ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma State On The Verge Of Greatness, Best Offense In The Country, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Once again, Pitt Faces the Two Best Teams on its Schedule in Game #2 at Penn State, and #3 at Home in Oklahoma State and Two of the Best QBs in the 2017 College Football loaded with talent around them. Some Pitt will be blown away, others say they will be close Games, and some more say Pitt can Play with anyone. All I know right now, if Pitt beats both, splits, or goes done tough but shy of a win, it is a good sign of more to come. If its gets blown away the thing to judge is how Pitt comebacks and right now I have no clue until i see how OC Watson and QB Browne work out in August?

I fully expect Pitt Coaches and Players will give both a great game, but we must wait and see if those unknowns become September Surprises or September Losses? Once again, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State show how to Hate Each Other in College Football and Respect Each Other, To Bad Joseph Vincent Paterno did not learn it, when he ended a Series that carried Historic Significance out of his own Selfish Ego, but paid it for it later with his Legacy of Ashes!

Here is what CBS Sports think on OKST, so I read it and posted it to share it on the Lair!
Excerpt:
Oklahoma State has the best offense in the country for 2017, but can it win the Big 12?
Mike Gundy and the Cowboys know there's one monster they have to contend with in their own state

First, you have to be comfortable with blood rivals sharing space, beers, taunts and selfies -- which many aren't. "People say it takes away from the rivalry when they see pictures from the trip," Rudolph said. "I think it enhances the rivalry. We hate those guys that much more."................The bleep-talkin' is what makes the Bedlam series special. It's also what makes the following -- for some -- so hard to swallow:
Forget a Heisman finalist and back-to-back conference titles residing down the road, Oklahoma State just might have the best offense in the country. In this age, this place and this conference, that's a hell of a place to start transitioning from the sand to the spread...........Oklahoma State is entirely comfortable in its own skin, riding an outspoken (and, he says, underappreciated) head coach and a next-big-thing offensive coordinator. Pistols firing? Bring it on for an offense that was outscored by only nine other Power Five teams last year...............Oklahoma can have its Heisman finalist (Mayfield). It, however, doesn't have high-powered tailbacks Samaje Perine and Joe Mixon anymore. For that matter, national champion Clemson lost the guts of its offense that scored the most Power Five touchdowns in the country (78). Last season, the Cowboys were one of two Power Five offenses to have a 4,000-yard passer (Rudolph), a 1,000-yard rusher (Justice Hill) and a 1,000-yard receiver (James Washington)...................Resilient slot receiver Jalen McCleskey led the team with 73 catches. Trusty possession receiver Marcel Ateman returns from an injury. They're really excited about former five-star LSU transfer Tyron Johnson. "If there is a better receiving corps in the country, I'd like to see them," said offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich........"We feel like it's our turn," Rudolph said. "It's our year." Fine, but is it the Cowboys' state? OU may have changed coaches but it will still be favored in the Big 12..................
LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...e-country-for-2017-but-can-it-win-the-big-12/

Last edited:
Oh, by the way a Local Fellow is Oklahoma State's OC and was once a Quiet Candidate to become Pitt OC a while back, a few Posters noted it way back in 2004, 2011, 2013, 2015, Tell Me Again, Why The Lair In Sharing Is The Best Place To Learn College Football On Rivals, due to posters like Chris Peak attracts here on the Lair and not limited to Pitt's Best & Brightest, but Michigan, USC, Alabama, ECU, Penn State, WVU, Temple, LSU, Michigan State, VT, Stanford, , UNC, Ohio State, BC, and many more as well.
Mike Yurcich OKST OC:
He graduated from California University (of Pennsylvania) and played QB there. He got his Master of Education from Saint Francis (Indiana) (he was a grad assistant briefly at Indiana) then moved on to Edinboro University (Pennsylvania) where he was the OC. He became the OC at Shippensburg University in Shippensburg, PA in 2011. Now, as of today, he runs one of the best D1 offenses in the country.
LINK:
https://pistolsfiringblog.com/oklahoma-state-hires-mike-yurcich-as-new-offensive-coordinator/

PANTHERLAIR RIVALS ARCHIVES:
https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.com/threads/mike-yurich-oc-candidate.106550/

Last edited:
More Links To Think for Pitt's Upcoming Season Challengers and against Top Players Pitt must beat on the GridIron on Game Day.................

CBS Big-12 Vegas Win Total Predictions:
Oklahoma State -- 9 (Push): The Cowboys will be the trendy team to win the conference, and with good reason. The trio of quarterback Mason Rudolph, running back Justice Hill and receiver James Washington is as formidable as any. And the hardest game Oklahoma State has on paper -- vs. its Bedlam rival -- is at home. Road games at Pittsburgh, Texas Tech, Texas and West Virginia before November will be interesting to watch. If the Pokes can navigate through that stretch, though, another double-digit winning season is very much in order.

LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...-2017-oklahoma-oklahoma-state-and-the-big-12/

2017 All-Big 12 Team & Top 30 Players
2. QB Mason Rudolph, Sr. Oklahoma St (Wish He Would Have Gone Pro)
3. WR – James Washington, Sr. Oklahoma St (Hard To Stop)
13. OL – Zach Crabtree, Sr. Oklahoma S
t (Protects Mason)
S – Tre Flowers, Sr. Oklahoma State (Great Run Stopper)

LINK:
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/cfn-all-big-12-team-top-30-players-preview-2017

Making plays on the over/under for all 14 teams in the Big Ten
Penn State -- 10 (Under): The truth is that I predict a push here, but I'm not making it the pick. So my choice now is whether I believe Penn State will have an exceptional year where everything goes right or if it will have a season where something goes wrong, be it a major injury or an unexpected loss. Well, I know how things usually go for teams in that regard, so I'm taking the under. A 9-3 record just seems more likely than 11-1.
LINK:
http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...icks-for-ohio-state-michigan-and-the-big-ten/

2017 All-Big Ten Team & Top 30 Players
3. RB Saquon Barkley, Jr. Penn State (Many Say Best Back In CFB)
4. S Marcus Allen, Sr. Penn State (Future NFL All Pro)
11. QB Trace McSorley, Jr. Penn State (Has To Be Even Better In 2017)
15. TE Mike Gesicki, Sr. Penn State (Biggest Safety Value Weapon For PSU Offense)
30. LB Jason Cabinda, Sr. Penn State (Smart & Sure Tackler)

LINK :
http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/cfn-all-big-ten-team-top-30-players-preview-2017

Last edited:
What do you mean by this?? Clemson was by far the best team we faced last year and it wasn't in week 2 or 3??
It is about 2017 Schedule not 2016! Penn State and Oklahoma State will be Ranked Higher than Miami, UNC, VT, GT, or anyone else on Pitt Schedule 2017.

It is about 2017 Schedule not 2016! Penn State and Oklahoma State will be Ranked Higher than Miami, UNC, VT, GT, or anyone else on Pitt Schedule 2017.

Also, they will be ranked higher in the PRESEASON only...(which is meaningless) Miami has much more talent than either one and I expect them to be a top 5 team and make the ACC champ game this year.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
What do you mean by this?? Clemson was by far the best team we faced last year and it wasn't in week 2 or 3??

To be 100% honest penn state wasn't in the top 5 teams we faced last year. Just from what we saw. We manhandled both lines against them. Hope we can somehow do that again without biz, Johnson and price. We have some serious gaps on our team. Penn state is easily the most overrated team from their great record against a subpar schedule, but Oklahoma state may well be greatly underrated. I'm hoping for a monsoon to hit that weekend

Also, they will be ranked higher in the PRESEASON only...(which is meaningless) Miami has much more talent than either one and I expect them to be a top 5 team and make the ACC champ game this year.
I won't disagree, Vegas Odds Makers have said Miami may be the biggest surprise of the season and ready to win ACC Coastal for the first time?

Still, Penn state has more Starters Back than Miami and Miami has a NEW QB and Canes play against FSU & ND!

Ok state brings back their qb and both wrs, I think. we soon shall find out how our DB's/CB's have improved, if at all. lets hope for one of those late September hurricanes coming up the coast and hit us just at the right time. well not the hurricane of course, maybe the tail end storm or two stemming from it..

I won't disagree, Vegas Odds Makers have said Miami may be the biggest surprise of the season and ready to win ACC Coastal for the first time?

Still, Penn state has more Starters Back than Miami and Miami has a NEW QB and Canes play against FSU & ND!

You are giving penn state way too much credit...

They weren't even competative against Michigan and their game against osu was a buckeye meltdown, filled with several special teams miracles. They are the 3rd best team in the B1G and probably 4th or 5th best in the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT