ADVERTISEMENT

NTOP's Cliff Notes...

NTOP

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 5, 2001
1. Fun game yesterday. The Pete was like the old BE rivalry days.
2. Every time the Cuse started to separate, we answered.....every time. Finally, toughness.
3. Jamel's shot is really consistent. And he's playing with real swagger.
4. A shout out to James...his early shooting kept us close, and he really forced GMAC II into some bad shots. He's gotten better on defense this year.
5. Mike battled against Christmas, who has made gigantic progress over his career. Still has no range, but should make some $$ as a stopper and garbage scorer. I thought he was a real disappointment for them previously. Good for him....seems like a decent kid.
5.2 Sheldon looked like what we'd hoped for. Fast, bouncy guy who could score & defend a bit inside & out. Just getting some confidence means a lot. Seems like a bright kid...was fun on the postgame show. Hope he keeps that smile he had yesterday. We can create matchup problems if he stays on track.
6. This team is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. We can moan about the flaws....but they really play hard, and now are playing with a chip on their shoulder. Think about the next 2 years with our core of 5 current sophs. Add a couple pieces, get the Johnsons back, and enjoy the ride. We'll host a GameDay or 2.
7. I'm not a fan of monkeying with uniforms, but I'd do the blackout again.....UNC??
8. To the squirrelly naysayers.....there's room on the bandwagon....in steerage.
9. Dixon is a helluva coach....20-12 + whatever we get in Mayberry, RFD.

This post was edited on 2/8 1:19 PM by NTOP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.