ADVERTISEMENT

Old Cards

JohnTurman

Walk-on
Nov 18, 2017

found these gems going thru my old cards today. Great uniforms.

Anyone know what to do with old trading cards besides trash them?

Send the Spindler card to his son and tell him we got the same colors back that his dad played in and he can look just as good as his dad did in those colors.
I’ll do that. Is his kid a recruit? Obvious question probably. Where does play?

I’ll do that. Is his kid a recruit? Obvious question probably. Where does play?
Better not be a booster or Alumni. Your starting down a slippery slope, especially if he is a high profile recruit

Yes, Rocco Spindler. 4 star out of Michigan.
Absolutely zero chance with that kid. Pitt is not and never will be in the picture for him. Spindler has lived in Clarkston MI since about 1990, his wife is from metro Detroit, his kids were born there, he owns a big hunting property in northern Michigan, and he and his family are firmly entrenched there.

In the bigger picture, Spindler was a product of the Golden Panther era and was one of the players that was believed to have been associated with them. He left Pitt a year early just as the program was coming under some scrutiny. He has some bitterness about the way he was treated by Pitt after he left and has no love for the school or program.

Here’s an excerpt from an interview he gave several years ago:

Because he spent most of his career in Detroit and lives in nearby Clarkston, Mich., he remains a Lions fan. Not so much with the Pitt Panthers. Because he left a year early before that was common, he was persona non grata around the Pitt campus.

“It’s unfortunate to go from being a guy they built a program around to being more or less blackballed,” Spindler said. “That really hurt me. For a while, it looked like Dave Wannstedt was reaching out, but when he was fired, that ended.”

It will be Michigan or ND for his son, their coaches have been close to him since he was a freshman and you can pretty much put it in the bank. That said, sending the kid his dad’s old playing card is a nice gesture, although I’m sure Spindler has a few of them.

Absolutely zero chance with that kid. Pitt is not and never will be in the picture for him. Spindler has lived in Clarkston MI since about 1990, his wife is from metro Detroit, his kids were born there, he owns a big hunting property in northern Michigan, and he and his family are firmly entrenched there.

In the bigger picture, Spindler was a product of the Golden Panther era and was one of the players that was believed to have been associated with them. He left Pitt a year early just as the program was coming under some scrutiny. He has some bitterness about the way he was treated by Pitt after he left and has no love for the school or program.

Because he spent most of his career in Detroit and lives in nearby Clarkston, Mich., he remains a Lions fan. Not so much with the Pitt Panthers. Because he left a year early before that was common, he was persona non grata around the Pitt campus.

“It’s unfortunate to go from being a guy they built a program around to being more or less blackballed,” Spindler said. “That really hurt me. For a while, it looked like Dave Wannstedt was reaching out, but when he was fired, that ended.”

It will be Michigan or ND for his son, their coaches have been close to him since he was a freshman and you can pretty much put it in the bank. That said, sending the kid his dad’s old playing card is a nice gesture, although I’m sure Spindler has a few of them.
Yea...never said he was going to Pitt.

What? The hell you say. The University of Pittsburgh turning its back on one of its loyal sons? Never. Never would they do this! LOL

One reason for a legacy having no interest in Pitt is as good as all the others I guess. Its comical how stupid Pitt football has been for so long.

One reason for a legacy having no interest in Pitt is as good as all the others I guess. Its comical how stupid Pitt football has been for so long.
Cant wait until he commits so I can laugh at you .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT