ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 1st full capacity stadium event in TX today

This thread might be too political, just like the all star game thread must have been. "That got deleted"

This thread might be too political, just like the all star game thread must have been. "That got deleted"
It hasn't gotten political yet. Discussing vaccines and attendance is not political. This is topical as it relates to Pitt.

There are few (if any) medical reasons not to get the Covid vaccine. Allergy to a component of the vaccine is one, and a history of a severe allergic reaction to another vaccine should be reviewed by a person's doctor before deciding to have the vaccine or not.

If all do as they should and get the vaccine, then those who can't like kma0043 will be protected by all of us stamping out the virus. Then kma0043 can get to Heinz and cheer on the Panthers.
except that you still need to wear a mask and socially distance apprently. also a certain news outlet keeps running stories on the 1 in a million chance you still get the virus as if this happens to 100 out of 100.

so the messaging isnt making people run to the dr for their shot.

I’m enjoying A week in florida right now and no masks insight and I’m not yet vaccinated Hey PA it’s time to get over it and wake up to reality. Fauci will never say no masks are acceptable

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
It hasn't gotten political yet. Discussing vaccines and attendance is not political. This is topical as it relates to Pitt.
Vaccines and covid 19 has been political for over a year, ask Joe, this is more political than why the MLB pulled the all star game from Georgia to colorado

• Haha
Vaccines and covid 19 has been political for over a year, ask Joe, this is more political than why the MLB pulled the all star game from Georgia to colorado
up in Minneapolis again for work. on tv the state girls basketball championship is on and the players while in the game are wearing masks. huh? the cdc in their mask guidance stated a wet mask us useless.
so who is being protected here by science? complete theater

I dont know how a virus or a vaccine is political. Anyone who makes a virus or a vaccine political is a moron.

A virus is a virus. Covid is super deadly for older people. It doesn't care about the political views of that person. A vaccine ensures you dont die from Covid. Nothing at all political about getting a shot to save your life or someone else's.

There are few (if any) medical reasons not to get the Covid vaccine. Allergy to a component of the vaccine is one, and a history of a severe allergic reaction to another vaccine should be reviewed by a person's doctor before deciding to have the vaccine or not.

If all do as they should and get the vaccine, then those who can't like kma0043 will be protected by all of us stamping out the virus. Then kma0043 can get to Heinz and cheer on the Panthers.
No one should EVER be required to get a vaccine of any kind. We all have our rights to make decisons when it comes to our health care. If Pitt starts to require some form of proof that a person has been vaccinated for the Coronavirus, then people will have to make decisions if they want to attend a Pitt sporting event.
I seriously doubt that it ever gets to that point, because if it does, regardless of who is in charge politically, the United States of America that we all know, will be gone forever.

No one should EVER be required to get a vaccine of any kind. We all have our rights to make decisons when it comes to our health care. If Pitt starts to require some form of proof that a person has been vaccinated for the Coronavirus, then people will have to make decisions if they want to attend a Pitt sporting event.
I seriously doubt that it ever gets to that point, because if it does, regardless of who is in charge politically, the United States of America that we all know, will be gone forever.

I don't think anyone believes people should be required to get vaccinated. I am saying private businesses that who run mass gatherings such as sports teams should require vaccine proof....for like ONE season until we have mostly beat this thing.

Instead, the Steelers and Pitt will be at something like 50% capacity in the fall when they should be at 100% with 70K vaccinated fans.

This doctor would disagree with you. And since he writes text books for doctors, I think I'll go with his medical opinion over all the board wannabe physicians.

This doctor would disagree with you. And since he writes text books for doctors, I think I'll go with his medical opinion over all the board wannabe physicians.

Well, I have a little bit in common with the great Dr Richard Fleming.
MD: check
Writes textbooks for doctors: check (Well, chapters. I haven't written an entire book.)
Posts content on conspiracy websites: check. (Fleming on "Bases", where the most recent posting is about proof of aliens. Me: Pantherlair!)
Convicted felon: No check there. Me---No. Fleming: check.

So TBH, I am glad both you and Dr Fleming disagree with me. That probably makes me right! I agree with the actual expert I discussed vaccination efforts with.

So TBH, I am glad both you and Dr Fleming disagree with me. That probably makes me right! I agree with the actual expert I discussed vaccination efforts with.

I'm not sure which is worse, the number of crackpots that the pandemic has brought out of the woodwork, or the number of people who buy into whatever the crackpots are selling.

I'm not sure which is worse, the number of crackpots that the pandemic has brought out of the woodwork, or the number of people who buy into whatever the crackpots are selling.
It’s the supposedly intelligent people buying into the crack pots as far worse
I’m cynical enough to understand these cranks know there is money to be made is peddling conspiracy to that niche market

Well, I have a little bit in common with the great Dr Richard Fleming.
MD: check
Writes textbooks for doctors: check (Well, chapters. I haven't written an entire book.)
Posts content on conspiracy websites: check. (Fleming on "Bases", where the most recent posting is about proof of aliens. Me: Pantherlair!)
Convicted felon: No check there. Me---No. Fleming: check.

I really wasn't taking a pot shot at you. I know you're an MD and only used your post as a spring board to address that there are virtually no reasons not to get the vaccine. So, although I'm disappointed you went directly to "conspiracy theorist!" in an effort to avoid discussing the science, I'll take the blame for you taking my post personally and reacting as you did..

There's no doubting his achievements or his qualifications. My guess is that the billing fraud was some type of hit piece, but I'll look at it.

I have a problem with folks impugning the motives of those choosing not to take an experimental vaccine, (er, not even a vaccine actually but rather a "genetic modification technology"), when they don't know diddly squat about an issue.

BTW, feel free to put up any dissertation on the web by your "actual expert". And, oh, it's nice that you wrote a chapter for the text "History of rectal rashes among snipes on 15th century English Man of War ships". Truly fascinating stuff.

All kidding aside; why don't you watch the video a tell me what is false? Again, my "wannabe physician" comment was aimed at the typical uninformed poster on here, not you.

Reactions: USN_Panther
I really wasn't taking a pot shot at you. I know you're an MD and only used your post as a spring board to address that there are virtually no reasons not to get the vaccine. So, although I'm disappointed you went directly to "conspiracy theorist!" in an effort to avoid discussing the science, I'll take the blame for you taking my post personally and reacting as you did..

There's no doubting his achievements or his qualifications. My guess is that the billing fraud was some type of hit piece, but I'll look at it.

I have a problem with folks impugning the motives of those choosing not to take an experimental vaccine, (er, not even a vaccine actually but rather a "genetic modification technology"), when they don't know diddly squat about an issue.

BTW, feel free to put up any dissertation on the web by your "actual expert". And, oh, it's nice that you wrote a chapter for the text "History of rectal rashes among snipes on 15th century English Man of War ships". Truly fascinating stuff.

All kidding aside; why don't you watch the video a tell me what is false? Again, my "wannabe physician" comment was aimed at the typical uninformed poster on here, not you.
Most of us know there is no convincing those who are convinced of an anti-science platform -
Because they will always cling to a desperate notion contrary to common sense .

I’ve learned that no abundance of science and data will convert the true conspiracy believers

I learn who the lost causes are
And it’s the Venn perfect circle of the vaccine cause autism and COVID vaccine hesitation

fleming is a well know quack peaching To a choir or dopes

trust the pharmacist who actually understand how things are approved and who they interact with the body

Most of us know there is no convincing those who are convinced of an anti-science platform -
Because they will always cling to a desperate notion contrary to common sense .

I’ve learned that no abundance of science and data will convert the true conspiracy believers

I learn who the lost causes are
And it’s the Venn perfect circle of the vaccine cause autism and COVID vaccine hesitation

fleming is a well know quack peaching To a choir or dopes

trust the pharmacist who actually understand how things are approved and who they interact with the body
Haha, What pharmacist would that be? Sorry, I'll go with the arrogantly egotistical research doctor who has a PhD in physics, an MD and a JD over the board pill counter. The next time you post any actual data on here will be the first time.

Well, TBH, I did see you post some data years ago once...on another site.

I just posted a two hour interview that includes a detailed explanation of how COVID infects you, what the vaccines do and don't do, side effects of the vaccines and the potential risks due to the lack of compete testing. You can watch it and point out the errors, or talk your usual B.S. There are even videos of researchers admitting they were paid by the DoD to perform gain of function research. One gof researcher worked in North Carolina. You might have even bumped into him while in the john during some convention on how statins impact bat guano.

Oh, and I just came across a video by a UPMC biomedical senior researcher, James Lyons-Weiler who went through many of the initial vaccine studies and trials and details how they cherry picked their data and ended the studies where vaccines caused serious damage and/or autism. Can you say they cooked the studies? Can you say fraud? Funny how nobody is suing him for accusing them publicly of fraud.

Of course, UPMC researchers are well known quacks too, right?

Haha, What pharmacist would that be? Sorry, I'll go with the arrogantly egotistical research doctor who has a PhD in physics, an MD and a JD over the board pill counter. The next time you post any actual data on here will be the first time.

Well, TBH, I did see you post some data years ago once...on another site.

I just posted a two hour interview that includes a detailed explanation of how COVID infects you, what the vaccines do and don't do, side effects of the vaccines and the potential risks due to the lack of compete testing. You can watch it and point out the errors, or talk your usual B.S. There are even videos of researchers admitting they were paid by the DoD to perform gain of function research. One gof researcher worked in North Carolina. You might have even bumped into him while in the john during some convention on how statins impact bat guano.

Oh, and I just came across a video by a UPMC biomedical senior researcher, James Lyons-Weiler who went through many of the initial vaccine studies and trials and details how they cherry picked their data and ended the studies where vaccines caused serious damage and/or autism. Can you say they cooked the studies? Can you say fraud? Funny how nobody is suing him for accusing them publicly of fraud.

Of course, UPMC researchers are well known quacks too, right?

You mean former and yes he’s a quack
Lyons-Weiler is a former University of Pittsburgh research scientist known as a prominent voice in the anti-vaccine movement.
He’s a statistician who likewise peddles to the anti-vaccine cult

Last edited:
You mean former and yes he’s a quack
Lyons-Weiler is a former University of Pittsburgh research scientist known as a prominent voice in the anti-vaccine movement.
He’s a statistician who likewise peddles to the anti-vaccine cult
Correct. He's an expert at reviewing studies and determining if they are valid, whereas you, from what I can tell from your posts, are experienced in what exactly....managing the inventory of pharmaceuticals at hospitals and clinics?

Again, I'll trust a "former" Director of Bioinformatics at the University of Pittsburgh and specializes in evolutionary biology and genetics, and clinical research principles as opposed to the poster who says he "understand(s) how things are approved" and peddles big pharma propaganda.

• Haha

Its a bit disturbing if you really watched a 2 hour and 30 minute lecture on vaccines. Why would you do that?

I am actually interested though in what this guy thinks. I'm not watching it so tell me please. I would guess, based on your wackiness on the other board, that he says the vaccine doesn't work and they are really implanting a Bill Gates-sponsored tracking device.

Its a bit disturbing if you really watched a 2 hour and 30 minute lecture on vaccines. Why would you do that?

I am actually interested though in what this guy thinks. I'm not watching it so tell me please. I would guess, based on your wackiness on the other board, that he says the vaccine doesn't work and they are really implanting a Bill Gates-sponsored tracking device.
I've watched it a couple times now, and then I've gone to other medical sources on line to check his claims. Plus other doctor articles and talks.

We all have to set our priorities. Some of us are laser focused on whether or not Jeff Capel will be fired next year rather than later, while others want to educate themselves on the science involved in the current pandemic and proposed treatments.

If you really wanted to know, you'd watch the video. Maybe if you had watched a two hour and 30 minute video on securities trading, you wouldn't have predicted a 6,000 DOW. Like I said...priorities.

Correct. He's an expert at reviewing studies and determining if they are valid, whereas you, from what I can tell from your posts, are experienced in what exactly....managing the inventory of pharmaceuticals at hospitals and clinics?

Again, I'll trust a "former" Director of Bioinformatics at the University of Pittsburgh and specializes in evolutionary biology and genetics, and clinical research principles as opposed to the poster who says he "understand(s) how things are approved" and peddles big pharma propaganda.
Yes I have no doubt you will go with your affirmation bias

be careful out there - high risk people don’t fair well with covid

Yes I have no doubt you will go with your affirmation bias

be careful out there - high risk people don’t fair well with covid
Thanks. Facts are facts though. The only bias is when you ignore the negative and I ignore the positive. The difference is I don't call people names who disagree. Not that you do, at least not directly. You're polite enough to infer insanity instead. I appreciate that.

Be calm, and trust in the jab. I'll continue to shelter in yard work. My ribosomes are busy enough.

Thanks. Facts are facts though. The only bias is when you ignore the negative and I ignore the positive. The difference is I don't call people names who disagree. Not that you do, at least not directly. You're polite enough to infer insanity instead. I appreciate that.

Be calm, and trust in the jab. I'll continue to shelter in yard work. My ribosomes are busy enough.

I watched a little bit of your boy. I know nothing about the host but the very first thing on the intro theme says "Area 51" so he is obviously a conspiracy theorist. The doc is too. While I am sure some of what he says is true, he is an example of a partisan who is manipulating or misrepresenting data to prove what he wants to be true.

How do you even find this stuff? I get it, you're a conspiracy theorist, fine. But don't link other conspiracy theorists to back up your claims. You guys WANT to believe something and find others out there on obscure websites to validate your beliefs.

I call paranoia as I see it
Rest assured there are plenty of grifters out there willing to tell you exactly what you want to believe

I watched a little bit of your boy. I know nothing about the host but the very first thing on the intro theme says "Area 51" so he is obviously a conspiracy theorist. The doc is too. While I am sure some of what he says is true, he is an example of a partisan who is manipulating or misrepresenting data to prove what he wants to be true.

How do you even find this stuff? I get it, you're a conspiracy theorist, fine. But don't link other conspiracy theorists to back up your claims. You guys WANT to believe something and find others out there on obscure websites to validate your beliefs.
Your cognitive process fascinates me. Obviously, not just me, but most on the board as well. So, the host said words to which you've been conditioned to react, therefore the guest is "misrepresenting data". Normally I'd ask for an example, but my COPD won't allow me to hold my breath.

TBH, I am glad both you and @USN_Panther disagree with me. That makes it much less likely that he, although a smart dude, is right. I therefore feel much better now siding with the conspiracy theorist who earned three post graduate degrees. Thanks, SMH!

Your cognitive process fascinates me. Obviously, not just me, but most on the board as well. So, the host said words to which you've been conditioned to react, therefore the guest is "misrepresenting data". Normally I'd ask for an example, but my COPD won't allow me to hold my breath.

TBH, I am glad both you and @USN_Panther disagree with me. That makes it much less likely that he, although a smart dude, is right. I therefore feel much better now siding with the conspiracy theorist who earned three post graduate degrees. Thanks, SMH!
Look at the selective elitist !
Just ignore the post graduate degrees who disagree

I call paranoia as I see it
Rest assured there are plenty of grifters out there willing to tell you exactly what you want to believe
And I've seen them all. Doesn't mean everyone who disagrees with you is a grifter, nor does it change the fact that this is the first mRNA vaccine(s) approved for human use and without the traditional full testing.

Be calm and trust in the yard gnome who headed gain of function research at the NAIAD. Nahhh, no conflict of interest there, right? 😉

Look at the selective elitist !
Just ignore the post graduate degrees who disagree
I admitted to as much to you earlier. We all pick and choose. But I was comparing Fleming to SMH, ergo, apples and oranges.

And I've seen them all. Doesn't mean everyone who disagrees with you is a grifter, nor does it change the fact that this is the first mRNA vaccine(s) approved for human use and without the traditional full testing.

Be calm and trust in the yard gnome who headed gain of function research at the NAIAD. Nahhh, no conflict of interest there, right? 😉
Naiad has nothing to do with the approval process
Happy to help correct you
mRNA are how viruses replicate
There is nothing unusual to use a component of a virus protein to create an immune response .

Reactions: PA_Panther

The bottom line is the guy is CLEARLY partisan. Just like you shouldn't believe partisan news channels, you shouldn't necessarily believe partisan doctors.

I admitted to as much to you earlier. We all pick and choose. But I was comparing Fleming to SMH, ergo, apples and oranges.
I only have two post graduate degrees
But I’m sure the JD is particularly helpful in his wrong interpretation of vaccine safety -
Give ya a hint -
Anyone who writes and sells books linking autism to vaccines - should be discredited

ADVERTISEMENT