ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern QB Addition and Pitt Qb Recruiting

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
Northwestern just added for the 2019 season a highly recruited QB transfer from Clemson who will have three years of eligibility . How does this factor into Pitt's recruiting? The QB prospect that Pitt has seemed to recruit the most- Davis Beville, from South Carolina seems to have had major interest from them so that should cool now for both parties.I believe that Beville will visit this weekend along with a good number of Florida prospect so hopefully we will get his verbal along with several from Florida as well. If not we are gonna need a very strong September on the field in order to try to get a good vibe for the 2019 class.

He transferred because he wasn't likely to play at Clemson. It wont have any impact on Beville unless he suddenly turns into a 5* prospect or he wants to pass up scholarships to walk on at Clemson.

Clemson seemingly has their pick of QBs every year.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought it was coming down to Pitt and NW, in which case you would think that it at least couldnt hurt us.

Yes, NU is/was recruiting Beville. The kid may have had some interest in that program. The transfer from Clemson may change that somewhat or perhaps completely. We will likely know pretty soon.

I don't think Clemson is a factor in Beville's recruitment at all. DB may not end up at PITT but it probably will not be because he is holding out for a Clemson offer.

Clemson has more stud QB’s on their roster than Virginia Tech has defensive ends.

I couldn’t resist

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT