out playoff games with their NIL contracts. I think you will see some lawsuits for "breach" and then how can you then defend this is not "pay for play"?
I don't think "pay for play" means anything in the context of Alston but I don't see a lawsuit because I don't know that there would necessarily be a breach. You're compensating a kid for his NIL so you would have to prove the value diminished, I guess. Maybe if the kid does something heinous but I don't know that sitting for injury or to protect from injury gets you there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT