ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boston College inks deal with New Balance

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Will be replacing Under Armour, who reportedly has been bleeding money and dropping schools. New Balance is a Boston company and the Eagles will “get more out of the deal” as their flagship school. Thoughts?

New Balance signed Kawhi Leonard a year or two ago and have been building their brand and image since.

On a side note, my daughter's friend came over this weekend and had a pair of all white Fila sneaks. Are the all white making a comeback?

Will be replacing Under Armour, who reportedly has been bleeding money and dropping schools. New Balance is a Boston company and the Eagles will “get more out of the deal” as their flagship school. Thoughts?
This is a great deal on the surface. It’s actually a U.S. company that makes most of there shoes in the U.S. They make the best running shoes and always have. Love that they are expanding their market in other areas. I will pay extra money for their brand over any other simply because it’s made here. BC made the right move here regardless of the $.

This is a great deal on the surface. It’s actually a U.S. company that makes most of there shoes in the U.S. They make the best running shoes and always have. Love that they are expanding their market in other areas. I will pay extra money for their brand over any other simply because it’s made here. BC made the right move here regardless of the $.
If Pitt made a similar deal, the AD should be fired. Nike, Adidas, Under Armour. Nobody wants to wear New Balance. I'd be embarrassed AF walking around with a Pitt shirt with that N logo on it.

If Pitt made a similar deal, the AD should be fired. Nike, Adidas, Under Armour. Nobody wants to wear New Balance. I'd be embarrassed AF walking around with a Pitt shirt with that N logo on it.

You make deals based on terms and financials, not what brand SMF likes. You're irrelevant, and will wear whatever logo is on the team gear.

Reactions: cease10
It is good enough for LFC. It is good enough for Pitt.

I think GT is still with Russell Athletic, which IS an Atlanta based company.

Under Armour? Everybody who had a deal with them bailed . . . or was it the other way around?

Going with NB sends the wrong message. If they want to recruit better players, go with Nike even if it's less money. However, BC doesn't care about winning more games.

I agree Nike shoes suck for running, but I’m no fan of New Balance. As a neutral runner with high arches and skinny feet, NB are death. I prefer ASICS gel cumulus or nimbus or Kayano.

ps I never got the guys who’d run in bare feet. When I lived in DC, I saw that a lot. I hope they know a good orthopod.

Going with NB sends the wrong message. If they want to recruit better players, go with Nike even if it's less money. However, BC doesn't care about winning more games.
I like NB and associate it with Boston. However, I am not the target market. Asked my kid about tennis shoe brands: Nike are the best, Adidas are hard to break in, New Balance are crap.

ADVERTISEMENT