ADVERTISEMENT

OT: đź’Ť for winning a weekend youth baseball tournament

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
When did this become a thing? Do kids prefer these to trophies? If I was a kid, I'd much rather prefer the trophy or a medal. I realize these rings probably only cost a couple bucks but its not like trophies cost much more. Also, shouldnt rings signify a championship full season, not going 3-1 over the weekend? Just stupid. So much of travel baseball is stupid. I see these viral clips of 6'0 200 pound 12 year olds hitting nukes and think it would have been nice to be a full grown man at that age.

I don’t know when it started, but has been happening for at least 10 years. Not something new.

When did this become a thing? Do kids prefer these to trophies? If I was a kid, I'd much rather prefer the trophy or a medal. I realize these rings probably only cost a couple bucks but its not like trophies cost much more. Also, shouldnt rings signify a championship full season, not going 3-1 over the weekend? Just stupid. So much of travel baseball is stupid. I see these viral clips of 6'0 200 pound 12 year olds hitting nukes and think it would have been nice to be a full grown man at that age.
"Just stupid" you say. Maybe but certainly not half as stupid as you. You sure like to insult everyone but yourself. Keep up the bad work and maybe someone will give you a trophy, But then again its doubtful isn't it

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
"Just stupid" you say. Maybe but certainly not half as stupid as you. You sure like to insult everyone but yourself. Keep up the bad work and maybe someone will give you a trophy, But then again its doubtful isn't it

Again, if I am found murdered, start the investigation with this guy, who has been stalking my posts for 15 years.

There was a kid who was like 6-2 over 200 at 12 when I was a kid, he broke his left arm and kept hitting HRs one handed that I remember, he ended up being a decent high school player, but that was it, he was kind of stupid and never went to college.

It’s a big thing in wrestling. Well youth tournaments. My son has won two. And we love to go when there are belts involved. Medals and trophies suck haha

It’s a big thing in wrestling. Well youth tournaments. My son has won two. And we love to go when there are belts involved. Medals and trophies suck haha

To me its so stupid. A weekend tournament doesn't warrant a ring. A ring signifies a long championship season, not a good weekend. Trophies or medals are for weekends. Belts are fine and kinda cool for wrestling I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT