ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Boston College inks deal with New Balance

I think the kids will be impressed with the cool colorways like UA.

These look alot like what UA have been putting out with Steph Curry.

11814_Comp_A_Mobile.jpg

I like NB and associate it with Boston. However, I am not the target market. Asked my kid about tennis shoe brands: Nike are the best, Adidas are hard to break in, New Balance are crap.
Exactly. BC is already in a tough spot for recruiting players. Why kneecap the program more by doing this?

As a person with Fred Flinstone feet (4E or H) New Balance is the only athletic shoe I wear. I hate all the other brands because there wide shoes are still too narrow.

With that said, in such a image driven industry (sports) this is not good for BC in that aspect no matter how much I or anyone feels NB is better than those other brands.

NB makes excellent running shoes, have great lifestyle classic shoes that are popular, and they are really working at improving their soccer cleats. I've been wearing NB running shoes road and trail since the 90's. They have always improved their designs, improved quality, and improved technology. I don't really now what they invested in R&D for football or basketball. I've also worn some NB clothing for running, but not liking the clothing as much as the shoes.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I agree Nike shoes suck for running, but I’m no fan of New Balance. As a neutral runner with high arches and skinny feet, NB are death. I prefer ASICS gel cumulus or nimbus or Kayano.

ps I never got the guys who’d run in bare feet. When I lived in DC, I saw that a lot. I hope they know a good orthopod.
I'm also neutral, and NB 890 has been in my rotation ever since I started running. I've found the toe box too narrow on some versions, so it's surprising to hear that NB doesn't work well for skinny feet. In any event, you have to wear whatever feels best for you. While I prefer Mizuno Wave Rider slightly, NB are light, just the right amount of cushion, and wear well.

Reactions: Dan1911
I'm also neutral, and NB 890 has been in my rotation ever since I started running. I've found the toe box too narrow on some versions, so it's surprising to hear that NB doesn't work well for skinny feet. In any event, you have to wear whatever feels best for you. While I prefer Mizuno Wave Rider slightly, NB are light, just the right amount of cushion, and wear well.
Will have to give that specific model a try, but NB seem to really do well for wide, flat feet.

Spend a little more and go with the 1080 if you are a neutral. If you use Waverider you can use 1080. Not to pump a business here, but I often buy from Joe's New Balance Warehouse.

Reactions: PittSquared
As a person with Fred Flinstone feet (4E or H) New Balance is the only athletic shoe I wear. I hate all the other brands because there wide shoes are still too narrow.

With that said, in such a image driven industry (sports) this is not good for BC in that aspect no matter how much I or anyone feels NB is better than those other brands.
As a guy who has just normal guy feet...... Nike was good even 10 years ago. Not great for running, but still had cross-training style sneakers that where fine for normal men who cut grass and run a little bit after hitting the gym. The garbage they have now is not worth a shit. There is no shoe actually there. More like a glorified sock attached to a poor tread and they call it a running shoe. I can buy a decent pair of safety shoes and have more stability than the current version of Nike shoes. I am planning to test Keen and other historic hiking shoes for my next pair. When I used to run I preferred New Balance, but I look at them as pure running shoes. They made me fall on my ass too often though in the muddy woods.

New Balance's highest profile clients.

Kawhi Leonard of the LA Clippers and Jamal Murray of the Denver Nuggets.

12100_Comp_K_Image.jpg

11779_Comp_A_Jamal_Mobile.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT