ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Crests

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
I’ve always had a thing for crests so this tweet caught my eye. I’ve always liked a star above a crest because that displays your history and Championship pedigree. I think that’s something American sports can steal from soccer. I wouldn’t mind seeing 6 stars above a Steeler logo or 5 stars above the penguin crest. But those are are only domestic championships. Some of the Euro club teams have stars above their crests signifying Champions League titles but don’t do it for domestic titles.

Anyways out of these, I like Hollands the best and they have no stars and no world championships.

I also like the 3 Lions. Not sure why they don’t include one star in their crest. Maybe they are embarrassed that it’s their sport and they only have 1 world championship. Lol

th

For me, the Dutch and Portuguese crests are the best. I also like their home uniforms.

The Croatian crest is the worst. Obviously, the red and white checkerboard pattern has great meaning to Croatians, as it’s on everything, but to a non-Croatian it gets very boring very quickly.

The Brazilian crest is the most disappointing. The 5 stars should be shining above something with more flair.

The English crest is fine. Their home kit is the most boring of the 8.

ADVERTISEMENT