ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Doesn't Zeise realize

When Canada is fired by the Stillers, Pitt should bring him in as OC to replace Whipple. We know he is a good OC. We know the no OC is going to do a great job with the Stillers this season.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
30+ against D1 opponents.
Crazy to realize that every team Pitt has played this year is a D1 football team.

Can't wait to hear people say that it must be Marion calling the plays so far this season and not Whipple. Then when we only score 28 some game, people will "oh Whipple took back over the play calling responsibilities."

Reactions: Pantherwalk
It's not reasonable to blame the OC for the fact that the OL is the worst in the NFL, the WR's can't get any separation and Ben has reached the end of his road.

When Ben is throwing around 50 times, at this point in career...the Steeler's are losing. It's not on Matt Canada.

You can only coordinate what you have available.

Reactions: persp
Crazy to realize that every team Pitt has played this year is a D1 football team.

Can't wait to hear people say that it must be Marion calling the plays so far this season and not Whipple. Then when we only score 28 some game, people will "oh Whipple took back over the play calling responsibilities."
New Hampshire is a D1-as school. They don’t count.

But whipple offense has put up 41 points against Tennessee and WMU so I give credit when credit is due.

Marion is a position coach who never called plays at a D1 program, he’s not running anything at pitt this year and he isn’t calling any plays either. The offense is on whipple, good or bad, it’s on him.

Reactions: donapowell
Regarding whipple I don't think he has shown us a single thing that would give an indication if he is a long term solution yet or not.

I think it is a certainty that Pitt will be in the grad transfer market this off season and the big numbers Pitt and KP are putting up so far should help attracting the right fit for Whips offense. Especially so since we don’t seem to be bringing in any development signal callers this class.I think the Texas signee in the last class will be the develpomental QB since he is very short on experience at the position. As for the others we haven’t seen enough of them to make a judgment one way or another in quality game competition except for Yellin and in a few instances Patti. Whip doesnt seem to be too high on Beville either.

I don't understand the hate for Whipple, yeah the run game is very bad but gosh darn since Kenny came back from injury last season were averaging 43.6 points a game. On top of that us and Ole Miss are one and two in scoring and the next teams are not even close.

I don't understand the hate for Whipple, yeah the run game is very bad but gosh darn since Kenny came back from injury last season were averaging 43.6 points a game. On top of that us and Ole Miss are one and two in scoring and the next teams are not even close.

Yet our defensive coordinator is considered one of the top assistants in college football. Funny how that goes.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
Canada was a terrible hire for the Steelers with the personnel they have in place, particularly at QB. I'm tired of seeing this team promote offensive coordinators internally. I know people didn't like Todd Haley, but he was the best thing that happened to this offense since Whisenhunt left.

Effective running game points per game. Exactly

I agree. But at the same time, imagine if this defense was just marginally better and could force a few more three and outs per game. That could be all that is needed with this offense.

But hard to keep our defense from wearing out with no run game and losing the time of possession battle.

ADVERTISEMENT