ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Team

Gilman
Dake
Taylor
Snyder
Gable

Wrestling starts Saturday I believe

Dake and Taylor are favorites, I think Gable wins gold, Snyder has a shot at gold but should definitely medal, and with Gilman I have no idea.

Reactions: lucac
Gillman - is a toss up depending on his draw
Dake - I think wins but Sidakov and Chamizo are tough
Taylor - it's him or Yazdahni and I like DT to take that match again
Snyder - I'd expect to medal but it's hard to pick against Saduliev at this point.
Gable - I don't pick against Gable ever but Heavyweight is stacked this year still I would bet him to take gold

Reactions: kyfra and _DBHoops
Women's team is stacked as well

Winchester
Hilldabrant
Miracle
Helen
Mensah-Stock
Grey

Gillman - is a toss up depending on his draw
Dake - I think wins but Sidakov and Chamizo are tough
Taylor - it's him or Yazdahni and I like DT to take that match again
Snyder - I'd expect to medal but it's hard to pick against Saduliev at this point.
Gable - I don't pick against Gable ever but Heavyweight is stacked this year still I would bet him to take gold
I am excited to see Snyder's game plan against Saduliev. If Snyder can weather the first 2 minutes and turn it into a gas tank match he wins.

I am excited to see Snyder's game plan against Saduliev. If Snyder can weather the first 2 minutes and turn it into a gas tank match he wins.

I agree that's his best way forward for sure just stick with him and slowly gas him out throughout the match.

I agree that's his best way forward for sure just stick with him and slowly gas him out throughout the match.
I wouldn't be shocked if the men don't win a gold. I think Taylor will win, but Yazdani is still very good. But if I were to bet, I'd take Sidakov, although you can get great odds on Chamizo. I don't see Gilman or Snyder winning. Steveson is the wildcard. He has the talent, but we don't really know where he stands with 1 and 1a, Akgul and Petroshvili.

The women's team is stacked, but at the lower weights the Japanese are fantastic. I think Mensah-Stock is a lock, and Grey is also very hard to beat (unless your name is Tamyra Mensah-Stock).

I wouldn't be shocked if the men don't win a gold. I think Taylor will win, but Yazdani is still very good. But if I were to bet, I'd take Sidakov, although you can get great odds on Chamizo. I don't see Gilman or Snyder winning. Steveson is the wildcard. He has the talent, but we don't really know where he stands with 1 and 1a, Akgul and Petroshvili.

The women's team is stacked, but at the lower weights the Japanese are fantastic. I think Mensah-Stock is a lock, and Grey is also very hard to beat (unless your name is Tamyra Mensah-Stock).

I am dating myself. I saw the word stacked and thought of something else.

Reactions: goalieman

Winning 3 or more golds would be historic and the odds say it won't happen but I can't see where they don't win a single gold medal. A lot will depend on the brackets but I can't see both Dake and Taylor both losing.

It's possible they don't win one but Taylor should be a pretty big favorite Yazdahni is really good but DT is on another level innthat weight class right now. I could easily him being the only one although it's hard to bet against Kyle Dake as well. I agree on Snyder I don't thinknhe wins but I'm trying to be optimistic lol but I think he's probably the 3rd best guy in the bracket maybe 2nd if you think his @ss kicking against Mohammadean was a fluke

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT