ADVERTISEMENT

Off the wall

I have zero issue with this as long as they aren't paying him anywhere near what he was asking.

No need for him now. If short term, Landry is cheap and capable. If long term, i'd look at Cutler, RG3, Kaepernick. Not much left.

I hope the Steelers extend Ranger and Tuitt with the available cap space.

The read option doesn't work anymore in the NFL and Jim Harbaugh is at Michigan, so Kap is pretty much shit out of luck because he can't throw.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Would there be an issue with Villanueva ?

Doubt it. In the end, everyone wants to win. I dislike several people I work with and a few of them are horrible human beings. But it's not my call and I'm getting paid.

Was no bid deal to sign Vick even though most people couldn't stand the guy but the team did it to give them the best chance to win. Kap won't be a problem either.

I'd sign him if he was willing to take same salary as Landry Jones. I would not sign him though if it ate up any additional cap space. He is clearly better than Landry Jones but I think the money, even a small amount, can/should be used toward extending guys like Villanevua, Tuitt, etc..

Got no issues with his political views. Might not agree with them entirely but at least this guy puts his money where his mouth is. He has donated more money and time to various causes than half the league combined probably.

nothing more than Souf trying to stir the political pot here......

But, its the Steelers........So the entire discussion is moot.

Reactions: paulbl99
More like , we have a qb who gets injured and is contemplating retirement... and Landry Jones is hot garbage.
Except the latter isn't true and Kapernick would require a completely different offense to be even remotely successful. So, even if the money worked, it most definitely wouldn't be worth the controversy.

We signed Mike Vick.......so it would not be out of line. If the price is right...fine. If not? No.

Can't really put Kapernick anywhere near Mike Vick territory. Not a fan of what Kap did but he didn't commit a crime. I would get his assurance that he wouldn't do it again though. Can't have a backup QB creating controversy.

Landry Jones is pretty weak as a backup. I have no confidence that he can compete and win in a big situation. I was done with him after his brief but awful performance in the WC game two seasons ago. He cost us that game if not for the stupidity of Burfict and Jones.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Throwing off his back foot.
I'd sign Kaepernick. I don't care for his politics, but he might not care for mine either.
True but he should keep his politics to himself while he's being paid to play football and fans are paying to watch sports not politics!
If he would like to make political statements, make them on his own time, using his money, in the proper setting!
I dont think I've noticed you at Heinz with your political signs or taking a knee during the National Anthem?

It's not?
Opinion can differ but he's very inadequate at best
Actually, as a backup he is very adequate and when you consider salary, he is a very good value. NFL has a salary cap and spending money or high draft picks on backup QBs is proven to be a very poor strategy.

I'd sign him if he was willing to take same salary as Landry Jones. I would not sign him though if it ate up any additional cap space. He is clearly better than Landry Jones but I think the money, even a small amount, can/should be used toward extending guys like Villanevua, Tuitt, etc..
I'd agree with this. If he'd come cheap, then I'd take him.

They won't though. Landry Jones is their backup whether we like it or not. Dobbs is 100% going to be on the team. The only alternative scenario possible is if Dobbs beats out jones for #2. If in that case they for some reason just part ways with jones altogether, they will sign someone of a much less caliber than kaepernick.

Question. If you are the Steelers, would you trade Brown at the end of the season for the number one overall pick to get Darnold?

Do you really not know the answer to that? I'm not even trying to be a smart ass, just simply asking.
uh, no, that is why I asked. Does it have something to do with him being white and not understanding?

Last edited:
uh, no, that is why I asked. Does it have something to do with him being white and not understanding?
Lol no. He served in the army. So obviously he would not be very pleased to see kaepernick protesting the anthem.

Question. If you are the Steelers, would you trade Brown at the end of the season for the number one overall pick to get Darnold?

I want to see what he does this season before saying yes to that deal, but with no cap ramifications and if he looks like the next franchise guy, you absolutely make that trade. Now, if the GM who owned the No. 1 pick actually made that trade, they'd be fired on the spot.

Reactions: Las Panteras
The steelers would have to throw in say a number 2.

But if Darnold is the franchise QB i still make the deal.

And Darnold could be complimented by a 1000 yard rusher named Connor;)

Lol no. He served in the army. So obviously he would not be very pleased to see kaepernick protesting the anthem.
Uh, still don't get it. Why would one American (in military) feel more disrespect than another American (non-military) when someone pisses on the anthem? Seems to me a guy who put his life on the line for people to freely act like idiots would be less inclined to be pissed at someone doing so.

Uh, still don't get it. Why would one American (in military) feel more disrespect than another American (non-military) when someone pisses on the anthem? Seems to me a guy who put his life on the line for people to freely act like idiots would be less inclined to be pissed at someone doing so.
people who serve in the military, who risked their lives for this country, tend to be a bit more patriotic and respectful to the flag than your typical citizen. Do you really not get it? I mean is this concept really hard for you to grasp? it seems pretty simple concept here.

Look, I think we ALL need maybe to step back a little from the politics and go on with our lives. This is not going to be well received on one side of the ledger, but what I don't like is when one side expresses their political views they are expressing their views via the 1st Amendment, celebrating free speech, and standing for something, when someone from another side of the ledge would do the same, they are hateful, xenophobic, homophobic and racist.

My god the Left has packaged "free speech" pretty well in their favor.

Reactions: Las Panteras
people who serve in the military, who risked their lives for this country, tend to be a bit more patriotic and respectful to the flag than your typical citizen. Do you really not get it? I mean is this concept really hard for you to grasp? it seems pretty simple concept here.

Here's the way I view it. I applaud those who defend freedom. That they deserve respect and they show respect for the symbols of freedom and this country. HOWEVER, if someone who wants to protest and show discontent for whatever, can't do that because he is being "disrespectful", then what the hell is this "free speech" that these guys have fought for so valuable if you can't use it?

Here's the way I view it. I applaud those who defend freedom. That they deserve respect and they show respect for the symbols of freedom and this country. HOWEVER, if someone who wants to protest and show discontent for whatever, can't do that because he is being "disrespectful", then what the hell is this "free speech" that these guys have fought for so valuable if you can't use it?
no one is saying he cant do it, this guy was asking about the possible conflict.

dude, this story is sooo old.. he wasn't the first athlete to do this, it's been done time and time before. hell, my man Chris Jackson from LSU was doing this in the early 90's, 25+ years ago.. he sucks and he is a headache off the field. if he was good, he'd be worth the headache but why would a team bring on a headache if he sucks? What would be the point of that? it's the hangover without the fun times the night before. its having the girlfriend want to cuddle with you after she told you she wont bang you. you cant have one without the other, there is no point..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT