ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. State College

bobfree

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2012
Where is everyone going on Friday night?

Saturday to celebrate the win?

If you're staying over, I recommend that you plan to fire up the tailgate for an hour or two after the game while the lots empty out and then head down to the restaurants and bars. Particularly if you are with a mixed group of Pitt and PSU fans. The RV lots will rocking all night.

For those who have not been to State College since 1999 or have never been there, it's grown quite a bit over the last 20 years and is a fantastic college town. The bars and the downtown area in general will be absolutely packed by about 9pm. I don't expect it to get super rowdy like it does after a win over Michigan or OSU following an 8pm start, but everyone is pretty excited about this squad and it will be nice to get this monkey off our back. The mood and atmosphere should be pretty good. I've had a great time hanging out with fans from Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and other schools after both wins and losses. As is always true in life, if you're not looking for trouble you're unlikely to find it.

Regardless of where you go, if you act cool the vast majority of PSU fans will return the favor. You may run into the occasional drunk a-hole that does not know how to be gracious in victory or defeat, but with 100,000+ fans roaming around that's almost unavoidable. However, there are far more of us who will tell that guy to STFU than there are of that type.

I'd suggest refraining from grave desecration or harassing an octogenarian who by all accounts is a very sweet lady, regardless of how you feel about her late husband. That would get ugly real fast, and would be wrong on many levels.

Hope to see some of you there, and that we all have a great weekend.

If you're staying over, I recommend that you plan to fire up the tailgate for an hour or two after the game while the lots empty out and then head down to the restaurants and bars. Particularly if you are with a mixed group of Pitt and PSU fans. The RV lots will rocking all night.

For those who have not been to State College since 1999 or have never been there, it's grown quite a bit over the last 20 years and is a fantastic college town. The bars and the downtown area in general will be absolutely packed by about 9pm. I don't expect it to get super rowdy like it does after a win over Michigan or OSU following an 8pm start, but everyone is pretty excited about this squad and it will be nice to get this monkey off our back. The mood and atmosphere should be pretty good. I've had a great time hanging out with fans from Ohio State, Michigan, Nebraska, and other schools after both wins and losses. As is always true in life, if you're not looking for trouble you're unlikely to find it.

Regardless of where you go, if you act cool the vast majority of PSU fans will return the favor. You may run into the occasional drunk a-hole that does not know how to be gracious in victory or defeat, but with 100,000+ fans roaming around that's almost unavoidable. However, there are far more of us who will tell that guy to STFU than there are of that type.

I'd suggest refraining from grave desecration or harassing an octogenarian who by all accounts is a very sweet lady, regardless of how you feel about her late husband. That would get ugly real fast, and would be wrong on many levels.

Hope to see some of you there, and that we all have a great weekend.

How far is it from the yellow lots into town? Is it possible walk into town after the game and then walk back to the yellow lots (I bought a pre-paid pass)

How far is it from the yellow lots into town? Is it possible walk into town after the game and then walk back to the yellow lots (I bought a pre-paid pass)
Good move buying the pass in advance. The yellow lots are great by the way - that's where the party is. I'll be in the much more laid-back blue lot that comes with our season tickets since I'm taking my family to this one, but my heart is always in the yellow lots! Try to approach from the south on University Drive via Rt 26 or the west on Park Ave vis Rt 322. From the north and sometime the east they might put you in these crappy fields that are un-moved and on a fairly steep incline. Those field suck for both atmosphere and comfort. Get there between 8am and 10am if you can.

It's a 20+ minute walk to College Ave, as the yellow lots are on the far north side of campus. I'm not sure how long you're allowed to leave a car there after the game ends, but as long as you're not planning to close down the bars you should be ok. I'll try to find out and will report back on this thread if I can. You definitely cannot park there overnight.

I know many of you hate us and all things PSU, but big game days (and this is a big one, given last year's loss and our expectations this year) are a true spectacle and you'll really enjoy yourself if you go in wanting to and expecting to.

Good move buying the pass in advance. The yellow lots are great by the way - that's where the party is. I'll be in the much more laid-back blue lot that comes with our season tickets since I'm taking my family to this one, but my heart is always in the yellow lots! Try to approach from the south on University Drive via Rt 26 or the west on Park Ave vis Rt 322. From the north and sometime the east they might put you in these crappy fields that are un-moved and on a fairly steep incline. Those field suck for both atmosphere and comfort. Get there between 8am and 10am if you can.

It's a 20+ minute walk to College Ave, as the yellow lots are on the far north side of campus. I'm not sure how long you're allowed to leave a car there after the game ends, but as long as you're not planning to close down the bars you should be ok. I'll try to find out and will report back on this thread if I can. You definitely cannot park there overnight.

I know many of you hate us and all things PSU, but big game days (and this is a big one, given last year's loss and our expectations this year) are a true spectacle and you'll really enjoy yourself if you go in wanting to and expecting to.

Hey I'm an old guy so the laid back lot might be more my speed!

I park at the Shields Building at Curtin & University Drive. The clown patrol has University Dr blocked off at the aforementioned intersection.
Oh, right, I was thinking of Porter Rd. If you come up Porter I guess it's a crap shoot whether they have you turn right and park near the Ag Arena or left to go to the Intramural Fields, and if you come in from the East on Park ave via the 322 bypass they are going to put you into the Ag area. I definitely prefer tailgating on the IM fields.

Hey I'm an old guy so the laid back lot might be more my speed!
Try this link. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=40.81313927374014,-77.85608416242673&z=15

Lot 12 is by far my favorite, and lots 17 and 18 are the ones I don't like at all. Come up Atherton and turn on W. Park Ave on the West side of campus near Rec Hall and (gasp) the Nittany Lion Shrine. Lots 21, 23, 24 aren't bad if you have to come in from the East on 322 bypass, but that makes for a loooong walk to downtown SC. Looks like they are shutting down access to the yellow lots from Porter Rd off of 26. They change this crap up every year.

I vote the lion statue. We can use that area similar to the steps in d.c. after penguin wins. We can even dress up the lion with proper pitt gear to make him more presentable.

Are you planning to tailgate? If not I would recommend parking on one of the on campus garages. Either the Eisenhower or East Parking Decks have convenient locations. Eisenhower is closer to downtown area. They will also take your parking permit. From either one it a short walk to the stadium or down town. If you want you can even take the free campus loop to downtown.

To get to the Eisenhower Parking Deck you will want to come down Atherton Street and then turn on to Curtain road. Then make a right on Bigler and then make the next right on to Eisenhower. The garage will be on your left.

To get to the East Parking Deck you will want to come down Atherton Street and then turn on to park avenue. Then make a right on Bigler and the garage will be on the right.

East parking deck is labeled EAP on the map and the Eisenhower parking deck is EPD.
http://www.map.psu.edu/
http://www.geog.psu.edu/sites/default/files/2016_PSU_LG18x24_map.pdf

Love your spirit bro but don't share it this week.....
Not in the cards.

Also you have great pic there, that's what's it's all about ain't it?

Closer than the experts think!

It really is my man, I'm beyond blessed.

Reactions: paulbl99
I'm actually staying on College Ave about a mile from the Stadium. We will be out Friday and Saturday nights if anyone wants to grab a cold one.

If it rains, all bets are off. Not sure where the shuttles run from anymore. Just know there is a lot less parking now and if they start closing the fields for rain, it's not even worth trying to park close.
curious if Irma's projected path runs thru central pa by Saturday? Too early to tell but not all that unrealistic..

The forecast high temperature is just about the same as the over/under on the game...looks like a perfect day for tailgating and football. I'll take the under on the temperature and the over on the combined score.

You can leave your car in the parking lot over night. You'll see plenty of people leaving their cars there and some people even sleeping in their cars, especially for later games with a bit more imbibing.

I live in creepy valley. Just head home or to the hotel. This time of year, this place is nothing but frat kids acting out and meth/opioid addicts. Only good thing is panhandling like hasn't really set in yet.

I vote the lion statue. We can use that area similar to the steps in d.c. after penguin wins. We can even dress up the lion with proper pitt gear to make him more presentable.

IF we beat them.....I expect all of you going to this game to gather at the statue and do this....

ADVERTISEMENT