ADVERTISEMENT

No Bruins opting out?

BLH2P

Scholarship
Mar 19, 2019
It’s a week before game time and while 7-10 Pitt starters won’t be playing, I’ve heard nothing from UCLA players about opting out. You’d think players like DTR and especially Charbonnet would sit.

It also begs the questions of whether we’d actually wanna play a full strength UCLA team.

Reactions: JokePa
It’s a week before game time and while 7-10 Pitt starters won’t be playing, I’ve heard nothing from UCLA players about opting out. You’d think players like DTR and especially Charbonnet would sit.

It also begs the questions of whether we’d actually wanna play a full strength UCLA team.

They will announce the day before or day of the game. It makes no sense for anyone to "announce" they arent playing. Just quit and go train for the NFL but dont announce it until the day before the game. There will obviously be UCLA opt outs.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
You play the team on the schedule with the players you have. The fact is that the transfer portal and NIL have forever changed college football for the worst. Money trumps loyalty and commitment. It has nothing to do with "quitting". It has everything to do with the allure of money and other compensation.

It's no different than a Corporate guy bagging a job they've had for a few years to take a more lucrative offer from a competitor....happens every day

Last edited:
They will announce the day before or day of the game. It makes no sense for anyone to "announce" they arent playing. Just quit and go train for the NFL but dont announce it until the day before the game. There will obviously be UCLA opt outs.
The UCLA coaches know but don’t want Pitt to know that way Pitt spends practice time preparing for players that won’t be playing. Strategy I suppose. 🤷🏻‍♂️

You play the team on the schedule with the players you have. The fact is that the transfer portal and NIL have forever changed college football for the worst. Money trumps loyalty and commitment. It hasn't nothing to do with "quitting". It has everything to do with the allure of money and other compensation.

It's no different than a Corporate guy bagging a job they've had for a few years to take a more lucrative offer from a competitor....happens every day
It may have a lot to do with money and other compensation but that sure doesn’t preclude it from also being quitting.

UCLA has been a pretty pathetic program. Playing Pitt's 2nd team is like playing in the Super Bowl for them.

It's a pointless exhibition. The NCAA would help their cause by moving the bowl games to the conclusion of spring ball.

It certainly wont be a good look for Pitt if we have all these opt outs and they dont. It would look like me not we for a team sport.

It may have a lot to do with money and other compensation but that sure doesn’t preclude it from also being quitting.
It's just the way of the world now....looking out for yourself above all else. You can call it quitting. I'm quite sure they look at it like protecting their future value

They will have guys out, just haven’t announced yet. I don’t expect to see the QB or the RB.

Get the points now if you think Pitt will win, or wait until the opt outs are announced and then take UCLA.

Get the points now if you think Pitt will win, or wait until the opt outs are announced and then take UCLA.
A little too late to get any value out of taking Pitt and the points after it was once 6.5. Went down to 3 on the assumption that DTR wasn’t going to play, sitting at 4.5 now after his press conference where he said he’s still unsure.

I know the guy who is the backup QB for UCLA, he’s my wife’s nephew. It would be cool to see him play against Pitt.

UCLA has been a pretty pathetic program. Playing Pitt's 2nd team is like playing in the Super Bowl for them.

It's a pointless exhibition. The NCAA would help their cause by moving the bowl games to the conclusion of spring ball.
If I hear this BS that "it's a pointless exhibition" one more time I'm going to puke. It's only pointless to individuals who don't care about it. If it's pointless to you, so be it.

It's not pointless to the coaches, players, and many fans who care about every game. It counts on your record. If you want to know what the coaches think, go look up what Narduzzi had to say about the game. Most definitely NOT pointless.

If I hear this BS that "it's a pointless exhibition" one more time I'm going to puke. It's only pointless to individuals who don't care about it. If it's pointless to you, so be it.

It's not pointless to the coaches, players, and many fans who care about every game. It counts on your record. If you want to know what the coaches think, go look up what Narduzzi had to say about the game. Most definitely NOT pointless.
It’s pointless to the players who opt out and quit on the team.

Yawn

How can you possibly say it’s not pointless to the players. I guess you don’t keep up with current affairs or you’d know that more than just a few players have and are pretty much saying that it’s pointless.

How can you possibly say it’s not pointless to the players. I guess you don’t keep up with current affairs or you’d know that more than just a few players have and are pretty much saying that it’s pointless.
It is pointless
Let him puke
Some folks reject reality as a default

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Reactions: jctrack
Yeah my father in law mentioned to me about two days ago DTR was likely to play. Might be a long game for Pitt.

What are you talking about?
Playing Pitt’s 2nd team is like playing in the Super Bowl for them???
I suppose if the regular’s for both teams were playing you think we’d be a 24 to 28 point favorite 🤣🤣🤣

• Wow
Man, shows you how far this program has come under this staff. Really should have beat MSU with our guys all out last year and this year beat UCLA.

Our bench is as good as other P5 team starters

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT