ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Tshiebwe with an interesting decision

It's funny, I actually think the NIL is much better for BB than it is for FB. Because with only 2 rds of a draft, and the 1st rd guaranteed, it definitely gives incentive for guys to stay in college and not go to the G League or Europe until they have to.

Reactions: Ski11585
It's funny, I actually think the NIL is much better for BB than it is for FB. Because with only 2 rds of a draft, and the 1st rd guaranteed, it definitely gives incentive for guys to stay in college and not go to the G League or Europe until they have to.
Correct. Case in point: Hugley's game and body don't translate to the NBA but he'll make 7 figures for his senior year at an SEC unless Pitt can match or get close enough. College basketball has plenty of guys like this. A guy like DeJuan Blair transported into 2023 would make as much as $5 million/year in the transfer market. It's pretty stupid to enter the NBA Draft now unless you are a guaranteed 1st Rounder.

Last edited:
Correct. Case in point: Hugley's game and body don't translate to the NBA but he'll make 7 figures for his senior year at an SEC unless Pitt can match or get close enough. College basketball has plenty of guys like this. A guy like DeJuan Blair transported into 2023 would make as much as $5 million/year in the transfer market. It's pretty stupid to enter the NBA Draft now unless you are a guaranteed 1st Rounder.
I think you are over estimating a bit on what these guys will make.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Are you trying to tell me that John Hugley isn't making big money at Auburn right now?
Next year. Maybe Pitt can get close, I don't know. Hugley is very very loyal to Capel so I think he'd take less to play for him but not significantly less. He was Honorable Mention All-ACC. If he's 3rd team this year, he'll make $1 million next year. 2nd team = $1.5 million. 1st team = $2 million

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Next year. Maybe Pitt can get close, I don't know. Hugley is very very loyal to Capel so I think he'd take less to play for him but not significantly less. He was Honorable Mention All-ACC. If he's 3rd team this year, he'll make $1 million next year. 2nd team = $1.5 million. 1st team = $2 million

If we look way over there we can see the goal posts that got moved.

ADVERTISEMENT