ADVERTISEMENT

OT ... at least one cool thing about Scott Barnes...

Mar 20, 2017
He's finally getting around to selling his Pittsburgh house (actually in the North Park Villas). He may have done us serious harm with Stallings, but the guy at least had a pretty cool item in his man cave ...

8a3d4140fce02a6c822f1561dba08607l-m20xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the tour at http://www.realtor.com/realestatean..._PA_15044_M33996-52506?ex=PA601287749#photo20

That's pretty cool. Are those pennants all places he attended and worked at? I assume so.

Wonder if Steve P has A Dinocat pool table with the word Pittsburgh plastered everywhere throughout his man cave.

The house went on the market in February for $830k, went contingent then fell through then they pulled the listing. Went back on the market with a $90k haircut, so he is going to lose a good chunk of money on this one since he bought it for $730k just two years ago and now has transfer stamps and realtor fees. Christine the agent is a friend, I hope she gets it sold for him quickly. The pool table was on sale on Craigslist a few months ago and someone posted it on here. I am sure it did not last long; gorgeous billiards piece.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Odd to see a home in this price range go contingent and then go back to active.

The house went on the market in February for $830k, went contingent then fell through then they pulled the listing. Went back on the market with a $90k haircut, so he is going to lose a good chunk of money on this one since he bought it for $730k just two years ago and now has transfer stamps and realtor fees. Christine the agent is a friend, I hope she gets it sold for him quickly. The pool table was on sale on Craigslist a few months ago and someone posted it on here. I am sure it did not last long; gorgeous billiards piece.

I'm guessing it might have to do with the previous potential buyers......perhaps from out of town......not being able to sell their home.

That is one of the key differences between a home being contingent.....or being "under contract".

The realtor comments say it was a clean inspection, so it was either they didn't sell their house or couldn't qualify...that is a lot more rare in this price range than your typical Pittsburgh $200k house.

Contingent buys are generally associated with the buyer selling their existing home or finalizing a job move timeline, rather than scraping-up financing approvals. At that price level, no respected realtor is going to enter a contingent agreement (nor even SHOW the home) to buyers that are not already pre-qualified for sufficient financing upon sale of their existing home.

Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT