ADVERTISEMENT

Not renewing season tickets

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I decided I'm not going to renew simply because there is no way fans are going to be allowed to attend games this fall if there is a season. If something changes drastically, and mass gathetings of 50K-100K are allowed, I will buy them then.

Anyone else taking this approach?

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
There won’t be a season

I can’t see it ... putting young athletes at risk in a contact sport so people can watch on teevee?

no friggen way.

I decided I'm not going to renew simply because there is no way fans are going to be allowed to attend games this fall if there is a season. If something changes drastically, and mass gathetings of 50K-100K are allowed, I will buy them then.

Already renewed.

You never had season tickets you fake.

I doubt you go to games.

Not only will there be a football season With Fans there'll be an MLB baseball season either with or without fans.

If they go no fans the Pirates have already ramped up.

There won’t be a season

I can’t see it ... putting young athletes at risk in a contact sport so people can watch on teevee?

no friggen way.

If this virus is around in Sept we have a lot more serious problems to worry about other than football.

If the economy is shutdown or limited that long it will be crashed so don't worry about buying tickets you wont have enough money.

Stealing them would be an option.

You people are the glass is half empty, afraid of your shadows people, how do you get up, get out of bed and go outside?? Anything could happen??? Bad things.

Last edited:
Mrs Buffett and I always renew immediately when renewal is available.

Everyone should I'm sure Pitt wants to know the numbers.
It's bad cash mgmt but it's for Pitt.
We upgraded our seats along with 8 others who also renewed.

We renew even if we can't go to many games.
One year we had to go to CSU games for various reasons, renewed, gave the tickets away.

Real fans buy tickets regardless!

Who with an iq over 50 would assume no season at this time.
The flu -virus will be gone or under control by that time.

Last edited:

I get it but that is buying into the panic. 1. FB is 5-6 months away and there could be breakthroughs. 2. If that were to happen you would get a refund.

Too bad in the new world cycle of 24 news and opinions it seems everybody is grasping at all the negatives and not looking at the other side as well. We will get through this. Hopefully quickly.

Reactions: Celtsfan
I sometimes enjoy SMF and his out of the box takes.

But here is the issue. Wasnt the renewal deadline a week or so before everything shut down? I mean, I personally always use my tax refund to pay for tix. I am strange in that I usually file the first weekend in feb and renew tix shortly thereafter.

So back my original point. I think the deadline was first week or so in March. Unless you had foresight earlier than most, I would assume most renewed well before coronavirus. I mean, I have at least half a dozen concert tickets already purchased and while most are getting rescheduled, I purchased them before the coronavirus shutdown.

Now that said, I would not begrudge a single person for not purchasing entertainment expenditures right now with so much uncertainty. Especially for those that are not working.

But my guess is pitt has collected most of the renewals for people that truly had tix last year

Imo this is the kickoff for a new era of Pitt football.
I think Pitt football has turned the corner.

This is the perfect time to upgrade seats since there's lots of good seats in good sections.
Our group of 10 was able to move and stay close to eachother.
Once the program takes off this opportunity goes away.
Let non season ticket holders know about this.

We live near Nitterland so we don't know many local Pitt fans.
I buy Pitt car decals about times a year since removing Pitt stuff is a favorite mind building exercise for the white outs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Marty1

I renewed my football season tickets in a timely manner. Obviously you are not a season ticket holder, as the renewal was due prior to the COVID-19 shut down and panic. If for some reason the country is still in a shut down mode come Labor Day weekend, you will have far more to worry about than Pitt football or public gatherings. I was at the ACC Basketball Tournament when it was shut down, mid-tournament. Pitt and the ACC immediately refunded the total purchase price of the tickets to the games that were not played. Obviously everyone has to do what they believe is in their own and family's best health and economic interest...but following your lead I hope is not what the majority choose. Hail to Pitt!

Slipp'in Jimmy Franklin will miss you!

I renewed my football season tickets in a timely manner. Obviously you are not a season ticket holder, as the renewal was due prior to the COVID-19 shut down and panic. If for some reason the country is still in a shut down mode come Labor Day weekend, you will have far more to worry about than Pitt football or public gatherings. I was at the ACC Basketball Tournament when it was shut down, mid-tournament. Pitt and the ACC immediately refunded the total purchase price of the tickets to the games that were not played. Obviously everyone has to do what they believe is in their own and family's best health and economic interest...but following your lead I hope is not what the majority choose. Hail to Pitt!
Correct
He gave up the game

Reactions: ThePanthers

A normal thinking person would make this decision after waiting a while to see what will happen. Also...who cares?

I renewed my football season tickets in a timely manner. Obviously you are not a season ticket holder, as the renewal was due prior to the COVID-19 shut down and panic.

Yeah, I was going to say this. A person who needed to "renew" their season tickets would have known that the original deadline was March 5, and that at the last minute they extended that by a week because of computer problems. Or in other words, before the shutdown started.

Also it should be pointed out that for anyone who chose to use the payment plan to pay for their tickets, Pitt has pushed back the dates that they are taking the last two payments from April 1 and May 1 into June.

Here's the email I got yesterday. Still think I'm not a season ticket holder?

We thank you for your continued support and hope that you and your family are safe and healthy. Especially, during these difficult times. We’ve had to adjust quickly in order to keep our student athletes, coaches, staff and fans safe.

2020 Football Season Tickets

In order to allow our loyal football season ticket members some extra time to renew their football season tickets for the 2020 season, the renewal deadline has been extended from Thursday, March 5 to Wednesday, April 8. Tickets can be renewed online by logging in HERE or visiting www.pittsburghpanthers.com. If you do not plan on renewing your football season tickets, we encourage your feedback as well.

Although the Panthers athletics ticket office is closed for in-person business, our staff is available via phone (1-800-643-7488) and email (tickets@athletics.pitt.edu) during regular business hours. When calling 1-800-643-7488, please press 1 and follow the prompts to leave a message. Your call will be returned promptly. We appreciate your patience as we continue to serve you, while also holding our community’s health and safety as the No. 1 priority.

Hail to Pitt!

Panther Ticket Office
1-800-643-PITT (7488)
tickets@athletics.pitt.edu
Monday – Friday | 9:00am to 5:00pm

Yeah, I was going to say this. A person who needed to "renew" their season tickets would have known that the original deadline was March 5, and that at the last minute they extended that by a week because of computer problems. Or in other words, before the shutdown started.

Also it should be pointed out that for anyone who chose to use the payment plan to pay for their tickets, Pitt has pushed back the dates that they are taking the last two payments from April 1 and May 1 into June.

I have been very honest about when I have and have not been a season ticket holder.

I have had season tickets every year ar Heinz except for the last 2 years of Chryst.

I have been a season ticket holder every year at The Pete except the last 3 or so years of Dixon and Stallings Year 2.

So why not just wait til it’s announced either way? It’s not like they won’t be available in August.

Yea, my point is that I am nearly positive there fans wont be allowed to attend games if there is a season so I'll keep my $1000 or whatever for now. If things change, then I can buy them in August.

I say - without hyperbole - that if everyone was like you, we wouldn't have a football team.....

question...does anyone know when individual tickets can be purchased or the 3 game package. Due to health reasons I need to cut down the number of games this year and would like to get single or reduced number of tickets. Appreciate any help

Yea, my point is that I am nearly positive there fans wont be allowed to attend games if there is a season so I'll keep my $1000 or whatever for now. If things change, then I can buy them in August.
Typically the rule of thumb around this here message board is whatever SMF predicts or says 98% of the time the opposite will happen.

So its 98% for sure there will be fans at the PITT games and lots of them.

Glad you didn't predict the opposite and so is PITT football!

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I’m not sharing SMFs prediction of a football season with no fans. Just can’t do it. A season of college and nfl football in an empty stadium is pointless. Just delay it or cancel the season.

hopefully this mess will be gone and this is a moot point.

If this virus is around in Sept we have a lot more serious problems to worry about other than football.

If the economy is shutdown or limited that long it will be crashed so don't worry about buying tickets you wont have enough money.

Stealing them would be an option.

You people are the glass is half empty, afraid of your shadows people, how do you get up, get out of bed and go outside?? Anything could happen??? Bad things.
Don’t talk to me talk to the virus experts that expect a resurgence in the fall.

I never said the economy won’t be starting back but at this point football in the fall isn’t looking good.

Jesus who’s being the baby here? Those who want their sports entertainment over all or those who think it’s entirely possible 2020 is a lost year sports wise. Take a look around there’s NO sports anywhere right now globally.

I’m not sharing SMFs prediction of a football season with no fans. Just can’t do it. A season of college and nfl football in an empty stadium is pointless. Just delay it cancel the season.

hopefully this mess will be gone and this is a moot point.

It won't be gone until we attain heard immunity or a vaccine is developed. Don't think for a minute that this isn't going to go ballistic again in China, or that is hasn't continued and they just aren't reporting it.

Reactions: Las Panteras

Renewed awhile ago. You've always been a tool when it comes to supporting the University and it's athletics. It's one thing to come on here with your crazy ideas and logic, but you have never done anything to support any of it. For you it has always been about how you can see games, but spend as little as possible. You and countless others who feel similar, are the biggest reason why are athletics just aren't good enough!

It won't be gone until we attain heard immunity or a vaccine is developed. Don't think for a minute that this isn't going to go ballistic again in China, or that is hasn't continued and they just aren't reporting it.
What we can hope for is some kind of proven treatment that can tide us over until a vaccine.

Reactions: PantherDDS
What we can hope for is some kind of proven treatment that can tide us over until a vaccine.

I just posted in the tax refund thread on the football board about spending whatever it takes on a vaccine Manhattan project. You make a good point, throw in treatment options. Whatever the cost, it will be cheaper than the alternative. Forget about bailouts and stimulus checks.

Reactions: PittFamily2
ADVERTISEMENT