ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Team

Dallas Burgher

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
What are the expectations for our Olympic Wrestling Team? I have lost track of the current members.

My expectations:
Spencer Lee-Gold
Zain Retherford-Gold
Kyle Dake-Gold
Aaron Brooks-Silver
Kyle Snyder-Silver
Mason Paris-Bronze

Reactions: jctrack
Zain and Spencer are tough to predict with 65kg being loaded even without Russia and Spencer being off the international scene for so long.

Dake is now the favorite
Brooks vs Yazdani will be interesting because their styles are so similar
Snyder will medal
I want to Mason vs Zare again but Mason should medal.

My expectations:
Spencer Lee-Gold
Zain Retherford-Gold
Kyle Dake-Gold
Aaron Brooks-Silver
Kyle Snyder-Silver
Mason Paris-Bronze
I don't think the US has ever that good a showing in the Olympics but I would be ecstatic if this happened.

Reactions: bwh05
Excited to watch. Love Olympic wrestling. This group has chance to bring back one of the best group of medals.

I don't think the US has ever that good a showing in the Olympics but I would be ecstatic if this happened.
USA always does well in freestyle wrestling at the Olympics. They are one of the top teams in the world every year. Russia, Iran and USA are usually the best

how will boycott work this year.? I see Russia boycotted. However heard one wrestlers so far declared he is still coming.

how will boycott work this year.? I see Russia boycotted. However heard one wrestlers so far declared he is still coming.

Russia isn't really boycotting. Russia was not invited. Russian athletes are allowed to participate as neutrals if they got an invitation. The Russian federation is apparently pissed off that some of the people they thought should get invited did not, so they announced that no one was going.

Which isn't actually their call, although in a place like Russia it probably kind of is for many of the athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT