ADVERTISEMENT

OSU vs UGA

Not sure how you can watch that game and matter of fact say the better team won. Sure looked like two very close teams. Particularly with OSU losing key WRs down the stretch.
Agreed … basically UGA had to hope for a missed FG in the end after being outplayed most of the night.

I won’t be surprised if TCU gives them a hell of a game… after what went on with Michigan who disposed of OSU with ease.

The best coaching call by UGA was the time out on the fake punt

I’m confused by this game. I’ve read about a thousand times on the lair, how much OSU and the whole Big10 suck.
How can they then be leading Georgia in a game that is almost a home game for Georgia, in the CFP.
Shouldn’t Georgia be blowing OSU out?
big ten doesn't suck, just highly over rated and they are every year. osu is a wide receiver machine and they usually have the best in the country, Kirby Smart is head and shoulders above Day as a coach. Smart and his walk on QB never panicked.

Not sure how you can watch that game and matter of fact say the better team won. Sure looked like two very close teams. Particularly with OSU losing key WRs down the stretch.
I think the better team won. Yes osu was down wide receivers, but Georgia was down their 2 best D players for the whole game. Georgia played with a walk on QB while osu played with a first round draft pick QB. Smart is the better coach, what a TO call on the fake punt.

I think the “walk on QB” thing has been overplayed by now

Dude won a title already… he’s not in that category anymore

Reactions: sonofabit
I think the talent level is negligible. Put Kirby Smart at OSU and Ryan Day at Georgia and Smart will win more often than not.
Yep, both teams are loaded and I think a big difference last night is Ohio State’s star players shined. Stroud maybe played the best game of his career. Harrison was open all game and Paris Johnson was pancaking people. Ringo was up and down for Georgia and Jalen Carter was invisible.

big ten doesn't suck, just highly over rated and they are every year. osu is a wide receiver machine and they usually have the best in the country, Kirby Smart is head and shoulders above Day as a coach. Smart and his walk on QB never panicked.
If Smart is so much better than Day, how is it that he almost lost the game? Georgia was near unanimous as the #1 team, playing essentially a home game, and a 6-7 point favorite. Yet a missed field goal at the end enabled Smart to claim a 1-point victory. Day must have done something right.

If Smart is so much better than Day, how is it that he almost lost the game? Georgia was near unanimous as the #1 team, playing essentially a home game, and a 6-7 point favorite. Yet a missed field goal at the end enabled Smart to claim a 1-point victory. Day must have done something right.
He recruited a QB that was a Heisman finalist 2 years in a row. Stroud was the player of the game in my mind.

QBs can make coaches look either smart or dumb.

Day will always have good offensive players, but his D lets the good teams score easy points. Smart calling that To on the fake punt was brilliant, I don't think Day would have done the same but we will never know because osu lost.

He recruited a QB that was a Heisman finalist 2 years in a row. Stroud was the player of the game in my mind.

QBs can make coaches look either smart or dumb.
Stroud was good but Bennett threw the nice winning TD pass with less than a minute to go.

Day will always have good offensive players, but his D lets the good teams score easy points. Smart calling that To on the fake punt was brilliant, I don't think Day would have done the same but we will never know because osu lost.
And with the best team, and best coaching, Day would still have lost the game if the kicker had made the field goal. How does that happen?

I don’t know how it can logically be argued that Smart was/is the better coach based on that game. We’re talking about a game win by 1 point that could’ve gone the other way had the Pk made the makeabke FG.

I don’t know how you can heep all kinds of praise on Smart for calling a TO communicated to him by his upstairs staff and not any to Day for having a play setup that easily had UGA’s defense beat for a crucial 1st down.

The game was a tossup between 2 teams where most thought UGA had the better talent. Seems the coaching was a tossup as well.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT