ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Starters and Backups

There isn't anything about that depth chart surprising other than Terrence Moore falling behind Williams. Not that Ourlads is always perfect.

I do think they will find ways to get Baer more involved. I believe they'll shuffle things if someone goes down and put Baer in.

Collier is probably doomed to the second team. He'll play but unless there are a lot of injuries, he won't play a lot.

Doesn't look too inaccurate. I think it's possible Baer either replaces Taylor at LT or plays RT and kicks Goncalves to G in place of Jacoby.

And just my opinion, but the season might hinge on a true freshman receivers being like a 750-yard guy who can possible replace Reynolds as a starter. I don't see how we can move the ball otherwise. We lost our home run back and our best receiver, and our offense wasn't all that great last season. I think we'll also, particularly at the beginning, run a lot of double TE and/or 6 linemen stuff and really just try to stuff it down teams' throats and then hit the occasional play action.

Mumpfield and Means will be different players this season, very confident in saying that.
Slovis was the qb last season, so there is a major reason the offense wasn't that good. He had concrete shoes on .
Jurkovec with Cigs again and knowing its his last year will be significant.
Hammond is a great RB , just has to stay healthy. The Oline has some depth and TE group is solid.

Mumpfield and Means will be different players this season, very confident in saying that.
Slovis was the qb last season, so there is a major reason the offense wasn't that good. He had concrete shoes on .
Hammond is a great RB , just has to stay healthy. The Oline has some depth and TE group is solid.
Who do you think will get the most carries behind Hammond?

I have nothing against the guy, I just think he isn't Duzz favorite.
2nd string my guess is because he is a returning player.

Not sure Whitlock is still on the team. K. Johnson will be way up the WR depth chart as the season progresses. Moore is the #2 center. Speculation here, but Baer sees the field somehow.

Reactions: Celtsfan
And I think he fumbled once and got in the dog house for a bit.
That never seemed to slow down the love Duzz had for Vinny Davis tho.

Phil Steele depth chart has Izzy Polk starting over Daejon. I know Phil typically talks directly to the head coach so he could have inside info. Overall I think it's a solid line up and I am hoping Bub/Konata make huge strides.

Phil Steele depth chart has Izzy Polk starting over Daejon. I know Phil typically talks directly to the head coach so he could have inside info. Overall I think it's a solid line up and I am hoping Bub/Konata make huge strides.
That would be a pleasant surprise if one or two of the freshman WRs forces their way into the lineup. I do think Johnson is only where he is because he wasn’t an early enrollee. Che is a RS freshman, but it would be awesome if he got even close to a Dietrich Jells type burner to take the lid off coverage. Coming from CA, Polk is kind of under our radar as fans, so who knows.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Polk played a lot in the spring game. I was kinda surprised, so they might see something in him we don't know about.

Doesn't look too inaccurate. I think it's possible Baer either replaces Taylor at LT or plays RT and kicks Goncalves to G in place of Jacoby.
The love Taylor so I think moving Goncalves inside would make more sense. Zubovic has been shaky at times against bigger DL-men but he has improved.

I'd look for Kradel to start getting some love from pro scouts if he keeps improving.

Honestly, an injury almost always forces your hand with OL.

The love Taylor so I think moving Goncalves inside would make more sense. Zubovic has been shaky at times against bigger DL-men but he has improved.

I'd look for Kradel to start getting some love from pro scouts if he keeps improving.

Honestly, an injury almost always forces your hand with OL.

Yeah, I was thinking the same in regards to injuries. Like we can speculate and pontificate and postulate (Jackie Chiles attempt) all we want, but unfortunately something(s) is/are going to happen between now and the end of the season.

Reactions: pittdan77
Davis absolutely got dinged for a fumbled at some point.
To me as a fan VD illicited very strange emotions. Cognitively I realized and respected his skills and speed and his value. But emotionally I NEVER wanted to see him in the game, I ALWAYS thought whoever else we had was a better option…Izzy, Hammond, C’Bo, name it. I’m not even trying to argue it made sense. It’s just how he triggered my emotions during a game.

Steele’s projected depth charts are notorious for going with the recruiting class ranking if there’s any doubt.

Which is probably one reason why he got so good at projecting teams, he was one of the first to really say recruiting class rankings matter.

But it’s also why his depth charts at like a micro level, can just be so laughable sometimes to look back on.

Banking on QBs to have 180s their senior year compared to the previous 3 years, is a risky bet.

I think maybe because KP did it recently, a lot of fans think it’s common. You can even go to threads at this time last year with people arguing Slovis would do a 180, and using KP as a reason why.

I think if PJ just plays at an average level, you take that. Unlike Slovis, I’m not sure PJ has even graded out as an average QB up to this point in his career. So simply being a solid starter would actually be an improvement.

Asking for more than that is probably not going to happen.

I agree with this, they looked good with Patti throwing to them so with JURK they should be SOLID. Reynolds is an unknown and I look for Johnson to CONTRIBUTE. Weather the lair idiots like it or not, I look for mcconnachie(spelling) to CONTRIBUTE!! Big, physical receiver, will block well, run good routes and good ✋ hands!! Shannahan type receiver!!

I agree with this, they looked good with Patti throwing to them so with JURK they should be SOLID. Reynolds is an unknown and I look for Johnson to CONTRIBUTE. Weather the lair idiots like it or not, I look for mcconnachie(spelling) to CONTRIBUTE!! Big, physical receiver, will block well, run good routes and good ✋ hands!! Shannahan type receiver!!
Lair idiots??? I am deeply offended. Lol

Very bold and precise predictions. Four competent receivers would be a blessing based on our expected options this year. I hope you are indeed a prophet.

A change at QB could be the remedy for Means and Mumpfield. If a receiver eventually accepts as fact that his QB won't find him when he's open, his effort will wane and no chemistry will develop.

My man said “*Weather* the lair idiots like it or not”

Not I. I've been called way worse here! It's a tough crowd, lemme tell ya.
The reason behind that was, whenever you say A WALK ON is going to be a big contributor, the lair idiots come out and BLAST YOU!! Wasn't INTENDED for you guys. 😂 LOL

Reactions: Pittisit4me
The reason behind that was, whenever you say A WALK ON is going to be a big contributor, the lair idiots come out and BLAST YOU!! Wasn't INTENDED for you guys. 😂 LOL
I was just playing, but if these newbies line up for 5 to 10 plays a game and catch 3 out of each 5 balls tossed their way, I will call that contributing. I just hate seeing dropped passes when catchable.

I kinda wish we were starting out with more patsies scheduled so that more new players can get reps early on.

I was just playing, but if these newbies line up for 5 to 10 plays a game and catch 3 out of each 5 balls tossed their way, I will call that contributing. I just hate seeing dropped passes when catchable.

I kinda wish we were starting out with more patsies scheduled so that more new players can get reps early on.
I wouldn't call west Virginia a patsy because it's down there but wofford and Cincinnati should be easy WINS!!!

I wouldn't call west Virginia a patsy because it's down there but wofford and Cincinnati should be easy WINS!!!

WVU is so bad, that this is essentially it for Brown. He finds a way to win this year or he’s fired.

There are obviously easier teams to beat. But a team so bad the coach is on his way out, should be a pretty easy win.

WVU is so bad, that this is essentially it for Brown. He finds a way to win this year or he’s fired.

There are obviously easier teams to beat. But a team so bad the coach is on his way out, should be a pretty easy win.
I definitely hope your RIGHT!! We haven't had a lot of SUCCESS there the last few times there!!

There is no way we could go into their building and win easily. They could play us down there without a coach and we wouldn't win easily. I just want a one point win, and it won't come easy. Did you forget it took a pic 6 to pull out last year's game up here?

Quite the contrary. I only view Wofford as a patsy. Cincinnati and WVU might be down, but I consider those as legit tests.

I wish the Wofford game were followed by a lower tier MAC school and another FCS team. 🙂

I have always thought that Jake Mcconnachie would contribute. He is big and athletic off the charts. If he has decent hands he will win the 50-50 catches.
He won the slam dunk competition at camp a few years back. His dunk was pretty sweet, and showed he has some tools to work with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT