ADVERTISEMENT

OT:A heartfelt thank you to

bschulter

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2007
Amy Anderson, PITT athletic dept and Pierre93 for reaching out to me while I'm battling cancer.
The hat and shirt was awesome but the letter I received from Amy made me proud to be a true PANTHER fan
Basically the letter said that prayers are with me and keep on fighting so I can be ready on September 2nd. I will not let PITT down!!!!
Thank you to the GREATEST university in the world!!!!
H2P FOREVER!!!

Amy Anderson, PITT athletic dept and Pierre93 for reaching out to me while I'm battling cancer.
The hat and shirt was awesome but the letter I received from Amy made me proud to be a true PANTHER fan
Basically the letter said that prayers are with me and keep on fighting so I can be ready on September 2nd. I will not let PITT down!!!!
H2P FOREVER!!!
Godspeed! 🙏

I will send a screenshot to Amy, Bob...just chatted with her yesterday.

Get well soon!

Not sure if you recall that we tailgated together at Akron before the monsoon hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: bschulter
Amy replied that you made her tear up. She said "Just doing my job as a fellow panther and making sure he knows the pitt family is behind him. Thanks for sharing … made my day."

I always wondered if you remembered you, 7 fields and myself enjoying the bus trip to Akron getting soaked and enjoying a campfire talking about PITT. GREAT memories will never be forgotten!!!
When the box was delivered I had no idea who sent it but after opening it tears rolled down my cheeks. I'm really nothing more than a fan who roots and roots for my favorite teams on earth!!!
But having the university to take time out of their busy day to write a hand written letter to me made me feel that PITT has my back from this journey. Thank you!!!!
Do you remember the girl crushing beer cans on her head??? That was pretty impressive!!!

I want to thank all of you for thoughts and prayers. You're the best!!!
Just don't be a stubborn macho man like me and don't get a colonoscopy because it's not a thing that I consider as normal procedure. My family had no history of cancer. Doc said I was just the unlucky one.
So please get it done. The alternative sucks

I always wondered if you remembered you, 7 fields and myself enjoying the bus trip to Akron getting soaked and enjoying a campfire talking about PITT. GREAT memories will never be forgotten!!!
When the box was delivered I had no idea who sent it but after opening it tears rolled down my cheeks. I'm really nothing more than a fan who roots and roots for my favorite teams on earth!!!
But having the university to take time out of their busy day to write a hand written letter to me made me feel that PITT has my back from this journey. Thank you!!!!
Do you remember the girl crushing beer cans on her head??? That was pretty impressive!!!
That was a bus rented by the players' parents we took to Akron. I remember a loud, drunk dad in the back on the way home...was hilarious. I think it was JP Holtz's dad? 🤔

H2P FOREVER!!!
Good luck! We’re rooting for you!!!

H2P FOREVER!!!
Kia kaha mate. Kick cancer's ass.

H2P FOREVER!!!
Even though I appreciate the shout out BSchulter it was Amy that took the info and made it all happen. She's a great ambassador for our Pitt Panthers. After reading these posts it makes me feel great to see the support from all our fellow lairman. I'm certain you'll win this battle with your great attitude, as well perseverance. Keep the faith 🙏 and keep believing my friend. H2P!!!!!

H2P FOREVER!!!
Hang in there and fight the good fight!

God bless you and those who reached out to you!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT