ADVERTISEMENT

No surprise

cruzer

All Conference
Jul 27, 2001
At the beginning of the season, folks were posting that we've turned the corner and the program is now at a different level. I countered by stating that until proven otherwise, I expect reversion to the mean...which is exactly what we're getting. Narduzzi is a stubborn dinosaur. He seems to think you get extra points for racking up rushing yards. Here's a news flash Pat....the only thing that counts is the score. We scored 10 points....10 points! You will win zero football games scoring 10 points. The guy is a 7-5, 6-6, 8-4 coach at best. Last year we had a generational QB, a Blitnikoff winner, and an OC who knew how to use them. We fired the OC, graduated the QB, and lost the WR. Now we're back where we always are. Good thing that Heather extended the Duzz. Another 10 years of this should be fun.

Cruzer

At the beginning of the season, folks were posting that we've turned the corner and the program is now at a different level. I countered by stating that until proven otherwise, I expect reversion to the mean...which is exactly what we're getting. Narduzzi is a stubborn dinosaur. He seems to think you get extra points for racking up rushing yards. Here's a news flash Pat....the only thing that counts is the score. We scored 10 points....10 points! You will win zero football games scoring 10 points. The guy is a 7-5, 6-6, 8-4 coach at best. Last year we had a generational QB, a Blitnikoff winner, and an OC who knew how to use them. We fired the OC, graduated the QB, and lost the WR. Now we're back where we always are. Good thing that Heather extended the Duzz. Another 10 years of this should be fun.

Cruzer
Narduzzi has some good things going for him. He seems like one of us. he wants to be here. He has created stability. He seems to have a decent recruiting pipeline in place. He retains the players he wants (with one big, butunderstandable exception)

He is not a good game day coach. (He has gotten better) He needs good coordinators and needs to defer to them.

He is too stubborn. He is too conservative.

We could do much worse.. I am all for keeping him.

I had great hopes. I knew it was a bit of a long shot after Addison left. But didn’t think it would be such a drop off. It might have been silly to think that way. But, you know what, a sizable number of old and new fans bought in to something special in the off-season. And with it so thoroughly dashed, the season feeling like it’s dead and over barely halfway through, not only do we lose the new fans gained last year, but some of the diehards as well. And with each subsequent 6-6 waste of time season that we appear to face, more of us diehards continue to be lost. You also lose a lot of the students as well. How long can this be sustainable?

ADVERTISEMENT