ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Barry Bonds was Always a Jerk

Only the Pirates throw a parade after the best player in the last 50 years leaves their team.

Don’t care that he was juicing. Other HOFers did. And cheated in other ways.
I do. If he cheated and was known to do so, then he doesn’t belong. As I tell my kids, I don’t care what your friends do, you have rules and if you break them there are consequences.

But as a parent, it’s hard to explain that the guy cheated and received pay raises and an improved quality of life by doing so.

I do. If he cheated and was known to do so, then he doesn’t belong. As I tell my kids, I don’t care what your friends do, you have rules and if you break them there are consequences.

But as a parent, it’s hard to explain that the guy cheated and received pay raises and an improved quality of life by doing so.
I'm sorry but it was never proved that he juiced. So unless somebody can show me otherwise, he's a first ballot HOF.

So should we throw out all the current HOFers that have cheated? Gotta be consistent right?

Reactions: Zepley09
I'm sorry but it was never proved that he juiced. So unless somebody can show me otherwise, he's a first ballot HOF.
lol, i agree. I dont think he was that much bigger at end of his career than when he was here in pittsburgh..

Barry Bonds' Rookie Card - Funny & Jokes

Other than he started using BALCO before the 2000 season for his supplements and weight training.
Then BALCO was raided and found to be producing designer steroids and masking agents. They also found their client list.
Then when the case was unsealed it revealed that he tested positive for steroids 4 separate times for 3 different steroids and different masking agents.

That kind of proof?

Other than he started using BALCO before the 2000 season for his supplements and weight training.
Then BALCO was raided and found to be producing designer steroids and masking agents. They also found their client list.
Then when the case was unsealed it revealed that he tested positive for steroids 4 separate times for 3 different steroids and different masking agents.

That kind of proof?
nope, that doesnt count. we need visual proof of a big needle going into his arm or it doesnt count. Like when Drago got injected by evil russian scientists wearing lab coats in Rocky 4.

unless you have this you can link, all else is not valid..

• Haha
Reactions: PittAU
So should we throw out all the current HOFers that have cheated? Gotta be consistent right?
Absolutely. If they broke rules that were in place that enabled them to play at a higher level, then take them out.

In Bonds case, it’s a shame for him because he would have been a HOFer anyways. He was an elite player before steroids. If he wasn’t such a jerk, he’d have had 2 MVPs before leaving Pittsburgh. Terry Pendleton winning mvp was a joke. But so was not voting for Bonds because he was the biggest A-hole in baseball, which is saying something because they mostly all were jerks.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Bonds still IS. I never heard Babe Ruth ever mentioned as anything like Cobb or Williams.
Ruth over ...everybody
he beat women and allegedly killed his first wife so he didnt have to pay her so he could marry someone else.. but who cares. im not kidding or being sarcastic either, like who really cares? SHe was probably a pain in the ass anyways..

name a couple and the "cheating" offenses you speak of and we can debate it..that's what we are here for..

If you say so....
lol, i wasnt there man, and if he beat up women or didnt, again, no one cares.

im with you guys, if they are good on the field, put em in the HOF. it's old timer, baseball traditionalists who hold up some mythical sanctimonious garbage as a pre-requisite for enshrinement. it's silly and hypocritical.

dude hit a ton of dingers, give him a bust and move on

Reactions: Chaos

im with you guys, if they are good on the field, put em in the HOF. it's old timer, baseball traditionalists who hold up some mythical sanctimonious garbage as a pre-requisite for enshrinement. it's silly and hypocritical.

Really? Then you have no problem with nitters that love Paterno and defend Sandusky? After all he produced some very good defenses.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall

I'm Kurt Schilling and I approve this message....

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
lol, i wasnt there man
since we are bantering about I found this, it appears Ruth and his first wife had separated and she was living with a dentist (as his wife) at the time of her death. Ruth it appears knew where she was and she died in Watertown while he was in NYC. Lastly according to the article he was visibly upset when addressing her death with the reporters. Babe's first wife

since we are bantering about I found this, it appears Ruth and his first wife had separated and she was living with a dentist (as his wife) at the time of her death. Ruth it appears knew where she was and she died in Watertown while he was in NYC. Lastly according to the article he was visibly upset when addressing her death with the reporters. Babe's first wife
You are arguing a conspiracy theory against someone with a QShaman profile pic...

You are arguing a conspiracy theory against someone with a QShaman profile pic...
Haha, its 19 degrees outside, I won't get called back to work until March 6th at the earliest, I can't start drinking High Lifes on Friday afternoon with no Pitt game this weekend plus who needs it with the Panthers doing so well lately , I'm going stir crazy......

What I dislike about Bonds is that he stunk like rotten turds in the playoffs for the Pirates every single year. I couldn’t care less if he was a jerk. I never met him personally so I particularly have no reason to care.

In fact the best thing about him is probably that he’s so vehemently hated by the old child-rapist-loving aholes in Pgh media. Nothing that Bonds has ever done is worse than Cook, Smizik, Micco et al and their undying support for Sandusky and Paterno.

The pitcher's best weapon to counter the steroids was taken away from them. Bob Gibson couldn't possibly miss Bonds' huge melonhead.
Once batters lost the feeling of risk in the batter's box, they were free to lean in and pull the ball.
What is wrong with plunking a guy? The other team plunks your guy. The benches clear and guys hug and dance with each other, and the game goes on.

As good as he was and as long as he played, he never won a World Series. Yet the Giants go on the have a dynasty shortly after he retires, go figure. Not everybody has what it takes to be a leader, and that probably applies to Barry.

Reactions: mike 301
A kid in our neighborhood, and a good friend of my brother, was a clubhouse boy for the Pirates during the time Bonds was on the team.

Ask him about Barry Bonds. Complete and total sociopath in the way he treated people. He'd refuse to sign balls and other things that were going to charity, abuse all the employees, and just generally be a complete a$$hole when he didn't even have a reason.

Screw him, and good riddance when his steroid riddled A$$ passes on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT