ADVERTISEMENT

OSU subpoenaed to produce records dating back to 2014 in regards to recruiting violations...

This isn't about Ponzi schemes. Blazer got his and was the informant for this. By the way, how strange is it that the FBI informants for both the FIFA scandal and college basketball scandals both had the last name of Blazer. Its not that common if a last name. I wonder if there is Marty Blazer from Pittsburgh is related to Chuck Blazer and that's how they found him in the first place.

The crimes here are money laundering and wire fraud. Yes, they are crimes and yes they should be prosecuted. I am delighted this is happening but in the grand scheme of things, paying some HS kids to win their services after they graduate is so not a big deal. I can't call the kids victims because there is no contract saying they have to hire that advisor or wear that shoe. The victims, ok, are the honest (tongue-in-cheek) financial advisors and agents. Poor them.

Again, crimes, yes. Good for college basketball, yes. But what these guys did in the grand scheme of things didn't really hurt anybody.
Perhaps, but I'm not getting where the FBI invested the time and effort over 2 years for a "victimless" crime. It doesn't pass the smell test for me.

My guess is this may turn into a RICO prosecution. My completely uneducated guess is that this is about the quantity of these transgressions. It's one thing to commit this once or twice, but over and over and over? I think that's why the FBI got involved. But like I said, what do I know.

And I thought it was The Ohio State University with the opportunity to put "The Urban ( Meyer) Legend" and "It Doesnt Matta" away! Darn! Maybe they're next on the list!
Hey mr slander the AD over and over. Why don't you slandr her with a real name so good people can come after you. You are so against her that you won't even apologize. Little bully parrothead. The bully is not going free. APOLOGIZE little man. Very little man.

ADVERTISEMENT