ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Another "thoughts and prayers" evening

Remember in elementary school when one kid acted up and everyone in the class had to miss recess because of it? Time for that mentality here. Americans have proven they are not responsible enough for semi automatic weapons. Time to ban them and enact stricter gun control measures.

need the official inspirational message for this one so I can change my “stronger than hate” facebook avatar.

Thousand Oaks strong??

Last edited:
Remember in elementary school when one kid acted up and everyone in the class had to miss recess because of it? Time for that mentality here. Americans have proven they are not responsible enough for semi automatic weapons. Time to ban them and enact stricter gun control measures.

There’s a thing called the 2nd amendment that protects Americans from that exact action. As a country, the blame game needs to shift from blaming a gun, to blame the scumbags who get a gun, hellbent on killing.

It sucks for sure.
There was a 5 year window in late 90s to early 00s that I really liked it but I got burned out on it quick. This crap now is tough to listen too but that’s how I feel about alot of music.

I realized that I like a little bit of a lot of styles of music but not a lot of one style of music. It’s like anything, different people like different stuff I guess.

Our country’s media’s obsession with death is incredible. I’d be curious if it’s like this in other countries.

Reactions: passedout
There’s a thing called the 2nd amendment that protects Americans from that exact action. As a country, the blame game needs to shift from blaming a gun, to blame the scumbags who get a gun, hellbent on killing.

you really think if Thomas Jefferson popped up today he would say, "Carry on Citizens,this is what I meant by the 2nd amendment"

How do you get every scumbag before they take action? Ain't happening. No reason for private citizens to own semi-automatic weapons. None, zero, nada. If you love shooting them, it should be restricted to private clubs or ranges that don't leave the premises.

in America

24mg9w.jpg

The solutions would be intolerable on either side depending on which direction. Banning and attempting to confiscate weapons would be pretty ugly, even if logistically even feasible. But the other part of the solution, amping up surveillance and aggressive preemptive action against suspected individuals or groups, would also face hostility. On the surface just about all, particularly progressives, would likely get behind it if it had uncovered a Bowers or right wing types. But then if it's being applied to Antifa, to aggressive Muslim sects, to powerful gangs in Chicago etc ... progressives would cry out. There would definitely be cries of racism, etc.

But I personally think it HAS to happen though, unpopular as it may be. Of course to some extent it is already ... i'm black-helicopter enough to realize there's a measure of spying being done now and figure there are actions taken we never hear and see (on purpose) that likely preempted really, really abhorrent things. There is going to need to be more, much more. Because there's just so much powerful armaments out there, mass seizure is just not feasible even if lawfully possible. Yet the situation is getting outrageous and something more indeed needs to be actively done.

Never underestimate temporary Facebook avatars and social media posts talking about hope and courage and strength. They give me something to read on my phone when I’m in the crapper.

Plus they give the impression that you care when you kind of do but not enough to really do anything besides take 3 seconds to post a pic..

were-stronger-than-hate.jpg

you really think if Thomas Jefferson popped up today he would say, "Carry on Citizens,this is what I meant by the 2nd amendment"

How do you get every scumbag before they take action? Ain't happening. No reason for private citizens to own semi-automatic weapons. None, zero, nada. If you love shooting them, it should be restricted to private clubs or ranges that don't leave the premises.
Scumbags don't follow laws, sir. In fact, it's already illegal to kill people. More laws won't help; you'll only be restricting law abiding citizens.

I don’t know what the founding fathers would say today. What I know is that I own several firearms including an AR-15 and I’ve never once had the urge to massacre 11 people in a synagogue or 12 people in a bar. My automatic rifle is responsible for zero deaths and it will stay that way. So, why would anyone have the right to take that automatic rifle from me?

I don’t know what the founding fathers would say today. What I know is that I own several firearms including an AR-15 and I’ve never once had the urge to massacre 11 people in a synagogue or 12 people in a bar. My automatic rifle is responsible for zero deaths and it will stay that way. So, why would anyone have the right to take that automatic rifle from me?

maybe it shouldn't be a right but a privilege.

Exactly! And we need to stop banning everything! All drugs legal, anarchy everywhere! In fact we should even allow sarin gas, because the people that kill with sarin gas are to blame, NOT THE GAS! Monsanto should even be allowed to spray cancer causing chemicals for profit on all our food...oh wait... ok... score one for Merica!

What is next? Are we going to ban the sun cause it causes cancer? How about eliminate boobies? Heck no I say! If you love boobies, then I say get to the ballot boxes and vote for me, I promise to make this great country what it once was! .... a barren wasteland devoid of life... and God bless America.

maybe it shouldn't be a right but a privilege.

Obviously you do not know what a right is then. You clearly lack to understand why it is a right. Do you not find it funny that the places that do treat the 2nd amendment like a privilege and not a right also have the most gun crime/killing. Look at the gun laws of California, Illinois/Chicago, NY State and City, Washington DC and compare that to PA and Texas. Yes there is still gun crime in PA, Georgia, and Texas, but nothing like what is found in the big cities of LA, Oakland, Wash DC, NYC.

Also do you really think if you banned all guns that there would not be a black market that criminals would still get them?

Exactly! And we need to stop banning everything! All drugs legal, anarchy everywhere! In fact we should even allow sarin gas, because the people that kill with sarin gas are to blame, NOT THE GAS! Monsanto should even be allowed to spray cancer causing chemicals for profit on all our food...oh wait... ok... score one for Merica!

What is next? Are we going to ban the sun cause it causes cancer? How about eliminate boobies? Heck no I say! If you love boobies, then I say get to the ballot boxes and vote for me, I promise to make this great country what it once was! .... a barren wasteland devoid of life... and God bless America.
Eliminate boobs? Dude, what in the hell are you babbling about.

President Stache runs on a campaign of eliminating boobs, I’m not voting for him. I’m putting this out there now. The sun? Yeah, I’d be cool banning the sun. I don’t see it’s purpose to be honest.

Eliminate boobs? Dude, what in the hell are you babbling about.

President Stache runs on a campaign of eliminating boobs, I’m not voting for him. I’m putting this out there now. The sun? Yeah, I’d be cool banning the sun. I don’t see it’s purpose to be honest.

I dont think you read it. If you dont vote for me, then you dont like boobies. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I will applaud your rainbow hat and right to express yourself.

Obviously you do not know what a right is then. You clearly lack to understand why it is a right. Do you not find it funny that the places that do treat the 2nd amendment like a privilege and not a right also have the most gun crime/killing. Look at the gun laws of California, Illinois/Chicago, NY State and City, Washington DC and compare that to PA and Texas. Yes there is still gun crime in PA, Georgia, and Texas, but nothing like what is found in the big cities of LA, Oakland, Wash DC, NYC.

Also do you really think if you banned all guns that there would not be a black market that criminals would still get them?

Exactly! I mean, dont people even look at STATISTICS!!! We should ban Christianity before guns!!! It is indeed a fact that there are more gun deaths in places of prayer than in satanic worshipping hovels. Wake up America... and god bless boobies... or America... or whatever... I mean, just someone bless something I like.

I dont think you read it. If you dont vote for me, then you dont like boobies. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I will applaud your rainbow hat and right to express yourself.
wait, but I do. what about the sun thing? I honestly don't like the sun. before I promise to vote for you, what can you do about the sun?

God bless the screen pass to Hall this Saturday afternoon..

wait, but I do. what about the sun thing? I honestly don't like the sun. before I promise to vote for you, what can you do about the sun?

God bless the screen pass to Hall this Saturday afternoon..

Im turning that sh*t off. I mean, there isnt even a sponser for it, right??? I will promise to fabricate a new sun, and I guarantee that General Electric (a true American company I may add, and I am huge friends with the owner, and true American patriot and General) will pay 100% for it. And noooooo way those Rooshkies will see any of it!

I will tether my sun to my American class (I say American class instead of World Class becuase duhhh... America is way better) mansion in my resort home in Winterset, Iowa! Where only true Americans live. Suspend it 76 miles up in the air and have it operate using the clapper. I dont have all the details ironed out yet, but the General will assist me with this.

Last edited:
My understanding is the original intent argument is the 2nd amendment is about a right to bear arms so citizens could join together and form militias to fight (British or Domestic or whatever) tyranny.

Considering our current government posses F-15s and M1-A1 tanks, should citizens be allowed to own those as a valid counter threat against government oppression? Stinger missiles?

The supreme court upheld a banning of fully automatic guns. What is so legally important about allowing nearly every type of semi-automatic gun?

I think the real answer is we've gotten well beyond the originalist argument and are now into "it's my hobby, don't touch it."

Reactions: H2P 2003

Because its unnecessary. They are not needed by private citizens.

Im turning that sh*t off. I mean, there isnt even a sponser for it, right??? I will promise to fabricate a new sun, and I guarantee that General Electric (a true American company I may add, and I am huge friends with the owner, and true American patriot and General) will pay 100% for it. And noooooo way those Rooshkies will see any of it!

I will tether my sun to my American class (I say American class instead of World Class becuase duhhh... America is way better) mansion in my resort home in Winterset, Iowa! Where only true Americans live. Suspend it 76 miles up in the air and have it operate using the clapper. I dont have all the details ironed out yet, but the General will assist me with this.
Well my friend, I’ve heard enough. You have my vote.

What's sad is that they've already done basically that in Chicago, and they have maybe the worst gun violence in America.

That's not the answer to this horrible question of violence.

Reactions: JSSTartan
Mass Shootings are the #1 threat to America. That and Drunk Drivers are the things most likely to kill me and my family. Uber has lessened some drunk driving and in a few decades, all cars will be automated so eventually there will be no drunk driving. As for mass shootings, there's got to be something that can be done. I mean we literally do nothing about it.

What's sad is that they've already done basically that in Chicago, and they have maybe the worst gun violence in America.

That's not the answer to this horrible question of violence.

Here we go with Chicago. Gang members shooting gang members over drugs are targeted crimes. Unfortunately, an innocent bystander gets hit and that's horrible but the vast majority of Chicago shootings are people "in the game." Its terrible that it happens but there is no threat to society at large. Random mass shootings are what concerns me way more because these are rando psychos who had a bad day, not a gang member killing a gang member.

My understanding is the original intent argument is the 2nd amendment is about a right to bear arms so citizens could join together and form militias to fight (British or Domestic or whatever) tyranny.

Considering our current government posses F-15s and M1-A1 tanks, should citizens be allowed to own those as a valid counter threat against government oppression? Stinger missiles?

The supreme court upheld a banning of fully automatic guns. What is so legally important about allowing nearly every type of semi-automatic gun?

I think the real answer is we've gotten well beyond the originalist argument and are now into "it's my hobby, don't touch it."

My Stinger missile never killed anyone... I only use them to squirrel hunt.

Mass Shootings are the #1 threat to America. That and Drunk Drivers are the things most likely to kill me and my family. Uber has lessened some drunk driving and in a few decades, all cars will be automated so eventually there will be no drunk driving. As for mass shootings, there's got to be something that can be done. I mean we literally do nothing about it.
These things are tragic, no doubt, but you just look stupid when you say that you are most likely to be killed by a mass shooting.

These things are tragic, no doubt, but you just look stupid when you say that you are most likely to be killed by a mass shooting.

I mean non-medical. Car accident by my own error or a non-drunk driving accident would probably be #1, ok.

You are assuming private citizens are fighting the military, I think most military members would not take arms against its own citizens, they would fail to comply.

Here we go with Chicago. Gang members shooting gang members over drugs are targeted crimes. Unfortunately, an innocent bystander gets hit and that's horrible but the vast majority of Chicago shootings are people "in the game." Its terrible that it happens but there is no threat to society at large. Random mass shootings are what concerns me way more because these are rando psychos who had a bad day, not a gang member killing a gang member.

Chicago is also flooded with guns from Indiana, which the city borders. There are gun shows in Gary that are basically about selling guns to gang members from Chicago and Indiana refused for years to shut them down.

Overall the developed countries with the highest gun ownership tend to have the highest murder rates.

There are a few outliers, but we have a violent culture. It's been violent since the origin of our settlers pushing out the indigenous people, slavery, a civil war, post war vigilantism, the drug war, and so on. Adding guns on top to a violent culture makes us uniquely murderous in the developed world. It's more than just one thing.

But even Switzerland, which does not have our violent history, has the highest murder rate in western Europe by a wide margin. And they're also the only country in Europe that has (quasi) "mandatory" gun ownership. Ultimately if you just have more guns lying around, people are more likely to shoot their spouse or whatever.

Reactions: Teh Teh
"Here we go with Chicago?"

Really?

Your political party enacted extremely strict gun laws that don't work, and you are willing to ignore it because you realize that is not the answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT