ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Book Richardson

Duneaux Harm

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2020
I did not know this.

“Humbled and chastened, Richardson spent a year at Monroe College, a junior college in the Bronx, and then moved on to Pitt-Johnstown, where during his two seasons he led all Division II players in assists per game. After a season as associate head coach at Pitt-Johnstown, he took a job in New York’s financial sector, but he was naturally drawn to teaching and coaching. He worked as a substitute elementary school teacher in the Bronx while also serving as an assistant coach at St. Raymond’s and Monroe. In 2002, Richardson was invited to coach one of the Gauchos’ top high school teams”

Excerpt from Article in Athletic.

I did not know this.

“Humbled and chastened, Richardson spent a year at Monroe College, a junior college in the Bronx, and then moved on to Pitt-Johnstown, where during his two seasons he led all Division II players in assists per game. After a season as associate head coach at Pitt-Johnstown, he took a job in New York’s financial sector, but he was naturally drawn to teaching and coaching. He worked as a substitute elementary school teacher in the Bronx while also serving as an assistant coach at St. Raymond’s and Monroe. In 2002, Richardson was invited to coach one of the Gauchos’ top high school teams”

Excerpt from Article in Athletic.
I live 5 minutes from UPJ and I didn't realize that.

“Griffin and Effron mentioned that New Jersey native and ex-Pitt guard Ashton Gibbs would be “an ideal candidate” as a graduate assistant to Richardson.”

Last edited:
Also potentially related, Jeff Capel traded follows with Book on Instagram about a year ago.

“Griffin and Effron mentioned that New Jersey native and ex-Pitt guard Ashton Gibbs would be “an ideal candidate” as a graduate assistant to Richardson.”
Ashton will never do that

ADVERTISEMENT